View Full Version : Athlone

Monkfish
28/06/2007, 11:59 AM
Check this out.
http://www.madascootes.com/

Cant say i blame them.

joeSoap
28/06/2007, 12:12 PM
Sad day for Athlone Town FC. Supporters clubs are an integral part of any club, and are key to it's success. I know for a fact that Athlone are paying good money to its players this season, and to say that a player should not be criticised when being well paid to do a job he obviously is not doing, is ludicrous in the extreme.

I have never, in over 30 years of going to League of Ireland football, been at a game where there isn't banter, criticism and general emotion of some form or other. Supporters pay good money travelling to games, and providing their criticisms are about football and not personal then they should always have a place in the game.

A recent chairman of Limerick FC had the world at his feet, with a good squad and big gates a few seasons ago, and destroyed the whole thing, largely due to his attitude towards supporters, players and staff. He is now back selling curry sauce. I hope a similar fate befalls the people involved at Athlone Town FC who have caused this. :ball:

Lim till i die
28/06/2007, 8:35 PM
Fairplay to them

Since when did Athlone become a $hitty, dislikeable little club??

gael353
28/06/2007, 8:36 PM
Check this out.
http://www.madascootes.com/

Cant say i blame them.

Too right that offical should be named and shamed and any athlone supporters wanting to use Limerick 37 SC as a way of attending games then feel free. I will also volenteer my services to shout at any athlone player or that thing....their manager

declan hide
28/06/2007, 9:10 PM
Too right that offical should be named and shamed and any athlone supporters wanting to use Limerick 37 SC as a way of attending games then feel free. I will also volenteer my services to shout at any athlone player or that thing....their manager

here you'll be in the shop selling overpriced crisps and making up mixed penny sweet bags so no-one will hear ya! :D

Lim till i die
28/06/2007, 9:17 PM
here you'll be in the shop selling overpriced crisps and making up mixed penny sweet bags so no-one will hear ya! :D

He has to overcharge, he buys them in Spar ;) :p

Battery Rover
28/06/2007, 9:46 PM
any athlone supporters wanting to use Limerick 37 SC as a way of attending games then feel free

You would try sell sand to Arabs:p;)

All of us as mad as it may seem with the present situation have an tremendous passion for our club and will continue to be "Athlone till we die" .

Something really good will come out of all this I am sure.

Off topic: Looking forward to meeting up with you all again. Cant wait for the cup draw but please dont get Dundalk in Oriel as I couldnt face a trip up there again on a Thursday