PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate & Junior Cups

Number9
27/06/2007, 3:34 PM
Any idea when draw for next round of cups will take place?

Magicme
30/06/2007, 7:40 AM
Monaghan United ladies are drawn against Wayside Celtic in next round following their 10-1 defeat of Rosemount Mulvey in first round of Junior Cup.

Magicme
17/07/2007, 3:38 PM
Mons were knocked out of the cup last nite by Wayside Celtic. Match report will be up on the Mons Forum here shortly.

Southside Girl
21/07/2007, 10:25 AM
Thats a complete suprise.. didnt think wayside were up to much this year... they were disappointing last season.... :confused:

Magicme
21/07/2007, 2:09 PM
We were missing a few key players and just couldnt get it together. The girls were shocked themselves. Its a good thing tho, coz I think they were getting complacent and expecting to win all the time.

Southside Girl
22/07/2007, 3:57 PM
that was the dwsl shield yeah?!

Number9
31/07/2007, 9:57 AM
Any results from the weekend?

Number9
02/08/2007, 10:10 AM
Semi Finals -

Intermediate
To be played 12th August with 3pm kickoff

Aisling Annacotty v Cam Celtic
Cobh Ramblers v Kiltimagh/Knock

Juniors
To be played 12th August with 3pm kickoff

Oranbay v Boris St. Kevin
Nenagh v Tribes or Wayside Celtic

Under 18
To be played 5th August with 3pm kickoff

Stella Maris v Wilton
Salthill Devon v Raheny

ramladies
04/08/2007, 11:09 AM
Do da matches hav to b played on da 12th cause Kiltimagh/Knock
trying change date of their against us

cityman
04/08/2007, 6:13 PM
I think matches have to be played on that date or before ( only if BOTH teams agree), but not after. Had a team that wanted to play mine a few years ago 3 days after the date. We agreed because we wanted to play but the WFAI said no and we got a walkover. Best of luck.:ball:

Tribes
04/08/2007, 11:12 PM
It'll be Nenagh v Wayside Celtic as we were knocked out last weekend 2-3 aet. We'll be back next year and best of luck to Oranbay 90 who now fly the Galway Flag in the Junior Cup.

ramladies
05/08/2007, 1:25 AM
I think matches have to be played on that date or before ( only if BOTH teams agree), but not after. Had a team that wanted to play mine a few years ago 3 days after the date. We agreed because we wanted to play but the WFAI said no and we got a walkover. Best of luck.:ball:

Ya they hav two players playing with mayo in austria next weekend so thats y they wanna change it.Shouldnt be allowed tho cause aload of our players cancelled holidays and everything n got work off too play next weekend, would b a disgrace if it was called off because of 2 players

cityman
05/08/2007, 7:20 PM
Teams can get dates for matches changed if they have 2 or more players on International duty, but not playing in another country for a club.(this isn't even for their own club-its for a representative team). The club in question would have to write to the WFAI AND your team requesting a date change with seven days notice I believe.
At the end of the day the tie must be played on or before that date and only if your team agrees.

37Beour
05/08/2007, 9:58 PM
Cobh should hold them to the date, similar incident happened in senior cup last year with Mayo League and Limerick League. Mayo league would not change date when requested by Limerick who had six players away due to a change of date in the Senior Cup by the FAI who moved date.

Just luck of draw and bottom line it is only two players not the team.

Best of Luck Cobh!Hope its an all Munster Final!;):D

ramladies
06/08/2007, 6:19 AM
exactly we stated the other night at a cork league meetin we'd b missin players da followin week, there complainin there missin players its only on another club duty not international, lyk they wanna play da 19th if we were to play da 19th we'd b missin both our midfield players who are a big part of our squad nd our sweeper, its not on we'd hav no problem if they were away on international but there not. hope its an all munster final best of luck to Aisling Annacotty, sure we'll see ye in da munster final anyway. but heres hopin da FAI play it fair on our part n play it da 12th

rasper
07/08/2007, 12:56 AM
knock are flying all players back for cobh match best of luck k&k and as for the comment made about the mayo team playing the limerick team last year mayo had players playing for ireland on the date so why should they play missing players if you want to blame someone blame the wfai who changed the date not mayo, they played when asked to play!!!!!!!!!!

ramladies
09/08/2007, 2:56 PM
match changed to da 18th.

37Beour
09/08/2007, 3:47 PM
Rasper all im saying is cobh were not obliged to change the date of the match.....if you knew an opposing team were down some of their starting eleven on a certain date you would try everything in your power to take advantage of it and get the match played b4 the players returned!!After all there is a place in the all ireland final at stake......its every team for themselves!

