PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff game

Stevo
24/07/2001, 10:49 AM
anyone got any information for us longford people living in dublin and can't get to the mid-week matches like the cardiff game last night

what was the town's line-up ??

how did they play especially lavine ??

were cardiff any good ??

see yee all for the brighton game on sat night...sober !!!

Ash
24/07/2001, 12:36 PM
Didnt hear much apart from ye lost 4-1, Prior scored an og

Kavanagh was supposed to be playing aswell.

We drew 0-0 with them on Saturday but the team they had out wasnt hectic. Had a tall striker on 3k a week who couldnt hit a bulls @rse with a banjo

Kevin Nugent wasnt allowed travel over with the squad due to injury (I think). Bit rough seeing as he has relations in De Town and De Udder Town :)

Anyone know if Eric Molloy got a game?

pete
24/07/2001, 5:51 PM
Cardiff game report (http://www.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=927&p=2&stid=8151010)

sorbothegreek
24/07/2001, 10:24 PM
The town started fairly well and held their own for the first 15-20 mins, but as it went on the game was played more and more in the longford half. I dont know if it was fitness or just professionalism but they seemed to need less time on the ball to be able to create moves.
The town tried hard to play their game of spreading it to the wings but weren't having a lot of success, aginst in fairness a back four containing two former Premiership players.
The goals weren't a shock when they came and their could have been more.
The big plus for the town was the performance of Alan Kirby, regularly he took on his man and beat him and was unlucky not to score at some point in the second half. Others who done O.K, Prunty, O'Connor and straingly enough Holt.
Lavine ran non stop all night, which said to me he was on more of a get-fit mission than anything else. But he wasn't afraid to put his foot in and battle, which bodes well.
Final statement which i heard a town fan say which said a lot, "I hope Kenny takes Kirby off soon, before these boys deside to bring him with them"