PDA

View Full Version : Ireland.com poll

Macy
24/07/2001, 11:52 AM
The poll today is 'should the bohs match be televised' which we all know it should - so get voting and get commenting......

pete
24/07/2001, 12:46 PM
Whenever you think of moaning about any of those Ireland.com polls in further just mail them & let them know.

I mailed them yesterday suggesting a poll on RTE televising the RTE game.

Response:
Thanks for your mail and suggestion. As far as I'm aware, TV3 have not yet decided whether they will show them game live or not - they are currently in negotiations with Bohs so you may yet get what you want.
Cheers,
Paul Doyle

They obviously changed the wording of my suggested poll to save themselves a copyright dispute ;) :D

I get the impression they are stuck for a poll most mornings & will go with suggestions if can't think of anything else...

BTW vote early 'n often ;)

Leonard
24/07/2001, 4:18 PM
The *******s cut me out again. My suggestion was one of the more intelligent aired, as it was based on pure fact.
The story relates to a City European game a few seasons ago (can't remember who it was against, maybe Lausanne). Noel Mooney was told by a well known TV personality what he thought of the news that the game would be broadcast on Eurosport, to which he replied "That would be worth a few blowjobs to me!" Ergo, my argument was that were TV3 to show the Bohs game on the tele, all the Bohs players would be on for, if not a few shags each, a blowjob or two, and would therefore be too tired for the start of the League programme, leaving City clear to take a 15 point lead by Christmas.
Admittedly, I put it a bit more graphic, and cut & pasted a few lines of dialogue from some of my "special" films that I does like watching, but still, I thought it was a good point, and well put, yet ireland.com didn't allow it.
Gutted isn't the word.