Good luck to all teams......there will be some battles in both semi's! ;) :D

Ramladies---What happened with the date change???

ramladies
09/08/2007, 4:35 PM
dont no we were told yesterday it was changed to da 18th n cannot b changed from dat date so its up to kilmaigh/knock to come down dat date cause think they didnt wanna play then either cause there players back da 17th so they'd b tired.joke really to b honest

rasper
11/08/2007, 10:35 AM
Rasper all im saying is cobh were not obliged to change the date of the match.....if you knew an opposing team were down some of their starting eleven on a certain date you would try everything in your power to take advantage of it and get the match played b4 the players returned!!After all there is a place in the all ireland final at stake......its every team for themselves!

Good luck to all teams......there will be some battles in both semi's! ;) :D

Ramladies---What happened with the date change???
i just like to win with all players from both teams playing but rules are rules why was the wilton under 18 match changed was it really because because wilton had no bus to go to dublin????????????????

37Beour
12/08/2007, 9:46 PM
Intermediate cup Semi final Result---

Aisling Annacotty 2 - 0 Cam Celtic

Nenagh won their semi 5-0... in Junior cup!

ramladies
13/08/2007, 3:29 AM
well done to aisling anacotty hopin to see ye in both da all ireland n munster final
[quote=rasper;743834]i just like to win with all players from both teams playing quote]
as i said b4 we said we'd hav players missin this weekend due to holidays but em no dat didnt matter to FAI but sure were from cork wat could we expect.all matters dat knock hav there players back from austria.fair or wat???

ashy
13/08/2007, 8:45 PM
cobh ramblers

best of luck sat guys give it loads...

come on d rebels........... :D :D

rasper
14/08/2007, 9:38 AM
not fair the game should be played on the date that was fixed on and teams must fight for their rights

rasper
19/08/2007, 10:11 PM
k&k into final after beating cobh 2-1.is the final now going to be in cork why??????????????????

ramladies
20/08/2007, 4:09 AM
turners cross was picked cause it was pitch they could get only reason no other so we were told.jesus match today so much we could say bout it, good game tho battlin till da end.

37Beour
20/08/2007, 5:22 PM
Congrats K&K, Unlucky Cobh..

Supposedly it was a toss up between Jackman Park in Limerick and Turner's Cross.....d Cross was chosen because it has 4 changing rooms which will be needed for both Intermediate and Junior Cup finals!

Intermediate KO @ 1pm.
Junior KO @4pm

ramladies
23/08/2007, 2:38 AM
is Intermediate kick off defo at 1 heard somewhere it might b 3... any1 no????

ramladies
26/08/2007, 7:15 PM
unlucky to anacotty who lost 4 nil to k&k in da final....ye battled till da end n never gave up

rasper
26/08/2007, 10:18 PM
well done to both teams served up good football annacotty had no answer to cora staunton.she looked the difference between the two teams and without her knock/k might have not had the four goal win.well done to aisling annacotty manager john who kept his team going til the end and good luck on wednesday in the munster cup with liford,but for knock welcome to the senior cup next year and if mayo teams keep winning they could have five or six teams in the irish cup great work being done over there at womens football level.well done mayo management committee for giving the last two months off to knock/k from league matchs and helping them win another national cup good luck to their league team next week in the 1/4 final.

ramladies
27/08/2007, 12:04 AM
have to say dat ur right on the point about cora, she defo was da difference today. felt had k&k not had her would have been quite a tight game between the 2.

37Beour
27/08/2007, 4:25 PM
Thanks lads for the good words regarding Annacotty...all the girls dejected today wanted to do it so badly for John-John!

But ya Cora was definitely the difference, a 4 goal difference.She is very powerful and strong, can't manmark her, can't catch her to tackle her properly and unluckily for us she had a good rest b4 the final!Nearly resorted to jumping on her back but somehow i think she would of kept goin!!! If they didn't have her i think it would of bein a different game but fair dues to K&K the better team on the day, Annacotty just hope they didn't embarass themselves and will see ye in the SeniorCup!!!

And Cobh..we will see ye in the Munster final!!!Soon hopefully! ;)

Well done to Nenagh as well in Junior Cup, won 3-1!!!!!

*Whats that coming over the hill?....its Cora Staunton...Cora Staunton!!!!!!!*

ramladies
27/08/2007, 5:34 PM
And Cobh..we will see ye in the Munster final!!!Soon hopefully! ;)

Any idea wen it is actually we where told both clubs had to agree on date

37Beour
27/08/2007, 8:13 PM
The munster final is up to the munster branch when to be played. But there are alot of teams in Limerick and in Cork pushing for this competition to be reopened to all the teams that were knocked out of it. Supposedly there was a meeting regarding this issue in Turner's Cross yesterday. We need both clubs to work together to fight for our right to have the final this year as we have both earned the right to be in it. It does not make since to change the format of the competition when the two teams are already in the final.

