PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...

deise deserter
11/03/2003, 3:06 PM
I heard a rumour about Weldric wanting to leave for the same type of prob with O'Connor....

lims fan
12/03/2003, 3:22 AM
Yet another quality player who can't get along with the scumbag butcher. Timer to **** off you knacker back behind that smalltime counter in William street, you are a ****ing ape. You are killing the game in this town. You are loathed by the fans and players. Michael O'Sullivan should have the guts to get rid of you. How dare you squander 3,500 euro a week on deformed and overweight bum boys. Get out of this club and make way for the sleeping giant to awake. You are loathed O'Connor.

sadloserkid
12/03/2003, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by deise deserter
I heard a rumour about Weldric wanting to leave for the same type of prob with O'Connor....

Nope, Welderick has apparently seen the light and will be staying. My only worry is that his versatility will count against him and he'll end up rotting on the bench.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lims fan
Yet another quality player who can't get along with the scumbag butcher.

Sure you never rated Welderick in the first place did ya? :D

Nempton
12/03/2003, 5:12 PM
I think Welderick will feature in the first team in midfield especially since Hughes is gone. We might be more competitive in midfield this season with the combination of Oran and Molan in the centre especially as John Whyte has lost the spring in his legs but he is still important to the club. what do you think SLK and I'm still working on the perfect formation for Limerick to play you will love it :D

LFC in Exile
13/03/2003, 8:23 AM
Lims Fan thinks Weldrick is a quality player now after berating him all season. Never let consistency or credibility get in the way of slagging O'Connor.

Great news that Oran is staying. He should be the first name down for centre midfield - in the first division a big heart goes a long way and we are better we have a lad willing to make the hard tackles in the middle.

This is good news. If there is animosity between O'Connor and Weldrick then Oran is an even bigger man for staying with the club.

deise deserter
13/03/2003, 4:16 PM
Lims Fan - you're evil!!!

Hee hee hee! (Only joking - or else slk will lock the post!)

Lims: Have you some sort of personal vendetta against O'Connor that goes beyond soccer? I mean, despite the striking inconcistency in your rants in regards players, you drop to the level of rampant homophobic comments! Grow up and talk about soccer in the forums - if you want to make personal comments about people just fu$k off somewhere else where we don't have to listen to it.

sadloserkid
13/03/2003, 4:25 PM
It's simple really, so simple that even a Queenstown fan should be able to follow it. Use the football forums to talk football. If you wanna talk about anything else (including but not limited to the various merits of homosexuality and the concept of evil) that's what the off-topic section is for.

sadloserkid
13/03/2003, 4:26 PM
if you want to make personal comments about people just fu$k off somewhere else where we don't have to listen to it.

It is possible Deise to modify your settings so that posts by people who annoy you don't appear... maybe yourself and LFC In Exile might wanna get back to me about that! ;)

deise deserter
13/03/2003, 4:31 PM
How about it Decky? Are you on for a hate campaign?:D

LFC in Exile
14/03/2003, 9:09 AM
I wouldn't want to block out the posts of people who annoy me because

1. It's good to play 'spot the inconsistency'

2. I don't think anyone should be allowed get away with posting bilious abuse without being challenged.

3. I think eventually the agenda at play might emerge.

4. I am still trying to reconcile the posts with the apparently sane man I met at the Jacks.

One thing I would suggest SLK is caution on your part. It is good that the abuse is no longer on the eL message board but as moderator you should watch that the posts don't get too bad and you get grief then some of those abused.

sadloserkid
14/03/2003, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
One thing I would suggest SLK is caution on your part. It is good that the abuse is no longer on the eL message board but as moderator you should watch that the posts don't get too bad and you get grief then some of those abused.

That's why I locked the post in question. I don't have the power to delete it so I've done as much as I can. I did ask about deleting but the supermods haven't really gotten back to me. If anybody feels strongly about any post in particular please send a PM to both myself and a guy called Vetinari.

BlueisBeautiful
14/03/2003, 11:49 AM
... alarming! lets erase something we dont want to hear!!!

sadloserkid
14/03/2003, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by BlueisBeautiful
... alarming! lets erase something we dont want to hear!!!

If somebody posts something with totally pointless buzzwords like 'evil' and 'bum boys' then you can't expect everybody else to quietly ignore it. Noel O'Connor is not evil, that's a ridiculous comment to make. There's no evidence that any of our players are bum boys but even if the whole squad is what the hell is the problem with that? Homophobia is pretty ignorant, would you agree?

BlueisBeautiful
14/03/2003, 1:56 PM
I see humour in these remarks, chiefly because i understand the writer. Come on do you really think that Limsfan actually believes O'Connor is evil? It is his way of conveying his disbelief towards recent events at the club. Being P.C is one thing but to try and condemn or censor any form of "controversial comment" then you might as well start up the bonfire and start burning books!

sadloserkid
14/03/2003, 2:11 PM
I see your point and agree to a point (no pun intended) but I think (and judging from the complaints I've received) that not everybody sees the post in question as humorous. Why use a word like evil? Surely 'Noel O'Connor is a joke' or Noel O'Connor is incompetent' would work just as well. And the 'bum boys' stuff is well out of order, I hate the thought of censoring anything but you must agree that's a bit petty?

LFC in Exile
14/03/2003, 2:57 PM
As someone who has criticised Lims Fan let me put my point of view. The stuff isn't particularly funny.

