PDA

View Full Version : Bigger 'Love Ulster' parade planned for Dublin...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

holidaysong
21/06/2007, 4:40 PM
From RTÉ (http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0621/parade.html):

The group proposing to hold another 'Love Ulster' rally in Dublin says it expects around 3,000 people to attend a similar march this year.

FAIR, which represents unionist victims of the Troubles, said gardaí have agreed to police any rally which it decides to hold.

Last year, hundreds of counter demonstrators were involved in riots in Dublin city when the group attempted to hold a similar march.

After meeting with gardaí for around an hour this morning, Willie Frazer of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives said gardaí were supportive of another parade.

Are the Gardaí insane? It will be a complete disaster in my opinion and could end up in even more carnage as more people will know about it and every little 'republican' scumbag in Dublin will be out to see what the craic is. This FAIR group are only doing it so that they can take the moral high ground if (when) trouble breaks out.

mypost
21/06/2007, 5:02 PM
Goes to show that the marchers have zero interest in "highlighting" concerns about victims of Republican violence, but merely interested in "getting down a street".

What part of "you won't be allowed to march in O'Connell Street(or anywhere else in Dublin), no matter what" do they not understand? :confused::rolleyes:

holidaysong
21/06/2007, 5:12 PM
If they are concerned about justice for innocent victims then surely there are better ways to go about it that creating a situation which could cause more injuries to people... Why are the Gardaí allowing this to happen?

mypost
21/06/2007, 5:22 PM
If they were that concerned, they would invite Bertie to go up for a meeting with them for half an hour, and listen to their lecture. Then get him to tell the country how it went, while we feign interest, and be more concerned about the next purchase from Brown Thomas.

But if you're an attention-seeker, you cause mayhem in Ireland's capital city, and waste Irish taxpayer's money on valuable garda resources, for a glorified PR stunt.

Monkfish
21/06/2007, 5:25 PM
Any date given yet? might make my way up for a nose.....

holidaysong
21/06/2007, 6:08 PM
It will be sometime in August or September.

OneRedArmy
21/06/2007, 6:45 PM
The best thing to do with this lot of sh*tstirrers would be to ignore them and they would soon get bored of the lack of attention. Unfortunately the local bottomfeeders are sure to turn up and give them exactly what they are looking for.

Dodge
21/06/2007, 7:01 PM
They Gardai were supportive, they didn't say they had allowed it.

If it goes off, it'll be worse than last year. Nobody with an ounce of sense would allow it to happen

Saint Tom
21/06/2007, 8:23 PM
lets have a "F*ck State sponsored Terrorism" march in East Belfast with thousands of trouble makers from down here leading the way, at which point we burn effigies of Carson and King Billy.

This is an insult to the people of Dublin and Ireland, and will only do harm to relations between the two groups on the island

Jamjar
21/06/2007, 9:00 PM
If Willie Fraser (he's the organiser isn't he ) was smart he'd call it a sponsored walk instead. Sure nobody would object to that.

SolitudeRed
21/06/2007, 9:05 PM
As OneRedArmy says the best thing to do is ignore them any trouble would only be a propaganda victory for the marchers and their cause they would hold it up as an example of Intolerance towards Protestants/unionists in the south and use it as justification for their extreme brand of unionism.

pete
21/06/2007, 9:25 PM
If they don't direct this through a building site this year should be less violence.

Other suggestions would be stop the other sides s*it stirrers being bused into Dublin.

Get Celtic to visit for a friendly on the other side of the City?

The vast majority of people could have cared less about the parade last year except for a few Neanderthals in shiny tracksuits.

SligoBrewer
21/06/2007, 10:21 PM
If they don't direct this through a building site this year should be less violence.

Other suggestions would be stop the other sides s*it stirrers being bused into Dublin.

Get Celtic to visit for a friendly on the other side of the City?

The vast majority of people could have cared less about the parade last year except for a few Neanderthals in shiny tracksuits.

great idea pete....
or tell em that henrik larsson was spotted in the liffey valley.. that'd work

mypost
22/06/2007, 5:18 AM
As OneRedArmy says the best thing to do is ignore them any trouble would only be a propaganda victory for the marchers and their cause they would hold it up as an example of Intolerance towards Protestants/unionists in the south and use it as justification for their extreme brand of unionism.

