PDA

View Full Version : A Win

passinginterest
27/06/2007, 8:37 AM
Kilkenny 0 Wexford 1

A penalty from Conor Sinnott in what was, reportedly a fiercely contested game. Kilkenny had a man sent off early on with a Wexford player following in th second half. Penalty decision also controversial.
A nice improvement in the league position. Let's hope we can push on from here.

Sunny Jim
28/06/2007, 12:17 PM
It was a good game played at a good pace. Kilkenny are poor, really poor, and I don't know how we lost at home to them. Anyway this was the best performance I've seen from Wexford for a long time. We could have had 3 or 4 goals easily. Patsy Malone's goal looked fine; I don't know why it was disallowed. We absolutely battered Kilkenny for most of the second half, hitting the bar near the end. The atmosphere was great in the Wexford fans' end as well, I think we outnumbered the Kilkenny fans, who were incredibly quiet for the whole game.

dublin_owl
28/06/2007, 12:37 PM
Lets hope for a similar result on Sunday in Croker. :)

Although 1 nil would be a remarkably low hurling score! :rolleyes:

passinginterest
28/06/2007, 12:54 PM
Now to beat Dundalk Saturday evening, Laois in the Gaelic and Kilkenny in the hurling.

And Miss Afterdark to win Miss Ireland on Saturday and make me a few quid. I'll be missing the sporting events because I'll be at Miss Ireland. It's a tough job but someones got to do it :) Miss Afterdark is the girlfriends best mate.

Footsoldier
29/06/2007, 8:10 AM
I thought the hurling and the football were on Sunday afternoon. Not Saturday night! They must be using the floodlights in Croker then

passinginterest
29/06/2007, 8:45 AM
I thought the hurling and the football were on Sunday afternoon. Not Saturday night! They must be using the floodlights in Croker then

They're on Sunday alright. I reckon the Laois will be beaten. I like the look of the footballers, they were class in the first half against Louth and Laois are very average this year. God help the hurlers, but, Kilkenny don't look as good this year so might get within 6 points of them.

I fancy a 1-1 against Dundalk for the Youths to start them on a bit of a roll. Then a 2-1 win away to Shels.:ball:

Sunny Jim
29/06/2007, 9:51 AM
As good as we were against Kilkenny, Dundalk are a different proposition altogether. I think we'll lose 2-0.