Bohs to beat Shamrock.
Cobh to beat Monaghan.
Dundalk to beat Wexford.

10euro returns 93.29 with PP

el punter
29/06/2007, 10:16 AM
from http://elpunter.blogspot.com/

St. Patrick's Athletic v Derry City

With Drogheda resting up until Monday night Pats are prersented with the opportunity to reclaim top spot for a few days at least. The Saints lost on their last league outing before their own fans and have collected only one point from the last nine available. That injection of new blood is badly needed to rejuvenate Johnny Mc's side. Alan Kirby is suspended following his hissy fit last week, likewise John Frost. In their favour, the visitors are the once mighty Derry City who have gone five without a win under the reluctant stewardship of stalwart club man Peter Hutton. With 2 transfer requests handed in, and a creeping apathy within the squad a win for the Candystripes would- well, would surprise everybody. The only current comparison betwixt City and Drogheda relates to the unavailable list - Darren Kelly, Dave Rogers, Killian Brennan, Pat McCourt, Alan Moore and Karl Bermingham. Greg O'Halloran is injured and suspended. Anything bigger than EVS against Pats should be snapped up. I got some 1.07 at Bet Chronicle (who have either revised their trading policy or have decided I don't have a clue what I'm doing as they are now laying a decent bet again!)

Previous meetings:
Derry City 0-1 St Patricks Athletic Eircom League Premier Division 2007 23 Mar 07 View Details
St Patricks Athletic 2-2 Derry City FAI Cup 2006 3 Dec 06 View Details
St Patricks Athletic 0-1 Derry City Eircom League Premier Division 2006 10 Nov 06 View Details
Derry City 3-1 St Patricks Athletic Eircom League Premier Division 2006 13 Aug 06 View Details
St Patricks Athletic 1-1 Derry City Eircom League Premier Division 2006 12 May 06 View Details

Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians

This is the fixture that the Gardai look out for every season; a volatile mix of passion and points at Tolka Park. Unfortunately for the 'home' side they are a little hamstrung for this one. Barry Murphy is still injured - thankfully not seriously - Aidan Price is out. Derek Pender caught his foot in his shorts - against Galway United, stop the sniggering - so he too is out of the Hoops back four. They will also miss the robust presence of Danny O'Connor in the centre circle. Bohs will be buoyed by their recent ascendancy to third spot, but there is still everything to play for between these two 'sporting' rivals. Dessie Byrne and Joxer are sitting this one out. Yes, Harpal Singh is still a Bohs player. One for the Asian Handicaps I reckon, any odds against Bohs with draw no bet is tempting.

Previous meetings:
Bohemians 2-1 Shamrock Rovers Eircom League Premier Division 2007 3 Apr 07 View Details Bohemians 0-2 Shamrock Rovers FAI Cup 2006 29 Aug 06 View Details
Shamrock Rovers 1-1 Bohemians FAI Cup 2006 25 Aug 06 View Details

Sligo Rovers v Longford Town

Given the kind of season that Longford are having one suspects that if they were three nil up with five minutes to go at the Showgies there would be a power failure. Alan Matthews miniscule squad have worked their jocks off in the face of great adversity. They have yet to win in the road and must face a Rovers side oozing confidence following three successive wins, without centre half Kevin Doherty. Paul Cook has lit a fire under the Bit O'Red and they are playing some very attractive football. Not too many sides come away from Belfield with a 2-0 win. Doesn't look to be any value from a punting perspective though.

Previous meetings:
Longford Town 0-1 Sligo Rovers Eircom League Premier Division 2007 23 Mar 07 View Details
Longford Town 0-2 Sligo Rovers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 3 Sep 06 View Details
Sligo Rovers 3-1 Longford Town Eircom League Premier Division 2006 3 Jun 06 View Details
Longford Town 0-0 Sligo Rovers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 27 Mar 06 View Details

Bray Wanderers v Waterford United

It mighn't light the blue touchpaper in the same way as the Rovers / Bohs clash, but it will lack none of the intensity. As the footballer said to the interviewer, obviously, neither side are picking up enough points ; that's why they are struggling at the bottom. Oh no, I'm having a Paul Osam moment. Strangely, their performances have been satisfactory of late, as displayed by Waterford against Bohs last Monday. The Blues' inability to score on the road - only two this season - may well prove to be their downfall. Paul Dunphy is suspended for the Seagulls, if he played I'd strongly consider a bet on Bray, but his absence is enough to keep my powder dry here.

Previous meetings:
Waterford United 1-2 Bray Wanderers Eircom League Premier Division 2007 23 Mar 07 View Details Waterford United 3-0 Bray Wanderers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 8 Sep 06 View Details
Bray Wanderers 3-1 Waterford United Eircom League Premier Division 2006 23 Jun 06 View Details
Waterford United 1-1 Bray Wanderers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 16 Mar 06 View Details

Drogheda United v Galway United

The Drogs have responded in the finest fashion to their FAI Cup dismissal with two authoritative performances against Derry followed by their majestic defeat of Bray in midweek. Tony Cousins will miss Doolo's bodywarmth for the first time at United Park when he brings his underachieving side to the banks of the Boyne. Galway's three wins have all come on their travels; the last one at St. Pats. The Drogs have the usual interminably long list of casualties - parking permits are required for the walking wounded outside the physio's room. Yes, Chris Armstrong is still a Galway United player. Prices seem right, no bet.

Previous meetings:
Galway Utd 2-3 Drogheda Utd Eircom League Premier Division 2007 23 Mar 07 View Details

Raheny Red
29/06/2007, 1:00 PM
Pats, Harps, Cobh, Dundalk, Drogs all to win and Shels to draw.

Also have shels to win @ 4s

JC_GUFC
02/07/2007, 12:04 PM
Pats, Harps, Cobh, Dundalk, Drogs all to win and Shels to draw.

Also have shels to win @ 4s

Had it not been for the injury time winner in Limerick that would be looking pretty sweet now!

Backed the draw in Limerick myself, as well as 0-0 in Tolka.

Any thoughts on the LC - it's interesting but not surprising to note that nearly every bookie copied PP prices! :cool:

Schumi
02/07/2007, 12:10 PM
Any thoughts on the LC - it's interesting but not surprising to note that nearly every bookie copied PP prices! :cool:
Harps at 5/1 might be worth some money. I think UCD will win but Harps are on good form and 5s looks like good value.

Raheny Red
02/07/2007, 12:19 PM
Harps at 5/1 might be worth some money. I think UCD will win but Harps are on good form and 5s looks like good value.

Agreed, I was looking at Harps myself. They won their last 5 afaik without conceding so I'll have a bit on them me thinks.

Raheny Red
03/07/2007, 6:31 PM
Cobh first half and Derry full time is nice with PP @ 20s