PDA

View Full Version : The offical league website.

Pages : [1] 2

Supersaint
28/06/2007, 11:28 PM
are the fai just going to leave it like that or add some other stuff to it? its a bit of a joke.theres only news and the league tables. theres nothing on the website to encourage non league fans to go to games either.

pete
29/06/2007, 12:10 AM
I believe changes are to be made but no idea of the schedule.

A face
29/06/2007, 8:58 AM
Right now its a pointless exercise, its redundant.

http://www.eircomloi.ie/

John83
29/06/2007, 2:48 PM
It beats having nothing. It needs to improve, but I'm willing to give it a bit longer to actually do it.

pateen
29/06/2007, 3:59 PM
I got an email from the administrator yesterday when I had a query about fixtures.
He replied and asked me had I any suggestions for the site while I was at it.

I send him some ideas to eoghan.rice@fai.ie. Try the same the more input the more satisfied customers and hence the more it will encourage people to go to it more often.
Sould really be the place for breaking news, history on players, interviews, stats etc and finally some sections as gaeilge as weill like GUFC, FAI etc

BohsPartisan
29/06/2007, 4:01 PM
Eoghan Rice, the Rovers fan?

John83
29/06/2007, 6:43 PM
Same guy. FAI PR guy now.

khoop
29/06/2007, 9:23 PM

Yes - the same deluded fool.

sligoman
03/07/2007, 1:08 PM
I emailed them about future plans. This is the response I got:

The new league site is going to be launched next week and there will be lots of new features on it. As well as fixtures, match reports, tables etc. the new site will also carry regular interviews and q&a’s with players and managers. There will also be club profiles, manager profiles, competitions, polls, stats guides etc.

In terms of getting supporter input, we will have a section called “fans’ view”, where we will be asking supporters to write for the website on whatever league-related topic they want to. There is also a ‘spotlight on a supporter’ section, where fans answer q&a’s on their memories, favourite players etc.

The site will also carry multi-media capabilities, where we can stick up video and audio files, although this won’t happen straight away as there is still some work to be done on that side of things.

We are just going through the testing process at the moment, but the site will be ready to go live next week!
--------------------
Sounds fantastic if they follow through with it.

holidaysong
03/07/2007, 1:24 PM
Sounds great. Hope it happens, don't see why it wouldn't... I must say I'm coming around (slowly) to this FAI run league.

WeAreRovers
03/07/2007, 1:30 PM
Yes - the same deluded fool.

Nothing like bringing your personal crap into the public domain, eh KH? :rolleyes:

KOH

Sunny Jim
03/07/2007, 2:26 PM
Good to see we beat Dundalk 3-0. Could have sworn it was the other way round.

DmanDmythDledge
03/07/2007, 2:32 PM

The new league site is going to be launched next week and there will be lots of new features on it. As well as fixtures, match reports, tables etc. the new site will also carry regular interviews and q&a’s with players and managers. There will also be club profiles, manager profiles, competitions, polls, stats guides etc.

In terms of getting supporter input, we will have a section called “fans’ view”, where we will be asking supporters to write for the website on whatever league-related topic they want to. There is also a ‘spotlight on a supporter’ section, where fans answer q&a’s on their memories, favourite players etc.

The site will also carry multi-media capabilities, where we can stick up video and audio files, although this won’t happen straight away as there is still some work to be done on that side of things.

We are just going through the testing process at the moment, but the site will be ready to go live next week!
--------------------
Sounds fantastic if they follow through with it.
It does. Having match previews up earlier and archived match reports should be done too.

Supersaint
03/07/2007, 7:29 PM
the website they have now is only temporary i got this reply when i sent him an email.
We hired a top class web design company to put together a new website for the league, which, as I’m sure you’re aware, would be the first time the league had its own dedicated official website. That company – Webfactory – have been working on the site over the last few months, but in the meantime we have been using the existing site as a sort of holding measure. The existing site was only ever a temporary gesture just to give us some online presence before the proper site was launched.

pineapple stu
03/07/2007, 8:06 PM
Let's wait until their future plans are present plans before passing judgement. If I had a quid for every time the FAI said they were revamping the awful FAI website (still not great), I'd have...ooh, I'd say about E24. But that's still a lot of empty promises.

A face
03/07/2007, 8:55 PM
Let's wait until their future plans are present plans before passing judgement. If I had a quid for every time the FAI said they were revamping the awful FAI website (still not great), I'd have...ooh, I'd say about E24. But that's still a lot of empty promises.

Completely agree, years upon years of dashed hope has people hardened and bitter, and quite rightly so too. It up to them to prove us all wrong. Horrible situation i know but it didn't get that way over night and it wont be solved over night either. Lots done and lots more to do.

derrymac
03/07/2007, 10:02 PM

In terms of getting supporter input, we will have a section called “fans’ view”, where we will be asking supporters to write for the website on whatever league-related topic they want to.

Great... will we see Maribor Kev's delaney Muppt show article up there soon then?

