PDA

View Full Version : Can't Transferr

boynesider
12/03/2003, 10:03 AM
Despite the prolific tramsferrs going on as seen in the last thread
Drogheda United have been prevented by the FAI from making any transferrs . Yet again, the FAI know how to stymie a progressive club and give the rest of the league a mile start !

Macy
12/03/2003, 10:08 AM
Could it be that you're not totally out of the woods yet? I wouldn't put it past being the FAI, but the rumour went that you hadn't been tax compliant for up to 7 years... To get a tax clearance cert I'd suspect the revenue would need to do a full investigation first and be satisfied that all taxes are paid and in order... Not saying they are not paid at this stage, just highlighting a possible reason for the delay...

Then you can jump feet first back into the market to pay Scully's massive wages, and so the cycle begins again :rolleyes:

patsh
12/03/2003, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by boynesider
Yet again, the FAI know how to stymie a progressive club and give the rest of the league a mile start !
Thats one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board.....:D

boynesider
12/03/2003, 1:51 PM
but it was not near as funny as the 3 points we took off you last
season.:D :D :D
We just can't wait ! anyone worthwhile available at Longford or Cork ? Provided that is the FAI allow us to replace the 5 players
we had to let go :confused:

pete
12/03/2003, 3:45 PM
Yet again, the FAI know how to stymie a progressive club and give the rest of the league a mile start !

:rolleyes:

Drogs tried to (as the saying goes) run before they could walk & now it hasn't worked out.

I'd say youse are lucky to not be demoted by the league for what can only be described as one of the bigger financial irregularity issues to arise in some time.

patsh
12/03/2003, 5:54 PM
but it was not near as funny as the 3 points we took off you last
season.:confused:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did not Cork and Drogs get 4 points each from the matches between them?

Macy
13/03/2003, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did not Cork and Drogs get 4 points each from the matches between them?
Not like they got 7 out of 9 points - that would be something to take the p!ss out of youse for :)

patsh
13/03/2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Not like they got 7 out of 9 points - that would be something to take the p!ss out of youse for :)
Yeah, Longfords big achievement last season!
Mid-table mediocrity, Macy, mid-table mediocrity.....:D

Macy
13/03/2003, 11:40 AM
Well sure youse would know, being in the same situation yourselves.... :D

Pablo
13/03/2003, 1:13 PM
who'll do better this year Macy? in you opinion like

boynesider
13/03/2003, 1:59 PM
That when a club finds itself in financil difficulties that the FAI
help the club through it's problems or should they act as jugde and juror and punish that club ?
What's your thoughts ?:confused:
The reason I ask is that I don't know of any club on this island that is profitable or is this just a myth ? are they all at risk of not being able to pay players on time ? at occasion during the season will this mean they will be punished by ther FAI ! Will they be stopped in conducting their business in signing players.:(

Macy
13/03/2003, 2:12 PM
How many try to go full time and then get into the financial mire? Like it or not Drogs spent way beyond their means, trying to do too much too quickly... There is only one set of people that can take the blame for that, and that is your (former) board - don't get on your high horse blaming everyone bar yourselves.... Besides, it's not like the FAI haven't bailed youse out before, and they were hardly the most demanding of creditors so it seems...

Schumi
13/03/2003, 2:12 PM
That when a club finds itself in financil difficulties that the FAI
help the club through its problems Like not taking rent off them for years for rental of their ground?

Macy
13/03/2003, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
who'll do better this year Macy? in you opinion like
Youse, no doubt, but we weren't talking about the coming season.... Mid table in a ten team league is 4th-6th, so we were both midtable teams last year, whatever your pretensions :p

patsh
13/03/2003, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Youse, no doubt, but we weren't talking about the coming season.... Mid table in a ten team league is 4th-6th, so we were both midtable teams last year, whatever your pretensions :p
Actually, I was talking about the coming season....
mathematically, the middle of ten is between 5 and 6, so 4th cannot be described as "mid"..;)
Howsever, Longfords biggest boast is that they took more points from us then we from them.
Not a lot to say for a season?....
Anyway, we will be competing for the title in the coming season, ye are just trying to avoid the playoffs.....so enjoy ye're little triumphs !!:D :D

Macy
13/03/2003, 3:57 PM
Actually individual results matter little to me, final position is all that matters - and I'd hope for top half again.... I'd still reckon that not qualifying for europe (whatever about the back door fair play boll0x that you may get) makes you season mid-table... Infairness youse should do far better than us - bigger crowds, bigger city, bigger manager.....

BobtheDrog
28/03/2003, 10:03 PM
funny thing about this whole drogheda financial irregularities thing is that as i recall a certain other club had financial problems a number of years ago and were bailed out by the FAI something that has not been done since now theres an irregularity. and if we do get to sign some new players soon i do hope a certain ex leeds player who is being linked to the club will score a few against cork
:cool:

Badweather Fan
28/03/2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by BobtheDrog
i do hope a certain ex leeds player who is being linked to the club will score a few against cork
:cool:
Who's that?