PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kingsberry

Steve Bruce
28/06/2007, 11:17 AM
How is he doing down their?

He was a fringe player at Linfield, had talent but his final ball was very poor.

sonofstan
28/06/2007, 11:23 AM
Glad you asked - I was on the point of logging into your forum to ask what you lot thought of him. He hasn't impressed at all so far TBH; the nadir was against Waterford on Monday when Connor took him off after 30 mins and replaced him with a not fully fit Fergal Harkin - the roar that greeted Fergal's arrival told its own story.

He's small, but then so is Joxer, but he does seem easily intimidated, and he rarely gets a decent cross in - of all our new signings he's been the least impressive - well apart from Singh, who's been on the treatment table all season - and I don't think anyone would be sorry to see him go.

DecBoh
28/06/2007, 11:29 AM
he couldn't beat an egg!

Has been atrocious IMO, too small by far and he's easily muscled off the ball. I hope it works out for him as we have seen 1 or 2 glimpses of what he's capable of but he has to be improve drastically and show some sort of form or else I think he should be shown the door sooner rather than later.

Steve Bruce
28/06/2007, 11:40 AM
Chris Kingsberry, will show glimpses. I think if he got the right training you could get a good player out of him(although nothing special).

He played for Linfield in our cleansweep season and played quite well until he got injured. Then Mouncey took over and Kingsberry couldn't break back in and when he got a chance, he was very poor. I was quite suprized he signed for one of the better Eircom sides as I thought he would have been better suited for a mid table Irish league side eg Distillery/Ballymena.

It'll take him some time to get used to the full-time setup as he was only part-time at windsor.

SunderlandBohs
28/06/2007, 11:47 AM
There was big news about him when he was at Sunderland. But his height & build was always an issue. If I'm not mistaken, I think he made the first team squad the odd time. Looked out of his depth against Drogheda & not much better against Waterford. Nothing more than a fringe player i think.

Erstwhile Bóz
28/06/2007, 12:11 PM
He shat out of a couple of 50-50 balls on Monday like as if he was Luis García in his first season at Liverpool. Can't get away with that if you're not banging in thirty-yard volleys against Juventus. And Kingsberry most certainly is not.

Kildare Lad
28/06/2007, 1:06 PM
When he played against us pre-season he impressed me.

alltogethernow
28/06/2007, 3:00 PM
Absolute garbage, he has had all the space in the world at times and done nothing with it......Would like to see him left out and then given 1 more chance, he needs a break, his confidence must be all over the shop

BohsPartisan
28/06/2007, 3:02 PM
Lightweight, can't cross, no commitment in the tackle. I hear his girlfriend is fit though, anyone got a pic?

Steve Bruce
28/06/2007, 3:06 PM
Lightweight, can't cross, no commitment in the tackle. I hear his girlfriend is fit though, anyone got a pic?

His girlfriends mother is my boss and she is indeed good lookin, but not amazingly good looking. She's a Linfield supporter and sits in the Kop most weeks.

If you look on the photo gallery on the official Linfield site, you will see pics of her at the Irish Cup final. But she was wearing a Dungannon top, which she was raging about.

BohsPartisan
28/06/2007, 3:15 PM
Who's the blonde with her?

Steve Bruce
28/06/2007, 3:18 PM
Who's the blonde with her?

Miss Northern Ireland AFAIK

BohsPartisan
28/06/2007, 3:19 PM
Miss Northern Ireland AFAIK

DJ is getting up close and personal with her in the post match pics! :D

Steve Bruce
28/06/2007, 3:22 PM
DJ is getting up close and personal with her in the post match pics! :D

Wouldn't you:D

Graemerz
28/06/2007, 3:53 PM
Chris Kingsberry was never good enough for Linfield. His last match for us was against the Glens in the CIS Cup Semi Final and he was diabolical, so if he can't compete in matches against the Glens there is no way he will be able to contend with the teams in the Eircom League.

sligoman
28/06/2007, 4:02 PM
Who's the blonde with her?I can't find her?:( :o

LukeO
28/06/2007, 6:38 PM
Kingsberry is ****ing poison. Awful player, can't even get the basics right.

OhNoYouDidn't
28/06/2007, 8:40 PM
I was quite suprized he signed for one of the better Eircom sides .

he didnt. he signed for the vermin.

BohsPartisan
28/06/2007, 9:31 PM
I can't find her?:( :o

http://gallery.linfieldfc.com/albums/050507pre/c9%7E0.jpg

http://gallery.linfieldfc.com/albums/050507pre/c8%7E0.jpg

http://gallery.linfieldfc.com/albums/050507pre/719_1936.jpg

http://gallery.linfieldfc.com/albums/050507trophy/726_2621.jpg