PDA

View Full Version : Milan - Real game live on TV3

Colm
10/03/2003, 6:18 PM
This is just in reference to a post in another thread about how TV3 only show games involving English teams.
Well, this wednesday they are, in fact, showing Real Madrid against AC Milan live. This is despite the fact that Manchester are taking on Basle at the same time (although Manchester are already through).
It will be interesting to see if they would get as much viewers, I'd say there are probably a lot of fools who would prefer to see the Manchester game.
Fair play to TV3 for giving us a top quality game to watch.

Badweather Fan
10/03/2003, 6:25 PM
Bang on Colm.
As for viewing figures, i'd say they should be decent.
However the point is that showing the BEST match should ALWAYS be the case (not just cos the scum are already through). If the best european sides were constantly shown, people (even manu muppets) would realise the superlativity of the ACs and the Madrids to the english.

Shed End John
11/03/2003, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Colm
This is just in reference to a post in another thread about how TV3 only show games involving English teams.
Well, this wednesday they are, in fact, showing Real Madrid against AC Milan live.

Fair play to them, and about bloody time. Now we finally get to see two real teams in action, and not the tripe thatv passes for soccer in England.
Well done TV3, come on Real!!

gustavo
11/03/2003, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
people (even manu muppets) would realise the superlativity of the ACs and the Madrids to the english.
this is the same manchester united that have 12 points and have already qualified and the samne real madrid that have 5 points is it?:D

Shed End John
11/03/2003, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by gustavo
this is the same manchester united that have 12 points and have already qualified and the samne real madrid that have 5 points is it?:D

Like if Real played their best they wouldn't hammer United off the field. Besides, Real haven't had the luxury of playing in easy groups full of crap teams. We ALL know that United won't even come close to winning the European Cup, but, that Real in all likelihood will.

Badweather Fan
11/03/2003, 7:55 PM
this is the same manchester united that have 12 points and have already qualified and the samne real madrid that have 5 points is it?:D It is.

Bang on SEJ.

Badweather Fan
12/03/2003, 7:26 PM
Can they put FC Franco:D out tonight?
Here We Go,
Here We Go,
Here We Go,
Here We Go,
This is it.

+ Tricky Dicky afterwards.
Yes.
Orgasmic.

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 9:39 AM
I thought it was great despite the commentator whinging every two minutes about Milan.
Some great goals.
Just to show their class, Madrid took off Ronaldo, Zidane and Raul.
Handy if you can do it.

gustavo
13/03/2003, 11:02 AM
that match was probably the greatest single collection of players on one pitch at one time in the last ten years ,especially when nesta and rui costa came on and it was a great match . raul is a class act they should have shown zidane little flick that started off the move for the second goal. what a touch! pity trevor welch still cant pronounce shevchenko yet though

Shed End John
13/03/2003, 11:34 AM
that match was probably the greatest single collection of players on one pitch at one time in the last ten years ,

Couldn't disagree with that. That second goal by Raúl was absolute CLASS. Swithed the ball from his left to his right, and smacked it home from 20 yards with his weaker foot. Pure magic. Legend. I just hope both teams meet again in the Final and serve up an even better game. COME ON REAL

pete
13/03/2003, 12:45 PM
Who the the co-commentator as he had the most boring tv voice i've heard in years & nearly put me to sleep.

:eek:

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pete
Who the the co-commentator as he had the most boring tv voice i've heard in years & nearly put me to sleep.

John Toshack.
ex-Madrid manager.
Hence, the "i was fierce friends with Redondo, he's sound."

gustavo
13/03/2003, 12:52 PM
that was john toshack .
he is normally spritelier than that
he kept trying to get in refernces to his time in madrid it was like "hey! i managed real once you know!"
but then they sacked me like every other club i manage

The Donie Forde
13/03/2003, 1:45 PM
...Redondo going to the home fans to receive a presentation for his service to Real over the years. He's my all-time favourite midfielder. Standing there in his red and black being hailed by the Real fans....
A player leaves CCFC, the automatic response is 'Judas'....