I am not at all suggesting (nor have I ever suggested) that Lims Fan should be censored or prevented from expressing his views. But I think with the freedom of this comes a bit of responsibility. Nobody should be allowed just to hurl personal abuse at someone becuas ethey don't like them or don't rate them. Lims Fan has at various times referred to the manager, players and committee members at various times as scum bags, cancers, bum boys, cheats, evil and a host of other unfunny terms. How can anyone accept describing Noel O'Connor, any of the players or the committe as scum. It is completely out of order. If he said those things about me I would not accept it and think it was funny. I am sure if he was called called a scum bag or evil or a cancer where he worked or by someone on this board he would object and rightly so.

I have had problems with the club and management. I have had disagreements with other fans here and at matches - and at no stage did anyone resort to personal abuse. He should not be censored but he should be challenged every time he does it and the point made that he does not speak for all fans (not that he claims to).

His rants I believe are actually detrimental to the fans, the club and his own arguments. A lot of grief is directed at the committee for not meeting teh fans or communicating with them. If you were a committee member and read some of the comments he has made, would you be rushing out to consult with him? If he thinks they are eveil and scum bags then why should they bother with him, and in turn this makes them anxious about dealing with fans. This is something I can easily understand.

deise deserter
14/03/2003, 4:05 PM
LFC in Exile - you have hit the nail right on the head. At Lims Fans age he should have some bit of responsibility to go along with his rants.

Blue is Beautiful - I know the guy is your friend but could you please stop talking cr@p. Nothing he posted was censored in any shape or form. The only one advocating censorship in this thread is you by getting your back up and wanting us to keep our mouths shut so as not to hurt your friend's feelings. Seems you're not the long haired student radical you appear to be then...

BlueisBeautiful
14/03/2003, 8:40 PM
.... fair enough, excellent points raised by SLK and LFC in exile. Ye appreciate my opinion and where I'm coming from and I totally respect your points of view.

deise deserter
16/03/2003, 4:41 PM
:D Damn! My point of view isn't respected, eh Kev?

BlueisBeautiful
16/03/2003, 7:08 PM
..... everyone's right to say what they feel and yes this refers to you too Deise, whoever you are! You seem to know me but alas I cant quite put face to you.

deise deserter
18/03/2003, 9:18 AM
I'm a Tobin, just like you! Could even be long lost distant cousins! ;)

I would be a friend of SLKs - I finished in Mary I last year.

sadloserkid
18/03/2003, 9:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by deise deserter
I'm a Tobin, just like you! Could even be long lost distant cousins! ;)

Or brothers? :D

deise deserter
19/03/2003, 12:13 PM
Always got to get your comments in, eh SLK? All this spamming just to catch up with the big posters?:D

Schumi
19/03/2003, 12:19 PM
Could even be long lost distant cousins! ;)

Or brothers? :D Your cousin is your brother. :D

sadloserkid
19/03/2003, 1:03 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Your cousin is your brother. :D

This ain't no Queenstown Forum! :D

deise deserter
19/03/2003, 1:38 PM
"I won't live in a town where I can't marry my own Cousin!"

Name that show anyone? (except SLK, cause it's way too easy for him!)

sadloserkid
19/03/2003, 1:56 PM

:mad: Curses, foiled again... my one talent and you won't let me strut it... :p

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 2:15 PM

Its common policy in the town of Shelbyville for cousins to marry.
This led to a split with a fellow group of prospectors who formed their own town called Springfield which is where 'The Simpsons' is 'filmed' today. :)
;) ;)

sadloserkid
19/03/2003, 2:18 PM
Well spotted BWF!!! :cool:

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 2:32 PM
*roars in elation, somersaults Peter-Beagrie style to the corner flag, does a Roger Milla dance in the corner puts down his jersey, dances around it, does the Caulfield shuffle, gets swamped by teammates, reappears out of the melee and does a Robbie Keane bow and arrow.
Salutes the crowd*
Yes

Nempton
20/03/2003, 3:38 PM
Don't you just love message boards and the way people can go of on a different tangent from the original theme...thank you Matt Groening :D
Can Homer Simpson be Limerick FC's official mascot we can get Lims Fan to dress up as him and make a worth while contribution to Limerick, D'oh.
As for Blue is Beautiful I think you got a bit carried away with the idea of censorship but you were sticking up for your friend, I'm sure SLK can relate to that especially with his Diouf thread on the eircom message board ;) I stood up for you kid.
I think its only fair though that those such as Lims Fan who contribute messages on this board do so in a less volatile manner and show some respect for the other people who have to read them. I agree whole heartily with what LFC in Exile said.

deise deserter
20/03/2003, 3:41 PM
You best be careful Nempton. SLK has been dying to dress up as Millhouse for years!

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 3:43 PM
You best be careful Nempton. SLK has been dying to dress up as Millhouse for years!

Well my mom says I'm cool

*Non-Simpsons officiandos will have no clue what I'm on about there...

deise deserter
20/03/2003, 3:44 PM
Ah everythings coming up SLK!!

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 3:45 PM
Ah everythings coming up SLK!!

:D :D :D :D

Badweather Fan
20/03/2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Nempton
Don't you just love message boards and the way people can go of on a different tangent from the original theme
Well it is titled Hmmmmm.........
Did ye like my celebration?

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Well it is titled Hmmmmm.........
Did ye like my celebration?

Almost perfect. Where were the Brolin style spins though??? :confused:

Schumi
21/03/2003, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
*Non-Simpsons officiandos will have no clue what I'm on about there... Is there such a person? :)

sadloserkid
21/03/2003, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Is there such a person? :)

Mothers seem immune to the show's charms Schumi, never ceases to baffle me though.