If the Garvaghy Road residents won't take marchers down their road, how do you think Dubliners will take it in ours?? :confused:

This is not a march, this is British triumphalism attepting to bulldoze it's way into our capital city, and the people of Dublin won't allow it. If the Gardai will, the people won't, so no matter where they want to march, it won't happen.

GavinZac
22/06/2007, 5:31 AM
no matter what
thats right, you defend our island from that terror state with your strong words!

cause mayhem in Ireland's capital city, and waste Irish taxpayer's money on valuable garda resourcesrovers fans?

This is an insult to the people of Dublin and Ireland, and will only do harm to relations between the two groups on the islandits not an insult, its a Love Ulster parade. It wont cause any harm if the RA tracksuits dont show up.

If the Garvaghy Road yeah this is coparable :rolleyes:

This is not a march, this is British triumphalism attepting to bulldoze it's way into our capital city, and the people of Dublin won't allow it. If the Gardai will, the people won't, so no matter where they want to march, it won't happen.i take it you're bringing along a few cinder blocks on the day?

Dodge
22/06/2007, 5:42 AM
its not an insult, its a Love Ulster parade

Sweet Jesus Gavin, do you realise how naive you sound?

Bluebeard
22/06/2007, 7:46 AM
I reckon that half of the fools from above who want to come down are thinking about the shopping. The fools.

Let them walk it off out in Dalkey. They'll likely be welcomed for a scone and tea.

RogerMilla
22/06/2007, 8:15 AM
what the hell do these fellas know about love ulster ? it's hardly an inclusive march is it ? it's hardly bringing the ulster communities together. Terrible idea to allow this march again especially as a face off with the muppet rioters from last year is guaranteed.

anto1208
22/06/2007, 8:29 AM
I cant see why peopel that want a 32 county republic bla bla bla have a problem with people from the island of ireland marching down O'Connel street.How can they ever expect a 32 county rep. when they dont accept the people living here .

Im not insulted you won't see it from my house , but there will be loads of trouble think of all the scum "fighting for ireland" that didnt get a new tracksuit or pair of runners from the looting they ll all show up this time , ID be surprised if they even knew a parade was going on .

I cant be doing with all this i dont know why anyone would want to march down a road any more than why someone would not want them marching down a road .

superfrank
22/06/2007, 8:40 AM
I would like to see a day when the majority of people in this part of the island are accepting to something like this. I'm not asking we welcome them with open arms but that we can at least respect our near neighbours.

Having said that, it's pretty obvious that this is going to lead to trouble. Any Government offish with a brain would do the most to stop this. I think it's just a stunt to bait the locals and unfortunately it will work.

Dodge
22/06/2007, 8:49 AM
Its not about accepting Northern Irish prodestants, its about a march designed 100% to antagonise people from the Irish republic.

It has nothing to do with loving Ulster, and everything to do with causing trouble. Its all very well to say we should just ignore it, but the real world doesn't work like that.

In no way could I be described as a barstool republican but there is no way this parade should be allowed in ANY city in the 32 counties.

mypost
22/06/2007, 9:48 AM
It doesn't matter where it is, Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway, wherever, you put anti-Irish "marchers" in the Irish Republic, there's going to be aggro. That's the way it is.

If they want to march, the UK has 4 countries, plenty of room for British people to protest in it. I'm not a Republican, but i object to such people protesting in my capital city. TV3's poll last night on the march said it all. The Yes vote was 5%.

Paulie
22/06/2007, 10:21 AM
TV3's poll last night on the march said it all. The Yes vote was 5%.

With a 5% margin for error.

Erstwhile Bóz
22/06/2007, 10:25 AM
If they want to march, the UK has 4 countries, plenty of room for British people to protest in it. I'm not a Republican, but i object to such people protesting in my capital city.
Poor Willie. The people who think that he is British don't want him any more than the crowd that think that he is Irish.

Dodge
22/06/2007, 10:39 AM
AFAIK Love Ulster marches are banned in Belfast.

