LFC in Exile
07/03/2003, 1:33 PM
Healy

Tobin, Pat Purcell, Finucane, Purcell

Heffernan, Mannering, J. Whyte, Morris-Roe

O'Flynn, Foley

=================
O'Donoghe, O'Poill, Loughman, Browne, Ryan

Yeah, I see what you're saying. First I heard of possible departure of Hughes and Weldrick. Those two make up a very strong midfield pair - and if Tobin,Purcell and Morris-Roe are landed we strengthen the defense and the midfield suffers if the others leave. Also, I'd like to see a decent striker with O'Flynn.

I'd be very disappointed if Weldrick and Hughes depart. Why would they leave? Where to? Also, what is up with Jimmy Fyffe? Is he afraid of competition?

sadloserkid
07/03/2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile

Yeah, I see what you're saying. First I heard of possible departure of Hughes and Weldrick. Those two make up a very strong midfield pair - and if Tobin,Purcell and Morris-Roe are landed we strengthen the defense and the midfield suffers if the others leave. Also, I'd like to see a decent striker with O'Flynn.

I'd be very disappointed if Weldrick and Hughes depart. Why would they leave? Where to? Also, what is up with Jimmy Fyffe? Is he afraid of competition?

Hughes is taking a year out to travel. Doesn't get on with Noel either though. So he's gone anyway. Welderick is unconfirmed but it would be a huge blow if we lost him. A very relaible source told me that they weren't sure but they heard he'd been released. Looking through your team I've also heard rumours that Browne (strong chance) and Mannering (fair chance) could be shown the exit door. As for Fyffe, he couldn't find a job here to supplement his football and was offered a chance to go back playing music in Cyprus. Agree with you though that th defence should be stronger next year but our midfield is looking a bit lightweight at the moment. Another striker would have been a blessing (Derek McCarthy...) but at least Barry Ryan is being kept! :rolleyes:

lims fan
08/03/2003, 6:14 AM
we have alsmost twice as many games to play. What is the bum playing at? He is a top class moron who is weakening the team. Is he seriously keeping Barry Ryan and Foley.
The guy should shoot himself.
Again more tokenism, nothing gestures being made. Insulting us fans who have made efforts to promote the club and rubbing our noses in it by getting in **** players. For 3,500 euro a week we are paying Eoin Poill, Barry Ryan and Foley's drinks bill. With 3,500 a week the club obviously as we have always known has money but puts on a poor mouth.
They are scum and are taking us for complete morons.

sadloserkid
09/03/2003, 4:24 PM
Alright, new signings include Healy (who didn't play today though Fyffe isn't around for long), a lad on loan from Bohs whose name escapes me, Brendan Sweeney (ex-Harps I think), Brian Morris Roe (unavailable until season starts), a left-back named Cooney (who got injured), an Italian guy. Welderick, Browne, Donnellan, Mannerring and O'Donoghue were all there too so we don't seem to have shed many (any?) players. Today's game really gave no indication, twas crap to be fair and the most entertaining aspect was the banter with Noel Mooney (no reference to his appearance in the tabloids last week though) and the fact the Willie Bruton was with Cork, (so the Queenstown scum can look forward to abject failure this season). Lost 2-0, 2 dodgy penalties but the ref was a joke anyway.

Fr. Joe
11/03/2003, 2:01 AM
Ummmmm....Italian Lad is it another Antonio Izzi in the making I wonder?

sadloserkid
11/03/2003, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by Fr. Joe
Ummmmm....Italian Lad is it another Antonio Izzi in the making I wonder?

Fingers crossed! We only saw a couple of minutes of him the other day so it's too early to tell yet!

Nempton
13/03/2003, 6:05 PM
any update on new players for limerick and basically so far who is gone and who is in plus what position do they play. also is there two tobin's playing for St. Michaels because I know Mark Tobin and he is not a fullback, a very good striker though and would be a good partner for Steve O.

Fr. Joe
14/03/2003, 12:01 AM
Donato Borza has just resigned for us. What a major coup this is for O'Connor.