We have heard this from a very reliable source in Limerick.Scandalous.

ramladies
27/08/2007, 10:32 PM
as i heard we were told by someone on da cork committee dat we agree to date n then get onto them but its a joke really we both deserve to b there so y not let us play the final, if they want to change the rules then change them from the start of next yr.i personally think someone from our committee should get in touch wit someone from yer club n fight together to get this match played soon

Number9
04/09/2007, 5:53 PM
[quote=rasper;743834]i just like to win with all players from both teams playing quote]
as i said b4 we said we'd hav players missin this weekend due to holidays but em no dat didnt matter to FAI but sure were from cork wat could we expect.all matters dat knock hav there players back from austria.fair or wat???

Just catching up on some old postings - ramladies, I think that perhaps these players weren't in Austria on the day you were meant to play against them. Were they not playing FOOTBALL on Saturday 11th August. Was the game not televised? It's past history now but looks like somebody in Mayo managed to pull the wool over the FAI/WFAI officials eyes or else like you said the FAI/WFAI realised that you're only from Cork so what the hell......maybe rasper can tell us how/why Cobh had to play on a different date...

Number9
04/09/2007, 6:07 PM
as i heard we were told by someone on da cork committee dat we agree to date n then get onto them but its a joke really we both deserve to b there so y not let us play the final, if they want to change the rules then change them from the start of next yr.i personally think someone from our committee should get in touch wit someone from yer club n fight together to get this match played soon

I think that the Inter Munster Cup is to be played in Buttevant between Aisling Annacotty and Cobh Ramblers so looks like the hecklers will have to stand down.

rasper
04/09/2007, 7:54 PM

Just catching up on some old postings - ramladies, I think that perhaps these players weren't in Austria on the day you were meant to play against them. Were they not playing FOOTBALL on Saturday 11th August. Was the game not televised? It's past history now but looks like somebody in Mayo managed to pull the wool over the FAI/WFAI officials eyes or else like you said the FAI/WFAI realised that you're only from Cork so what the hell......maybe rasper can tell us how/why Cobh had to play on a different date...

that very funny "pulling the wool over ramladies" but i have no answer i did say at the time that teams should stand up for their rights and that knock were flying home the players that weekend and you seen them on the telly that weekend so not lying. cork do have the main man that fixes these matchs with times and dates.games should be played on days that they are fixed for.

pool 7
05/09/2007, 10:37 AM
If any of the knock/kilimagh inter cup clashed with the gaa,i heard they wouldnt have got passed the first round.Team made up of MAYO/SLIGO GAA PLAYERS.Funny how they didnt!!!!!! Were not cute enought in the south.

ramladies
06/09/2007, 7:02 PM
If any of the knock/kilimagh inter cup clashed with the gaa,i heard they wouldnt have got passed the first round.Team made up of MAYO/SLIGO GAA PLAYERS.Funny how they didnt!!!!!! Were not cute enought in the south.
defo n had they not cora stanton felt she was a big difference between teams

Number9
07/09/2007, 10:34 AM
Funny old final wasn't it. Normally the curtain raiser is the "lower" grade match. Strange how the Intermediate Final was the curtain raiser for the Junior Final.

rasper
07/09/2007, 12:56 PM
Funny old final wasn't it. Normally the curtain raiser is the "lower" grade match. Strange how the Intermediate Final was the curtain raiser for the Junior Final.

the mayo players needed to be back in knock for 7.30 mass that sunday evening ............

ramladies
10/09/2007, 9:52 PM
37beour ye hear anythin bout a exact date for da munster final we were told last week of sept maybe first one of oct but jus wonderin if ye heard any diff

37Beour
10/09/2007, 11:47 PM
Ramladies,

Final to be played in Buttevant date to be agreed.Our club have asked about dates but have recieved no info.We have fxture commitments until Sunday 23rd and need to get a date. 30th of Sept and 7th October are available dates at the moment. Send me on a pm with club contact number and we will try sort a date!

pool 7
14/09/2007, 3:35 PM
Heard Knock/kilitmagh (inter winners)cannot field a team in there local league.Whats gone wrong!!!

Trish moggs
02/10/2007, 1:20 PM
Hi Guys, trish here from Nenagh i play and co manage the Nenagh senior team im also the secretary of Tipp league, Was interested to read all your comments on the national 7 Munster cups, and wanted ye to know we had no input or influence into time date or venues of either, this musnter final does really not suit us as our season is finished so short players, also bit peeved as to what happened all the other teams that were from munster in run up to national cup why didnt they get a shot a munster cup such as murroe great team from limerick..I suppose we just have to obey the rules, its a shame both games are on same time in buttevant as we have played both aislinn and cobh ramblers and both great footballing teams so would have liked to see the game ah well as i said we dont make the rules, anybody any info on Passage AFc for me I know some of their players as they were on cork senior team that the tipp team took on earlier in the yr, i also got the job of looking after that team, as u can see i eat sleep soccer, anyway great website keep up the good work

ramladies
02/10/2007, 4:46 PM
anybody any info on Passage AFc for me
Passage were promoted to the premier division in the cork league this yr.It went down to the last game of the season as there was only lyk a point between them and riverstown...cant wait till next season to play them as its a bit of a derby between ourselves and Passage..Great to see them back in the premier