PDA

View Full Version : Clive again

pineapple stu
12/03/2003, 7:38 PM
West Ham drew 1-1 with Watford yesterday, with Clive again playing 90 minutes alongside Gary Breen. However, Watford's only shot on goal was a Domenic Foley (remember him?) free-kick "needlessly" given away by Clive. In the last couple of minutes, he was elbowed in the face and a Watford player was sent off.

He appears to be doing very well in general, though, and I reckon there's a good chance of him getting a longer deal.

UCD_4_Life
12/03/2003, 7:43 PM
If West Ham go down then they'll give him at least another year.

I'd expect them to offload Repka and Breen if they do because they're high earners.

pineapple stu
14/03/2003, 1:49 PM
Was talking to a guy in lectures there yesterday who works in PWC - apparently Clive has been given a Mercedes by West Ham (an old one, mind!), and is currently staying in one of the West Ham corporates boxes, which is the West Ham hotel during the week!

Nice!:)

John83
19/03/2003, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
If West Ham go down then they'll give him at least another year.

I'd expect them to offload Repka and Breen if they do because they're high earners.

Breen's only on a 1 year contract anyway - he'll try to get another club in the summer. Can't see another Premiership club wanting him now, but I doubt he'll want to stay at West Ham. Dunno what Repka's earning.

Aberdonian Stu
20/03/2003, 1:51 PM
According to one of the inter/occasional reserves he's on two grand a week. I'm not sure if that's euros or pounds but either way it's pretty good for a short term contract.

John83
03/04/2003, 6:24 PM
Clive Delaney could be set to make his Premiership debut with West Ham United before May.

However, that may only happen if the Hammers have secured their position in the top flight by that stage. Manager Glenn Roeder didn’t include Delaney in his squad for the 2-0 home win over Sunderland, despite taking him to Goodison Park the previous week for the draw with Everton.

"There are a lot of edges to come off him, but he’s a terrific man to work with," Roeder said of Delaney.

"He has got natural qualities - heading ability, strong in the tackle and relatively comfortable on the ball for someone who is 6’5".

"He is still learning as far as this level is concerned and it is a question of how quickly he can pick it all up."

Deleney had been courted by Bolton, Kilmarnock and Bohemians, but opted for a four-month deal at Upton Park in February.

"I chose West Ham because it was the biggest club, it was fairly straight-forward," revealed Delaney, who has featured in the reserves three times.

"I was impressed with how things are run and I saw myself fitting in. I just want to take the opportunity I’ve been given. I can only improve as a player after a bit of full-time training and reserve games at West Ham.

"The end of the season is only two months away and I imagine I will be a better player after those two months. If Kilmarnock are seriously interested they will still be there in two months time - if things don’t work out here.

"There is a gulf in class, but in time I aim to adjust and raise my game up a level."

@ndy
07/04/2003, 4:25 PM
Statto was sayin that Clive was on the bench (in his words...apparantly) for a recent first team game.

John83
07/04/2003, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Statto was sayin that Clive was on the bench (in his words...apparantly) for a recent first team game.

West Ham bench for recent games:

Southampton
17. van der Gouw, Raimond
4. Hutchison, Don
7. Dailly, Christian
14. Kanoute, Frederic
25. Cisse, Edouard

Sunderland
4. Hutchison, Don
7. Dailly, Christian
14. Kanoute, Frederic
25. Cisse, Edouard

Everton
7. Dailly, Christian
15. Breen, Gary
16. Moncur, John
25. Cisse, Edouard

Spurs
4. Hutchison, Don
15. Breen, Gary
16. Moncur, John
25. Cisse, Edouard

Could even Clive be confusing himself with Gary Breen? :p

He might have made one of the aquads to the away games, as a back-up in case one of the defenders in the first 16 got injured or something. That or he's gone delusional.

pineapple stu
07/04/2003, 7:04 PM
Methinks we have a new Statto...

Schumi
08/04/2003, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Methinks we have a new Statto... Taking over from yourself is he?

@ndy
09/04/2003, 3:44 PM
Perhaps thats another great idea for the programme/fanzine...a quiz off between Kevin and Declan Hughes...or perhaps a quiz off between Kevin and John...with the winner playing the victor of Declan Vs Julian Canny. We shall name the winner the all time statto supreme and hand him a dressing gown and slippers from Boutique Dunnés....

fosterdollar
10/04/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by John83
Breen's only on a 1 year contract anyway - he'll try to get another club in the summer. Can't see another Premiership club wanting him now, but I doubt he'll want to stay at West Ham. Dunno what Repka's earning.

Gary Breen for Sunderland!

@ndy
10/04/2003, 11:43 AM
LOL ;)

fosterdollar
10/04/2003, 12:25 PM
Funny cos its true...

John83
16/04/2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by @ndy
Perhaps thats another great idea for the programme/fanzine...a quiz off between Kevin and Declan Hughes...or perhaps a quiz off between Kevin and John...with the winner playing the victor of Declan Vs Julian Canny. We shall name the winner the all time statto supreme and hand him a dressing gown and slippers from Boutique Dunnés....

Aaaaah! :eek: No, please, anything but that. :D

@ndy
16/04/2003, 10:39 AM
Why not? At least he'd be hidden from us in the nationwide next season.

Magoo...i reckon u shud put a tenner on it :)