PDA

View Full Version : Celtic V Liverpool Commentary

nelo
14/03/2003, 9:18 AM
The commentary on RTÉ last night was a disgrace, how dare they have two admitted Liverpool fans cover the game, I am not a Liverpool fan and only have a passing interest in Celtic but I was absoutly disgusted by the biased coverage. I can't remember the name of the main commentator but to be constantly saying how much of a World Class outfit Liverpool are compared to Celtic for the duration of the game was aweful. Jim Beglin was his usual stupid self, my god that man would spend one minute complimenting the greatest goal ever scored and then spend an hour telling us how the keeper/defenders/referee was at fault. I was confused, Balde was sensational last night and the commentary team failed to notice it even saying that the ball was falling well for him, bull****! he was working his ass off all game. At times I was wondering if I was watching the same game as these muppets! I thought Smith played a blinder on the right wing but they claimed he was having no impact, NO IMPACT?? He was constantly testing the Liverpool defence, beating Riise and putting the ball in the box, how the hell is that having no impact??? It was the worst commentary I've heard since the reign of Jimmy Magee. Please someone remind me the name of the main commentator so I can start a petition for George Hamilton and sombody other than Beglin to comment on the next game, I wont be paying my TV licence fees to listen to such crap!!!

James
14/03/2003, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by nelo
I wont be paying my TV licence fees to listen to such crap!!!
maybe you should pay your licence in glasgow :D

nelo
14/03/2003, 9:48 AM
Yeah, It would probably be cheaper then the extorsion here.
:p

Real ale Madrid
14/03/2003, 7:13 PM
THe fact that Liverpool are a world class outfit in comparison to Celtic is just a statement of fact and it dosen't say much about Celtic. Liverpool are no world beaters. Celtic seem to play better away from home in the competition but Liverpool will still win the return easy.

Schumi
15/03/2003, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I thought Liverpool were easily the more dangerous side for most of the match without having to push forward too much.

A face
15/03/2003, 10:35 AM
Who really cares .... It is RTÉ .... they set their standards years ago and we all know what to expect.

Neil
15/03/2003, 10:36 AM
I thought they were both as bad as each other! Crap game, crap football. Only bit of excitemnet was the first 5 minutes and when yer man Diouf spat into the crowd! Magic stuff!

sadloserkid
19/03/2003, 8:45 AM
I quite like Celtic but Jamie Smith was rubbish after the first twenty minutes last Thursday, he panicked too easily and I think he only beat his man once in the second half. Agree with your point but our commentators are always like that, massively biased towards the English teams. Tis stoopid...

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Jamie Smith was rubbish
Spot on.
Play Healy.

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Spot on.
Play Healy.

I totally agree with that. Unfortunately, on this count, Martin O'Neill appears to be 110% clueless.