PDA

View Full Version : Cobh Ramblers 1-0 Dundalk!!

L37Ultra
23/06/2007, 4:15 PM
Cobh Ramblers 1-0 Dundalk!! Now we have to win on Tuesday!!:eek::eek:

gael353
23/06/2007, 4:30 PM
Wouldnt say we "have to" and its been five years since we won up there and have taken some hockeyings before and since. Id settel for a point

4tothefloor
23/06/2007, 6:22 PM
I'd put 11 men behind the ball and play to kill the game. Sick of losing 3, 4 nil up there, and with this limited side we have not much will change unless we baton down the hatches I'd say.....

bellavistaman
23/06/2007, 6:25 PM
Lads, yere more than capable of beating and certainly securing a point against them. Seriously, attack tham and they'll **** themselves.

Cici900
24/06/2007, 10:50 AM
Atack and ye will easily beat them

bellavistaman
24/06/2007, 10:57 AM
Easily?? Bit OTT like but high balls way to go, quick forward too. Slow CB, prone to sh1ttin the load alot.

eelmonster
24/06/2007, 11:04 AM
Well, Limerick is the home of Garryowen. The loss in Cobh was similar to Rams loss to Douglas Hall, just a slip-up. Dundalk played terribly, but they were bound to lose one game this season, might as well have been against the second best team in the First Division - no offence to Lims. We haven't lost a league match in Oriel in well over a year, and I shouldn't think we'll lose a league match there this season. All the same, congrats to Cobh on a deserved win.

Lim till i die
24/06/2007, 6:57 PM
We haven't lost a league match in Oriel in well over a year, and I shouldn't think we'll lose a league match there this season. All the same, congrats to Cobh on a deserved win.

Ya Oriels a real fortress

Is it the passion??

Is it the pride??

Is it the plastic pitch??

Is it the disgraceful midweek kick offs for part time players in a part of the country which should be towed out to sea??

Answers on a postcard.............

bellavistaman
25/06/2007, 7:30 AM
Ya Oriels a real fortress

Is it the passion??

Is it the pride??

Is it the plastic pitch??

Is it the disgraceful midweek kick offs for part time players in a part of the country which should be towed out to sea??

True, all true.

Louth4sam
25/06/2007, 8:23 AM
Lads, yere more than capable of beating and certainly securing a point against them. Seriously, attack tham and they'll **** themselves.

Atack and ye will easily beat them

Easily?? Bit OTT like but high balls way to go, quick forward too. Slow CB, prone to sh1ttin the load alot.

Ah lads i think your getting a bit carried away with yourselves, we've lost two games out of our last 35 and havent lost at home in almost a year. All of a sudden we'll sh!t ourselves if a team attacks?? We played sh!te in cobh and cobh played well. We probably sat back too much too early. Having said that it took a flukey goal in the last minute to beat us. You played the same style of football when you came to Oriel as we did in cobh except you got away with it.

eelmonster
25/06/2007, 9:54 AM

:D

That's the prerogative of any team in the League, Thursday night football is a bit of a tradition in Oriel. Anyway, Dundalk usually accommodate teams travelling from well outside of the Pale by playing their matches against these teams (just you Munster lads, really) on Sunday. Remember, the FAI have scheduled these particular mid-week fixtures to compensate for the break. Towed out to sea!? That's some jab coming from a native of Limerick!

Lim till i die
25/06/2007, 6:06 PM
Towed out to sea!? That's some jab coming from a native of Limerick!

Show me ONE person who has ever visited Dundalk and had anything good to say??

It's a kip, Limerick is Paris in the springtime by comparison

jebus
25/06/2007, 6:08 PM
Limerick is Paris in the springtime by comparison

Someone's been watching his Audrey Hepburn box set again ;)

Lim till i die
25/06/2007, 6:09 PM
Someone's been watching his Audrey Hepburn box set again ;)

Did you see death by excess the other night on Sky One (Where Else)

That tragic, tragic, young woman :( :p

jebus
25/06/2007, 6:11 PM
Genuinely actually if anyone hasn't watched the Audrey Hepburn movie Paris in the Springtime do, it's the weirdest movie withing an movie movie you're likely to come across:)

Lim till i die
25/06/2007, 6:21 PM
Genuinely actually if anyone hasn't watched the Audrey Hepburn movie Paris in the Springtime do, it's the weirdest movie withing an movie movie you're likely to come across:)

It's official, he's crossed over in to "Arts" territory and retired from going to football :p

jebus
25/06/2007, 6:25 PM
It's official, he's crossed over in to "Arts" territory and retired from going to football :p

I'm just a bit old fashioned in my football viewing these days. Lately I've been sat at home pining for the days of 50 fans at Pike Rovers, the good old horrible days as I call them

Lim till i die
25/06/2007, 6:27 PM
I'm just a bit old fashioned in my football viewing these days. Lately I've been sat at home pining for the days of 50 fans at Pike Rovers, the good old horrible days as I call them

Come to Shels, if you're lucky we'll be outnumbered :p

Rambler1
25/06/2007, 10:16 PM

Was up there for the Rams match and great atmosphere..friendly even..same when they came down at the weekend...have to say though anytime I went to Limerick,similar good crack and banter....despite the headlines ye tend to undeservedly get.Always enjoyed it in Limeick also. Must be the bit of competition and the close games..

eelmonster
25/06/2007, 11:57 PM

Haha, that's fair enough.

