PDA

View Full Version : Pats game

Cabinteelygull
23/06/2007, 1:06 PM
Not a bad result could have easily won the game we were peppering their goal near the end only ryan's brilliance kept them in it. Pats will be happier with the result seeing as they were a man down, didn't see what kirby did was it an elbow or something?? all in all i'm happy enough :)

roll on drogheda:ball:

Green&whitearmy
23/06/2007, 1:29 PM
It was a good result, a point against the leaders is always good. Didnt really take advantage of the extra man until the late 2nd half. We need to start scoring soon, its all well and good to play well but we have to win some of these games. The defence was good last night, I think delaney and deans are gelling well, jay and gary played very well again, very attaching minded.

I think Kirby pushed and kicked Deans, the lines man is lucky he didnt bottle it, where as the ref bottled sending brennan off, already booked and then retaliated on a hard challenge and pushes bray player to the ground right in front of the ref, a clear booking offence.

Cant wait for drogheda.

BrayUnknowns
23/06/2007, 1:56 PM
It was a bad result considering the amount of position and the top quality goal scoring chances we had. We started we but them having a man sent off (defo deserved it by the way, came down the back of Deans calf) set us back a bit. 2nd half was a different story though, we battered them, very like the Rovers game. Just nothing up fromnt but in saying that Ryan was on top form, some top notch saves. The last ten minutes we were camped in there box. We really have improved so much since the 1st Pats game, just need to start taking our chances. Roll on Drogheda on Tuesday.

Saw Jay OShea on crutches down at the U21s match today, hope its nothing serious?

Dodge
23/06/2007, 2:10 PM
I think Kirby pushed and kicked Deans, the lines man is lucky he didnt bottle it, where as the ref bottled sending brennan off, already booked and then retaliated on a hard challenge and pushes bray player to the ground right in front of the ref, a clear booking offence.
Kirby was kicked, and retaliated by swinging. Barely caught the guy who jumped on the ground. Definite red card by Kirby

Brennan didn't push the guy, he shaped up to but never touched him

As for the game we had enough chances to win it (I thought O'Neill scored with the header over the keeper and Mullcahey hitting the bar) but in the end we were hanging on (last 20 minutes or so)

Good game I thought with 2 teams trying to win it.

dublinwanderer
23/06/2007, 2:40 PM
yeah good game, chances at both ends, we prob had a few more than pats, and especialy in the last 20 mins. i was very disappointed we didnt make the extra man count till the end - fareplay to pats for that i suppose. i dont think you'l win the league. think drogs will.

bring on the frogs i mean drogs

notever
24/06/2007, 11:22 AM
Its geat to see Bray at last playing the type of football we all want to see.It feels great coming away from games after performanes like the last four.I think if we keep playing like this the results will come and we will be o.k.and when we are safe everybody can relax and really enjoy some great football.Its not too often we could say that about Bray's play over the last few years Well done Eddie Gormley just keep the boys playing like that and its happy days ahead.

BrayUnknowns
25/06/2007, 9:53 AM
Kirby was kicked, and retaliated by swinging. Barely caught the guy who jumped on the ground. Definite red card by Kirby

I'll take it that was a 3rd party reinactment of the incident because that couldn't be further from the truth... A ball was swung in from St Pats, Deans had both his arms out which stopped Kirby from running into the box (Could have been a peno but would have been very harsh, we would have 10 penos a game if they were given) Kirby went to the floor screaming, the ref waved play on, Deans was jogging out, Kirby got up was the last man coming out, ran up behind Deans and came down the back of his calf, he most certianly did catch him.

Brennan was quite lucky to escape as well though, he had already been booked and over-reacted when he was tackeled, Defo pushed our player to the ground, ref botteled sendig him off.

BrAyCMilan
26/06/2007, 8:42 AM
i think you mean it was Tresson who initially pushed Kirby in the back and knocked him over in the box, when Kirby got up he had a go at Deans thinking it was him that pushed him.

Hulsey
26/06/2007, 2:22 PM
Anyone see El weekly last night? The studio analysis is abysmal. Not once did anyone say that Kirby was stupid for getting sent off and letting the team down. If that had have been Dunphy or another Bray player he would have been slaughtered. And that was never a peno on Kirby, all he got was a slight nudge. If thats a peno we'd get one every time a cross is put near Delaney cos he gets far worse than that.