PDA

View Full Version : Drug Testing

feo123
23/06/2007, 11:26 PM
Random drugs tests today in the showgrounds.
any other clubs get them?

DmanDmythDledge
23/06/2007, 11:28 PM
They were at the UCD-Pats game a while back.

Bald Student
23/06/2007, 11:29 PM
They were at the UCD-Pats game a while back.He asked about random drug tests.

SligoBrewer
23/06/2007, 11:37 PM
He asked about random drug tests.

potm!:D

Mr A
23/06/2007, 11:41 PM
Already nominated it :)

SligoBrewer
23/06/2007, 11:43 PM
cheers!:)

holidaysong
25/06/2007, 2:19 PM
He asked about random drug tests.

:D:D:D

pete
25/06/2007, 5:55 PM
Random drugs tests today in the showgrounds.
any other clubs get them?

What were the results? Good quality?

The Rebel Ram
28/06/2007, 1:08 AM
I heard they had possitive Dope tests from Limerick!!!!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

fbtn
28/06/2007, 8:44 AM
Question for you all. What do you think of the drug testing laws in football?

Do you think it is fair to equate someone with traces of recreational drug use and performance enhancing drug use? There is obviously a huge difference between the effects and benefits of them.

Barry Ryan got (in my opinion) a massive ban for smoking a few spliffs. Was it really warranted?

Bald Student
28/06/2007, 3:49 PM
Barry Ryan got (in my opinion) a massive ban for smoking a few spliffs. Was it really warranted?IT wasn't for smoking spliffs, think Hill 16.

John83
28/06/2007, 7:31 PM
Do you think it is fair to equate someone with traces of recreational drug use and performance enhancing drug use? There is obviously a huge difference between the effects and benefits of them.
The only real reason to ban performance enhancers is if they're a health risk (which, by and large, they are). With recreational drugs, there's that, and the fact that they're illegal outside of the world of sport, and (for high profile cases) the think of the children factor.

That doesn't answer the question - is it fair to equate them? Not really. Anyone know if there's a list of drugs v typical ban for an athlete? Or is it too variable?

kdjaC
28/06/2007, 7:52 PM
Question for you all. What do you think of the drug testing laws in football?

Barry Ryan got (in my opinion) a massive ban for smoking a few spliffs. Was it really warranted?

Yes and No , yes the ban should still be in place for recreational (12 months) but No performance drugs should carry a longer ban (24 months).

My son wants to be a keeper like Ryan, thankfully only 5 but had he wanted to when he got banned eh wtf do you say to a kid when his "hero" is missing for 6 months.

kdjac

Dr.Nightdub
29/06/2007, 1:08 PM
wtf do you say to a kid when his "hero" is missing for 6 months.

"Pass the Rizla son"?