FarmHoop
03/07/2007, 11:30 PM
Any word on when its up?

pineapple stu
12/07/2007, 5:33 PM
Credit where it's due - it's been revamped. www.eircomloi.ie

Haven't had a chance to look through properly yet, but looks an improvement.

ollie
12/07/2007, 6:14 PM
Does anyone else find the pages slow to load or is it just me?

Looks good though i have to say!

Jerry The Saint
12/07/2007, 6:22 PM
Does anyone else find the pages slow to load or is it just me?

Looks good though i have to say!

Yep, very slow at the moment, they should be able to fix that soon enough.

I was actually looking through the site earlier today for club profiles - delighted to see that these are now provided (although I've spotted an error in the Pats profile - Honours section...:rolleyes::o)

FarmHoop
12/07/2007, 6:26 PM
still lacks alot i think

Erstwhile Bóz
12/07/2007, 7:04 PM
That slanty writing on the home page is a bit jarring. Massive improvement, though. Fair play to them.

el punter
12/07/2007, 7:33 PM
anybody else having problems registering? I've unsuccessfully tried 3 times now.

Looks great though, I'm looking forward to having a speedy and reliable source of info

pete
12/07/2007, 7:40 PM
The link to the old site (index) still brings up the old site.

It is slow as hell.

When you into the Premier division why does it say Rovers v UCD is the next live game? Do they mean TV? Any chance they'd mention the time & channel? I see they mention on the main page but poor form to not have it all joined up...

Content is king. No use have flashy site if content hard to find or incorrect.

Sniffer
12/07/2007, 8:17 PM
Registration requires nominating a team to receive an ezine about - I'm a neutral, I object.:mad:

KoemansCC
12/07/2007, 8:26 PM
Site seems to be down at the moment....

Kildare Lad
12/07/2007, 11:02 PM
I like it

L37Ultra
12/07/2007, 11:06 PM
Thats a top class website IMO!! well done to all concerned!!

TheBoss
13/07/2007, 12:06 AM
Registration requires nominating a team to receive an ezine about

You sure, cause it does not work for me.

GreenStar
13/07/2007, 1:18 AM
Registration problem seems to be that it doesn't force you to nominate a User Name when you register, but when you try to Log-In it asks for your User Name and Password.

Magicme
13/07/2007, 8:46 AM
Its a work in progress but looking good!

Raheny Red
13/07/2007, 10:23 AM
Registration requires nominating a team to receive an ezine about - I'm a neutral, I object.:mad:

Just pick Shels ;) :cool:

centre mid
13/07/2007, 10:33 AM
I've tried to register about 20 times, it wont let me log in :(

CollegeTillIDie
14/07/2007, 11:57 AM

Nominate us we won't object . We have more neutrals coming to watch us than most other clubs do.

On a serious matter.... When was the League Cup Semi-final draw done? It was supposed to be lunchtime on Friday 13th. There's no news about it to be found anywhere. Did rain postpone it?

sligoman
14/07/2007, 12:02 PM
There's no news about it to be found anywhere. Did rain postpone it?You didn't look too hard. (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=65451)

DmanDmythDledge
14/07/2007, 11:30 PM
The new site looks very good, good on content as well.

Raheny Red
15/07/2007, 9:18 AM
We have more neutrals coming to watch us than most other clubs do.

How did you work that out:confused:

Bald Student
15/07/2007, 9:11 PM
How did you work that out:confused:As a %age of the home crowd from London Red's accurate counting here:

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=709552&postcount=788

pineapple stu
15/07/2007, 9:53 PM
Backed up by dublinwanderer here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=719794&postcount=21).

Who are we mere mortals to argue in the face of that?

passinginterest
16/07/2007, 1:26 PM
Is there a new address for the official site? I can't get it to open at all. In firefox or IE.

DmanDmythDledge
16/07/2007, 1:34 PM
www.eircomloi.ie (http://www.eircomloi.ie)

passinginterest
16/07/2007, 1:44 PM
www.eircomloi.ie (http://www.eircomloi.ie)

Still no luck. I get this in Firefox:

Background:
The gateway could not receive a timely response from the Web site you are trying to access. This might indicate that the network is congested, or that the Web site is experiencing technical difficulties.

and this in IE

10060 - Connection timeout

No problems with any other sites. :confused:

GuisaSaigon
16/07/2007, 1:46 PM
www.loi.ie no problems for me with firefox.

passinginterest
16/07/2007, 1:59 PM
Must be something to do with the system here in work. Strange that it's the only site I've seen it happen with. No luck with loi.ie either.

Dodge
16/07/2007, 2:02 PM
Just checked it there and its not working for me either

atfconline
16/07/2007, 2:06 PM
http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/ is working fine for me right now.

GavinZac
16/07/2007, 2:17 PM
you think thats bad?

the namesakes of the league clearly dont give a toss as they haven't updated their own LOI in over 3 years.

not only that, but its the top result on google for "eircom league of ireland"
http://home.eircom.net/html/sport/eircomleague.html

MyTown
16/07/2007, 2:25 PM
:mad:

No Joy so far using the 3 variants of addresses given by other posters above.

eelmonster
16/07/2007, 6:18 PM
Working perfectly well for me. They've done a good job, fine on form, fine on content.