PDA

View Full Version : Gethins signs new deal with Harps

harps1954
29/06/2007, 9:10 AM
Looks like he won't be heading to you now.

Gethins puts pen to paper on new Harps contract

Finn Harps FC are delighted to confirm that prolific striker Conor Gethins has signed a 1 year extension to his contract with the club committing himself to remaining on the banks of the Finn till the end of the 2008 seaon. The former Ross County man joined Harps in 2005 as Anthony Gorman's first signing as manager of the club, scoring two goals in a handful of appearances at the end of that season. The Lifford man went on to star the following season scoring 7 goals in just 9 starts in a season hampered by injury, before being loaned to Galway United for the second half of the season.

Gethins is back with a bang this year and has scored 9 times in all competitions to date taking his tally to a highly impressive 18 goals in 31 starts and 8 substitute appearance for the club.

Manager Paul Hegarty expressed delight with the development. "Conor is a quality player, everyone knows that and his performances this season speak for themselves. He is the kind of player I want to keep at this club and I'm delighted he's committed for another year at least."

Harps Chairman John Campbell was also clearly pleased at concluding the deal "As chairman of Finn Harps I am delighted that we have concluded contract negotiations successfully. Conor is a integral part of the Harps push for promotion and I am delighted he has extended his contract. I want to thank all concerned in the negotiation s to bringing them to such a successful conclusion. The extension of Connor's contract is proof of Finn Harps commitment to challenge for promotion this season."

--
Official Press Release From Finn Harps FC

GuisaSaigon
29/06/2007, 9:19 AM
Don't think we were really after him any more. Mickey Yeboah, Derek Glynn, Stevo Flynn and Chris Armstrong should do up front!

Mr A
29/06/2007, 9:26 AM
Don't forget Barry Moran.

GuisaSaigon
29/06/2007, 9:36 AM
Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten about Barry!

MyTown
29/06/2007, 9:42 AM
Best of luck to Conor.

Guaranteed goal scorer and did great for us in his short time here.

gufcfan
01/07/2007, 12:39 AM

Forget Barry Moran

Best of luck to Conor.

Guaranteed goal scorer and did great for us in his short time here.

Ditto

Only messin bout Barry