How sad we have become. I know Figo gets slaughtered at Barca, and others suffer when they come to Madrid with different clubs but what I object to is the automatic labelling of someone as a Judas or scum or whatever.

We'd wanna get a life and learn a little perspective!

Donie

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 1:49 PM
Ya twas heart-wrenching stuff alright.
All the little francos(sorrry) had their old Redondo shirts on.
Did he get a presentation Donie.
Good points about Judas labelling but what could any Real fan be bitter about?

Whereas us. . . . . . . . . . .

Badweather Fan
13/03/2003, 1:50 PM
And he deserved it for the flick alone in setting up Rauls goal at Old Trafford.
The best single peice of skill i've ever come across.

Schumi
13/03/2003, 3:00 PM
Bet that game still got lower ratings than the Man U game would have. :(

eoinh
13/03/2003, 4:27 PM
it propably did get lower ratings.

Raul is some player; although Ronaldo needs to stop visiting Burger King.

i though Toshack was good last night; easier better than Stapleton Or Moran.

Redondo is liked by Milan and Real fans because of his principles.

For the last two years he has refused to take payment because of his injuries. Milan were insisting but he refused.

patsh
13/03/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
i though Toshack was good last night; easier better than Stapleton Or Moran.

Not that hard to be better, is it?
Still, the few times that RTE had him on during the world cup, I felt he was the best they had in years.
He could articulate his opinions, knew what he was talking about, and was not looking at soccer through premiersh*t glasses.
Maybe they will keep him for eircom weekly..:D

Schumi
13/03/2003, 4:33 PM
What he said was good but his voice would put you to sleep.

joe
13/03/2003, 4:46 PM
Toshack is good when he's in studio, but as co-commentator i don't think he was that good last night.

pete
13/03/2003, 5:13 PM
Think Renoldo needs to drop the omlette diet for the pasta one. ;)

For the last two years he has refused to take payment because of his injuries. Milan were insisting but he refused.

Bit of a contrast to Renoldo isn't it.

Toshack sounded depressed last night & probably onto Aldridge got a worse tv voice as well as been just about as biased (Liverpool) as that scottish fella RTE get for those massive SPL matches with Glasgow Celtic.

Shed End John
18/03/2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
...Redondo going to the home fans to receive a presentation for his service to Real over the years.
How sad we have become. I know Figo gets slaughtered at Barca, and others suffer when they come to Madrid with different clubs but what I object to is the automatic labelling of someone as a Judas or scum or whatever.

Twas nice to see and Redondo deserved it. He's a Real legend. Few would have come back at all from his injury never mind back to their best.
Agree about the Judas labelling. From what I've been told recently it's a wonder City have any team at all to field, and the 'fans' then have the cheek to label former layers as 'Judas'. Give me a break!!:mad:

Badweather Fan
18/03/2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Agree about the Judas labelling.
Ya, lets leave Reynolds, Ollie and Roy alone.;)

eoinh
18/03/2003, 8:39 PM
there showing a match of no importance when they could be showing Locomotiv v Real Madrid.

i got up and turned off the tv.

PLEASE TV3 SHOW US THE IMPORTANT MATCHS!

gustavo
18/03/2003, 9:57 PM
in fairness to them i dont think they could have eoin cos the lokomtiv game was on at 5 30pm

eoinh
18/03/2003, 10:43 PM
in fairness to them i dont think they could have eoin cos the lokomtiv game was on at 5 30pm

They could have had the show at 5.30pm instead ;)

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 11:46 AM
What happened in the REAL match?

eoinh
19/03/2003, 11:55 AM
real won 1-0; ronaldo scored

dortmund also beat Milan so real had to win. THe qfs are begining to look good.

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 12:17 PM
Great.
Quarter Finals = Man U versus Madrid or one of 2 other second place finishers which could be two of Inter, Arsenal,Ajax, Valencia or Newcastle.
Basically 1/3 chance of Man U versus Madrid.l

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Basically 1/3 chance of Man U versus Madrid.l

A 1/3 chance so of seeing United absolutely hammered off the pitch. Real have now won 5 on the trot in Spain (I think) and three of their last four European Cup games. They're looking menacing and I reckon they've once again timed their push for glory to perfection.