PDA

View Full Version : Prediction league 2003

sadloserkid
11/03/2003, 4:43 PM
Will it be running again? And if so can I take part?

Badweather Fan
11/03/2003, 8:15 PM
Ditto everything he just said there.
Think someone else is running it this year.

Neil
11/03/2003, 8:17 PM
Count me in.

Badweather Fan
11/03/2003, 8:20 PM
There was already a thread asking these questions and it was ignored so i'll post it in the Support & FAQ section.

joe
11/03/2003, 8:51 PM
i dunno if Ramblersweb is willing to do it again, but if he's not i might give it a go.

Badweather Fan
11/03/2003, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by joe
but if he's not i might give it a go.
I might love ya.

Schumi
13/03/2003, 4:11 PM
I'd have no problem with running it, doesn't seem like too much work.

Pauro 76
13/03/2003, 4:16 PM
What? So you can fix it to regain your title? ;)

Schumi
13/03/2003, 4:22 PM
The word is retain, I haven't lost it yet. :p I don't think I'd need to fix it though after the pathetic level of competition I got :D

Now that I've thoroughly jinxed myself, I won't have a chance of winning so it won't matter.

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 11:51 PM
You might wanna climb down off your high horse there ya flash b@st@rd.:D

RamblersWeb
23/03/2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
I'd have no problem with running it, doesn't seem like too much work.

hehehe yeah well if u think so lol

soz i aint been online much lately to answer this...

it's a good 1.5 to 2 hours a week schumi!!!

Anyone know how to automate the process, eg like the fantasy world cup competition i remember a lot of us took part in last summer? cos that would make life so much easier!!!

i don't mind doing it again, but it's uegene's baby and i'll have to check to see what his plans are.... i was just stepping in for a bit - eugene ran it for the previous six or seven seasons

if i do, the scoring system will be tweaked slightly to make things fairer

i'll try to get in touch with Eugene and get back to ye all soon

glen

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 9:15 AM
Who's Eugene?

Schumi
03/04/2003, 1:25 PM
The season starts in 8 days, what's the story with this?

If no one else wants to do it, I will. I could do with a little time to write the code to do it though (although it should be simple enough).

TommyT
06/04/2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Who's Eugene?

The guy who used to run the predictions league when it was on a seperate site. Surprised to hear the process isn't automated, **** me lads that is a lot of work fair play.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~ecmontag/predictions/

Colm
06/04/2003, 12:14 PM
So, who wants to take this on? If it's going to be done it might aswell be up and running from Match day 1 of the season.

Leixlip Saint
06/04/2003, 6:28 PM
I'm working on the code at the moment, gonna splash out on web hosting soon so could post it up then, fully automated. Does seem like a lot of manual work but i'll take it on if no one else wants it, replies ASAP to brianmcn@clubi.ie

WONT be up and running by day 1 on the web though.

Want to get code spiffing so it might not be up and running til halfway through season

Much respect to Eugene for the work he put in through last few years

Schumi
07/04/2003, 1:17 PM
A web based automatic one would be cool but if it won't be ready for the start of the season, we probably should start it off like last year and add it to thaat when it's ready?!

joe
07/04/2003, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by Leixlip Saint
I'm working on the code at the moment, gonna splash out on web hosting soon so could post it up then, fully automated.

i'm sure foot.ie could host it for free when it's ready to go

yan
07/04/2003, 5:09 PM
whats the story so lads,who is doing for the season,might aswell sort it asap

Colm
07/04/2003, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
we probably should start it off like last year and add it to thaat when it's ready?! Yeah definately, twas a good bit of fun last year.

It didn't get up and running until about the 3rd or 4th week last year so if someone was willing to do it it would be nice to get it going for the first game, although it may be too late for that now.

Schumi
08/04/2003, 4:57 PM
Right lads, I'll do it so.