PDA

View Full Version : Alan Kelly Thread

BohsPartisan
29/06/2007, 9:12 AM
Why was it closed, are we not allowed say anything controversial anymore? I did'nt think it was in any way OTT and it represents the views of a fair proportion of fans of the league.

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 9:16 AM
Started out fine.

Then degenerated into the usual crap we see in any thread vaguely related to the subject - allegations about the Head of Refereeing for the FAI, more "everyone against Cork" ****e and such.

By now I myself and a few others are getting sick and tired of the same old crap being dredged up.

NY Hoop
29/06/2007, 10:09 AM
Do you not think its strange that his father is the referee's assessor? That is worthy of debate. Just because you were laughed at you shut down the thread?? The level of moderation on this site is pathetic.

KOH

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 10:24 AM
Do you not think its strange that his father is the referee's assessor? That is worthy of debate. Just because you were laughed at you shut down the thread?? The level of moderation on this site is pathetic.

KOH

No - what I take umbrage at is the insinuation of a family cabal running the refereeing department at the FAI to serve their own ends, and that certain parties fiddle the fixtures to rake in more on expenses (green-blood's last posting in that thread)

EVERY single thread on refereeing or refereeing related starts out with a few level headed people giving constructive criticism on the subject - but then the hoardes decend on it - posting their usual nonsense causing the whole thing to be binned and closed.

I also find it rich the accusations above in the quoted post coming from someone who gets their knickers in a twist at someone else using the term "Shamrock" to describe your club.

I'll turn around and say now - at times the level of posting by some on this site is pathetic.

BohsPartisan
29/06/2007, 10:41 AM
Réiteoir,
Do you not think that something is amiss if the person responsible for assessing Alan Kelly's performances is his own father? Do you not think people have a right to question that. Do you not think that the fact that this is a football forum populated by football fans makes this the place to discuss it? And if me and NY Hoop agree on something it must be right.

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 10:47 AM
Réiteoir,
Do you not think that something is amiss if the person responsible for assessing Alan Kelly's performances is his own father? Do you not think people have a right to question that. Do you not think that the fact that this is a football forum populated by football fans makes this the place to discuss it? And if me and NY Hoop agree on something it must be right.

Fine then lads - I'll set up a thread for you to have your little snipes and rants at the system and leave you to it.

Because frankly now - I'm getting to the stage where I can't be bothered with this place.

NY Hoop
29/06/2007, 10:49 AM
No - what I take umbrage at is the insinuation of a family cabal running the refereeing department at the FAI to serve their own ends, and that certain parties fiddle the fixtures to rake in more on expenses (green-blood's last posting in that thread)

EVERY single thread on refereeing or refereeing related starts out with a few level headed people giving constructive criticism on the subject - but then the hoardes decend on it - posting their usual nonsense causing the whole thing to be binned and closed.

I also find it rich the accusations above in the quoted post coming from someone who gets their knickers in a twist at someone else using the term "Shamrock" to describe your club.

I'll turn around and say now - at times the level of posting by some on this site is pathetic.

Again do you not find it strange that a referee's father assesses his son? No knockers in a twist at all. Just pointing out that Shamrock is not the accurate name of our club. Righting a wrong.

Starting a thread about how wonderful it is that a certain ref gets to referee a meaningless tournament somewhere leads me to believe that as a moderator you either work for the FAI and are planting posts here or you are related to said chap. Either way its unfair and pathetic then to bin a thread that you started because someone has a different view.

KOH

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 10:53 AM
You've got your wish guys:

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=64441

NY Hoop
29/06/2007, 11:04 AM
Thank you for ignoring the very valid points made here and turning it into "the world against me" vibe. Very mature for a mod.

KOH

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you for ignoring the very valid points made here and turning it into "the world against me" vibe. Very mature for a mod.

KOH

I'll answer your last points as this will in all likelihood be my last input on here for a good long while - but with Anto McC (or whatever his name is) a few days ago - I fear it'll be like talking to a brick wall on a housing estate.

I don't work for the FAI - I am however a registered referee.
I'm no relative of Mr Kelly or his family - in fact I have no connections with County Cork whatsoever.

"Starting a thread about how wonderful it is that a certain ref gets to referee a meaningless tournament somewhere"

I posted that as I thought it was newsworthy - an official from our League getting recognised on a bigger stage by getting a game with two top pro teams which will be covered by Sky and Italian and Spanish TV - friendly or not.

As for your last assertion - that's ex-Mod thank you very much. I've better things to be doing than trying to clean up other people's rants and your spewings.

I predict that you'll come back with some kind of hilariously original and mature "another Bohs supporter running away" comment.

OhNoYouDidn't
29/06/2007, 11:25 AM

KOH

look at his name. he is a referee defending other referees.

no offence reitor, but between this and your bohs bias, you aren't a very impartial mod

Réiteoir
29/06/2007, 11:35 AM
have to correct you there - soon to be ex-Mod

Quite correct on the first point though - I'm simply trying to defend my colleagues.

I had been pushing for the inclusion of one of the more level-headed one of your lot to help out as a co-Mod - but for some reason it didn't get followed up on.

NY Hoop
29/06/2007, 11:46 AM
I'll answer your last points as this will in all likelihood be my last input on here for a good long while - but with Anto McC (or whatever his name is) a few days ago - I fear it'll be like talking to a brick wall on a housing estate.

I don't work for the FAI - I am however a registered referee.
I'm no relative of Mr Kelly or his family - in fact I have no connections with County Cork whatsoever.

I posted that as I thought it was newsworthy - an official from our League getting recognised on a bigger stage by getting a game with two top pro teams which will be covered by Sky and Italian and Spanish TV - friendly or not.

As for your last assertion - that's ex-Mod thank you very much. I've better things to be doing than trying to clean up other people's rants and your spewings.

I predict that you'll come back with some kind of hilariously original and mature "another Bohs supporter running away" comment.

In fairness original and mature arent words that come to mind when you come on. While he still ignores the father son refs.........

KOH

dahamsta
29/06/2007, 12:08 PM
We get the point lads, and he's resigned. Enough.

Risteard
29/06/2007, 12:19 PM
Didn't Kelly do a Q&A on here?
I can't seem to find it.

DmanDmythDledge
29/06/2007, 1:00 PM
Didn't Kelly do a Q&A on here?
I can't seem to find it.
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=121618

Risteard
29/06/2007, 1:07 PM
Is that archived or something i searched kelly alan hair

dfx-
29/06/2007, 3:17 PM
Can I just say at this point that I thought Reiteoir was a good mod and the childish hounding of him in this thread as above reflects worse on certain posters involved than the moderation.. (being a Bohs supporter aside of course ;) )

NY Hoop
29/06/2007, 3:50 PM
Can I just say at this point that I thought Reiteoir was a good mod and the childish hounding of him in this thread as above reflects worse on certain posters involved than the moderation.. (being a Bohs supporter aside of course ;) )

In your opinion. Stick to koptalk.

He was asked a valid question and his answer was to send the thread elsewhere. That is childish.

KOH

osarusan
29/06/2007, 3:58 PM
Either way its unfair and pathetic then to bin a thread that you started because someone has a different view.

KOH
So it is unfair to try and shut others up just because you disagree with them?
Fair enough.

But when dfx- defends him, you say this -

In your opinion. Stick to koptalk.
KOH

In other words, he(dfx-) should shut up.

Dont you think that is hypocritical?

dfx-
29/06/2007, 4:02 PM
Never visited Koptalk..what's it like?

Edit: The rest of this post was covered by Osarusan.