BTW Don't think it'll go through. Can't see the new Min for Justice having the same hard on for republicanism as the last one

anto1208
22/06/2007, 10:42 AM
It doesn't matter where it is, Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway, wherever, you put anti-Irish "marchers" in the Irish Republic, there's going to be aggro. That's the way it is.

B].

And thats what they want they know perfectly well coming here to march will cause trouble that way they can turn around and say oh look they will never accept us in a 32 county rep. There is no way it can happen .

And the idiots fall right into the trap , These rioters are so dumb that they think they are fighting them but in fact they are doing excatly what they want .

Ive now heard someone say we should have a love munster march on the same day i dont know whats worse a bunch of moany nordies or a bunch of bandwagon jumping rugbyjocks . (it was that munster he was on about )

reder
22/06/2007, 11:08 AM
I am shocked that this march has been given the go ahead. Every little scumbag within the length and breadth of the country will be getting a shopping list together in anticipation of the looting.

Also did they not learn last time that a large subsection of the population of southern Ireland are not mature enough yet to deal with something of this nature! The Celtic tiger has created this lure that people in Ireland are these forward thinking open-minded people but when push comes to shove the same old prejudices rise to the surface.

This march is there to commemorate the victims of republican violence. If for one totally support and have sympathy for people who lost friends and family.

Question: If the wife of garda mc cabe decides she wants to be part of this march, should she prevented from walking also?

PS: This is a stroke of utter genius by those who have organised this march. It is going to end up in a riot and thats the best result for extremist. If it passes of peacefully, they will be left scratching their heads!!!

Dodge
22/06/2007, 11:16 AM
I am shocked that this march has been given the go ahead.
It has not been given the go ahead yet.

Also did they not learn last time that a large subsection of the population of southern Ireland are not mature enough yet to deal with something of this nature! An outrage claim coming from a non national. Large subsection of the country = less than 200 people? I'm a mature, european embracing Irishman. I am 100% agaisnt this March. Care to explain to me how I'm being immature?

This march is there to commemorate the victims of republican violence.
Is it ****!?!?!? Read up on FAIR and wee Willie and see how you get on

If for one totally support and have sympathy for people who lost friends and family.
As have I

Question: If the wife of garda mc cabe decides she wants to be part of this march, should she prevented from walking also?
Yes

PS: This is a stroke of utter genius by those who have organised this march. It is going to end up in a riot and thats the best result for extremist. If it passes of peacefully, they will be left scratching their heads!!!
It won't pass peacefully

Erstwhile Bóz
22/06/2007, 11:32 AM
Also did they not learn last time that a large subsection of the population of southern Ireland are not mature enough yet to deal with something of this nature!
It was a small subsection of the people of eastern Ireland who rioted.

This march is there to commemorate the victims of republican violence. If for one totally support and have sympathy for people who lost friends and family.
Do you totally support and have sympathy for them when they fly banners of UVF men involved in bombing Dublin and Monaghan? When they praise other terrorists out of one side of their mouths while condemnig republican terrorists out of the other?

Ridiculous thing to say. Mrs. McCabe, I should imagine, would not be seen dead in the company of supporters of the Dublin and Monaghan bombers. And anyway, just because the poor woman had her husband taken away from her doesn't mean that everything she might choose to do is right.

IF this march was the innocent thing you seem to believe it is, then she could walk till the cows came home. But this next bit seems to indicate that you appreciate that it isn't that simple at all:

PS: This is a stroke of utter genius by those who have organised this march. It is going to end up in a riot and thats the best result for extremist.
Agree with the first bit. Exactly what they wanted to happen happened last year, with icing and cherries.

Would love for Dublin to completely ignore them, as you go on to suggest, and just be passing by doing their shopping, but that wouldn't happen. Won't go ahead anyway.

Erstwhile Bóz
22/06/2007, 11:34 AM
I am 100% agaisnt this March.
:rolleyes: Grow up, you baby.

reder
22/06/2007, 11:38 AM
Would love for Dublin to completely ignore them, as you go on to suggest, and just be passing by doing their shopping, but that wouldn't happen.