Louth4sam
26/06/2007, 9:08 AM

Almost all student that come to DkIT love it with a fair few staying in Dundalk after they graduate. Dundalk has really come on leaps and bounds over the last few years. Like Limerick we do have our dodgy areas though. :p

I supopose thats why the population of Dundalk continues to grow while Limerick city is the only city in Ireland where the population continues to fall?* Doesnt say much for Paris in the springtime.

*2002-2006 Census

joeSoap
26/06/2007, 9:27 AM
Almost all student that come to DkIT love it with a fair few staying in Dundalk after they graduate. Dundalk has really come on leaps and bounds over the last few years. Like Limerick we do have our dodgy areas though. :p

I supopose thats why the population of Dundalk continues to grow while Limerick city is the only city in Ireland where the population continues to fall?* Doesnt say much for Paris in the springtime.

*2002-2006 Census Looking at your username, I can tell that you live not in Dundalk, but in a total fantasy land. I suggest you look at sex education and birth control more regarding your population increase.

Incidentally following a recent Irish Times MRBI poll on the LEAST desired places to re-locate in Ireland, it will come as a huge surprise to you that Dundalk is in the top three, and the words "Black Hole" were frequently used.

* 2007 Irish Times / MRBI

4tothefloor
26/06/2007, 9:35 AM

*2002-2006 Census

Limerick City is also probably the only city in Ireland where the authorities in the surrounding areas, both Co. Limerick and Co. Clare, refuse to give the city a boundary extension. Limerick City is actually a hell of a lot bigger than it is given credit for on paper, with a hell of a lot more people living there, but don't let that get in the way of a good arguement ;) As for the census, well literally half the city was in Dublin for the weekend the forms had to be filled in at the Munster - Leinster game, which meant that thousands were knocked off our city population just because they weren't in Limerick on census night. Go figure.....

Louth4sam
26/06/2007, 11:16 AM
Looking at your username, I can tell that you live not in Dundalk, but in a total fantasy land. I suggest you look at sex education and birth control more regarding your population increase.

So what are you trying to say, nobody gets pregnent in Limerick any more by accident? Anyway the population increase in Dundalk's population is due to migration from other areas of the country and immigration of foreign nationals.

Incidentally following a recent Irish Times MRBI poll on the LEAST desired places to re-locate in Ireland, it will come as a huge surprise to you that Dundalk is in the top three, and the words "Black Hole" were frequently used.

* 2007 Irish Times / MRBI

Lol yeah i would be surprised to hear that, as the Irish times has never run a poll to that effect. Wouldnt surprise me to see limerick at the top if they did though!

inexile
26/06/2007, 11:44 AM
So what are you trying to say, nobody gets pregnent in Limerick any more by accident? Anyway the population increase in Dundalk's population is due to migration from other areas of the country and immigration of foreign nationals.

Lol yeah i would be surprised to hear that, as the Irish times has never run a poll to that effect. Wouldnt surprise me to see limerick at the top if they did though!

i wouldnt be too worried about the population of limerick dropping as the cities boundaries are quite small, if you were to take into account the suburbs you would actuallhy find that limerick is a thriving city in the middle of an economic boom, if you were to actually visit you would find its a very very nice city

thomas72
26/06/2007, 6:31 PM
id say about 4 or 5nil to dundalk they will batter limerick out the gate

bellavistaman
26/06/2007, 9:01 PM
Well done Limerick!! great for Rams too but doesnt look like we'll get the 3 points. well done again.

L37Ultra
26/06/2007, 11:34 PM

How wrong were u? Negative fans........

gaidin
27/06/2007, 8:29 AM

Im just wondering, how much EL football have you seen this season to make that prediction?

manalishi
27/06/2007, 12:57 PM
Limerick has some of the nicest people you can meet always welcoming,love any sport(mores the pity for that rugby carry on),great characters, very sporting,much maligned by the west brits of the pale(to cover up their own city hooligans and sabre carriers) but dont tell them this stuff.And certainly dont mention they really are the sporting capitol of Ireland!!!

L37Ultra
27/06/2007, 12:59 PM
Limerick has some of the nicest people you can meet always welcoming,love any sport(mores the pity for that rugby carry on),great characters, very sporting,much maligned by the west brits of the pale(to cover up their own city hooligans and sabre carriers) but dont tell them this stuff.And certainly dont mention they really are the sporting capitol of Ireland!!!

:confused::confused:

joeSoap
27/06/2007, 1:37 PM

:confused::confused:

It's them drugs I tell ya............

L37Ultra
27/06/2007, 1:38 PM
It's them drugs I tell ya............

They're strong :D:D