PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's on how to get hold of an old TV show?

anto1208
28/06/2007, 11:21 AM
Right what im looking for is an old show that was on RTE about 10 years ago called Couched starring Barry Murphy and Mark Doherthey ( soupy Norman fame ) .

Also there was a american spoof chat show on late at night called Night Stand with Dirk Deitrict ( spelt somethign like that ) .

Neither have been released on DVD or VHS IS there anyway to get hold of shows unless they are released can you just ring up RTE and ask them to send you a copy ??

Dodge
28/06/2007, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't say you'll have much luck looking for Couched. Nightstand wasn't made by a big US studio and wasn't on a network either so its unlikely they'll come out on DVD but that would be your better bet.

Remember both of them fondly

Bluebeard
28/06/2007, 3:17 PM
Is this your Dick (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-KZYY7n6I)?

anto1208
28/06/2007, 3:23 PM
yea thats it also here

http://www.classicvideostreams.com/BCVS/_TV/NIGHTSTAND/NIGHTSTAND_idx.htm

Id still love to get it on DVD dont think its ever been released though

Block G Raptor
28/06/2007, 6:57 PM
www.tv-links.co.uk its got everything i can think of

Bluebeard
29/06/2007, 8:32 AM
Son of the Beach is also a classic show starring the same bloke - was it on The End or something similar that RTE used have on Friday and Saturday night late.

Lionel Ritchie
30/06/2007, 11:53 AM

it doesn't have H.R.Puffinstuff :(

aido_b
03/07/2007, 1:31 PM
Right what im looking for is an old show that was on RTE about 10 years ago called Couched starring Barry Murphy and Mark Doherthey ( soupy Norman fame ) .

Also there was a american spoof chat show on late at night called Night Stand with Dirk Deitrict ( spelt somethign like that ) .

Neither have been released on DVD or VHS IS there anyway to get hold of shows unless they are released can you just ring up RTE and ask them to send you a copy ??

If you just call up the RTE main switchboard and ask for their VT Library ... they should be able to sort you out!

Lionel Ritchie
03/07/2007, 2:15 PM
If you just call up the RTE main switchboard and ask for their VT Library ... they should be able to sort you out!

What does "VT" stand for? I'll go out on a limb and say V is Video...

I'd love to source a couple of RTE's own programmes that were made back in the early 90's. I was in a band and we were on a few of them but I don't have VHS' or anything of them ...Jo-Maxi, Scratch (or was it Scrap?) Saturday, Plastic Orange (I think it was called) and a couple of independent commissioned shows ..Puirini was one ...Scaoil Amach an Bobailinn (sp??) was another ...

anto1208
03/07/2007, 2:51 PM
I wild stab in the dark is the T tape as in video tape library :D

I'd say you have a good chance getting the maxi show but id say they might have copyright issues with the comedy shows . Surely Barry murphy cant be too hard to track down i reckon he ll have them on tape :D

Lionel Ritchie
03/07/2007, 2:54 PM
I wild stab in the dark is the T tape as in video tape library :D

I'd say you have a good chance getting the maxi show but id say they might have copyright issues with the comedy shows . Surely Barry murphy cant be too hard to track down i reckon he ll have them on tape :D

They'd hardly archive their programmes on Video though (...as in VHS) would they ...:eek:

lofty9
03/07/2007, 2:59 PM
it doesn't have H.R.Puffinstuff :(

I have it on a DVD box set. Got it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002WYRR8/interactiveda3103-21

Dodge
03/07/2007, 3:16 PM
They'd hardly archive their programmes on Video though (...as in VHS) would they ...:eek:

It'd be on whatever it was filmed on. AFAIK they charge about €100 for a half hour clip

anto1208
03/07/2007, 4:10 PM

Id say some of it might be on VHS ( prob betamax as it was way better )

sounds strange but i cant imagine them taking out a big reel of film putting it into the machine everytime they re run a show .

Im also looking for soupy Norman if any one has any ideas on how to get that its on at the momnet i tapped the 2nd to 6th episodes but im missing 1 and 7

aido_b
03/07/2007, 9:23 PM
Id say some of it might be on VHS ( prob betamax as it was way better )

sounds strange but i cant imagine them taking out a big reel of film putting it into the machine everytime they re run a show .

Im also looking for soupy Norman if any one has any ideas on how to get that its on at the momnet i tapped the 2nd to 6th episodes but im missing 1 and 7

More often than not it will be in Digi Beta format which will mean that they will have to copy it onto a DVD for you which might cost a wee bit!

Lionel Ritchie
04/07/2007, 10:28 AM
I was able to put in a request for footage here. http://www.rte.ie/laweb//sales/sales_priv.html

Minimum cost will be €65. I'm looking for segments of several different shows though so it might well be worth it.

More as I have it...

Paddyfield
05/07/2007, 10:55 PM

Thanks BGR, that's a damn good site.

anto1208
23/07/2008, 12:54 PM
If anyone is interested i found some couched on youtube it has Barry murphy from apres match and soupy norman and mark Doherty from soupy as well.

Also has early apearences from Tommy tiernan and a few others you will reconise

http://ie.youtube.com/results?search_query=numbersix99&search_type=&aq=f

jebus
25/07/2008, 10:05 AM
For some reason I read through this thread wondering why you would want a DVD of that awful show, only the last post set me straight that you weren't talking about the TV show that I know remember was actually called Coach. :)

If anyone can get their hands on any episodes of Nightstand post them up here, great, great show

CraftyToePoke
27/07/2008, 12:45 AM
anyone remember Nighthawks? ive got vague snippets of memory of it, I think there was a charachter called Moley Gunn in it, trying to get elected to something or other .....

vote for Moley Gunn
he's holy but he's young
well dressed and well hung
he's your only one

.......or something like that.

cheifo
29/07/2008, 1:11 AM
Was interested in getting hold of Reeling In the Years to send to a relative in the States, but RTE can't sell it on DVD because it would be a copyright nightmare.
If anyone knows how I could get recordings of it please PM me.