PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Nichols and Conor's useless knowledge.

Badweather Fan
12/03/2003, 6:15 PM
whats Harvey Nichols?

Macy
13/03/2003, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
whats Harvey Nichols?
Some over hyped foreign sh!t :cool:

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 9:27 AM
:confused:
Could you develop on that Macy?

Macy
13/03/2003, 10:25 AM
It's a poncey posh shop, to be found in London and Leeds....

Shed End John
13/03/2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
The campest fellow you will ever see works on the ground floor of Harvey Nicks in Leeds..
...gosh, I'm so cultured and well-travelled, aren't I.

Oh, aren't you just? Let's all bow down to Conor and his vast amount of useless knowledge that he'll never need and the rest of us don't particularly care about.:D :p :D :p

Shed End John
18/03/2003, 9:30 AM
Ah, but if you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied... Have you never read "Manwatching" by Desmond Morris?

No, I much preferred The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. Absolutely brilliant. All-time classic.

Shed End John
18/03/2003, 10:00 AM
Catcher in the Rye is good alright. Dunno about classic, but nonetheless entertaining. Of course, like so many other good books, Animal Farm, The Pearl etc. etc. or plays like Death of a Salesman, the Department of Education spoiled any hope of our enjoying them by putting them on the Leaving Cert syllabus...

Hahahahahaha. Good one, I couldn't agree more. Loved Catcher In The Rye so much it took me all of a day and a half to read the whole thing.

Shed End John
18/03/2003, 10:12 AM
A day and a half? Did you read it "as gaeilge" or something...

:D :D

I'll forget that you've just mocked my favourite subject in school and a language I not only speak fluently, but also love. Fact was I just couldn't put Catcher In The Rye down once I started it.

sadloserkid
18/03/2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
I'll forget that you've just mocked my favourite subject in school and a language I not only speak fluently, but also love. Fact was I just couldn't put Catcher In The Rye down once I started it.

Is grá liom Gaelige freisin ach l'aiféala, níl caighdean ar fheabhas agam... :(

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Is grá liom Gaelige freisin ach l'aiféala, níl caighdean ar fheabhas agam... :(

It's not all that bad, either slk. Nice to see something positive coming out of Limerick.:)

patsh
20/03/2003, 1:44 PM
The Catcher in the Rye......the ultimate expression of young male angst....how surprising it should find a lover in SEJ......:D

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
The Catcher in the Rye......the ultimate expression of young male angst....how surprising it should find a lover in SEJ......:D

Tis absolutely nothing to do with what it expresses, I can just appreciate a good read regardless. Well actually it is........NOT!! You have to admit, though, it IS a bloody good book.