Agree with you 100% on that.

mypost
22/06/2007, 11:51 AM
And thats what they want they know perfectly well coming here to march will cause trouble that way they can turn around and say oh look they will never accept us in a 32 county rep.

They don't care what the Irish people think, so why should we care about them?? :confused: If they did care, they wouldn't entertain the idea, full stop.

jebus
22/06/2007, 12:14 PM
having been at the last Love Ulster parade and after having encounters with both the LU (through e mails admittingly) and the rioters I can tell you that this going to cause a world of trouble.

Firstly the LU could never answer fully why they feel they have to march through Dublin, they went on about victims and the like but had no answer for how the victims of the Dublin and Monaghan bombings felt, only that they weren't Unionists, which, if you had checked out their forum at the time was a joke to say. Actually have the Gardai ever checked out the inane threats of some unionists towards Dublin City and its residents on that site before green lighting this march again?

The less said about the level of human qulaities amongst the rioters the better, but a quick check of their forums showed that they were supremely proud of what they did that they, felt they had expelled the unionist threat and will be perfectly happy to do so again this year. All this talk of we growing up as a nation is all well and good amongst people like us, as I'm assuming we're not the type that well through cinder blocks at riot police, but try telling that to the Irish and Scots who will be there on the day and see how far you get with a broken jaw.

The riot police on the day did a good job, but were hopelessly outnumbered, we will need three or four times as many before even thinking of letting the LU parade through Dublin, and thats maybe underestimating the situation, so I really don't see how this has been given the green light.

pete
22/06/2007, 1:41 PM
I don't have a problem with the march as reacting to people like that lets them win. Better to ignore them as that achieves a lot more. This is what 99.95 of people did last time. Banning the march means the thugs from last year win, simple as that. You cannot give in thuggery like that.

I know the Gardai can have a hard job at times but if they can't control a few hundred drunken protestors along a preplanned route then they might as well give up.

Maybe the Gardai would have to get the march to go along a different route that they can control more easily.

jebus
22/06/2007, 3:10 PM
I know the Gardai can have a hard job at times but if they can't control a few hundred drunken protestors along a preplanned route then they might as well give up

In fairness pete the crowd last year weren't a bunch of yahoos who rolled out of a pub, they were very organised (they had wheelie bins full of glass bottles waiting for them over the O'Connell bridge, knew exactly what they were doing, communicated and gave orders in much the same fashion as modern day hooligan groups and would have given most riot police a tough time, especially one that wasn't allowed use force against the rioters

bennocelt
22/06/2007, 5:33 PM
question? how do you think it looks up north (garvaghy, etc) if the orange KKK are allowed to march triumphantly down Dublin?

Docboy
22/06/2007, 6:19 PM
I think we saw the true measure of the man who is the figurehead of the Love Ulster movement yesterday evening on the RTE news. Dobson took him to the cleaners while Frazer came across as someone looking to make trouble not only here in Dublin but also for the political situation up north.

Should not be allowed, not a chance.

Lionel Ritchie
22/06/2007, 6:30 PM
Its not about accepting Northern Irish prodestants, its about a march designed 100% to antagonise people from the Irish republic.

It has nothing to do with loving Ulster, and everything to do with causing trouble. Its all very well to say we should just ignore it, but the real world doesn't work like that.

In no way could I be described as a barstool republican but there is no way this parade should be allowed in ANY city in the 32 counties.

Where's this 'Irish Republic' you speak of? No such place.

cavan_fan
22/06/2007, 8:25 PM
If the Garvaghy Road residents won't take marchers down their road, how do you think Dubliners will take it in ours?? :confused:

This is not a march, this is British triumphalism attepting to bulldoze it's way into our capital city, and the people of Dublin won't allow it. If the Gardai will, the people won't, so no matter where they want to march, it won't happen.

This is not British triumphalism, I defy you to find a reasonable British (not NI) person who supports these bigots.

pete
22/06/2007, 9:29 PM
question? how do you think it looks up north (garvaghy, etc) if the orange KKK are allowed to march triumphantly down Dublin?

It shows them how to behave in a mature manner.

In the UK I believe the police can order known hooligans against being near football grounds on certain days. Do the Gardai have similar powers here?

Dodge
23/06/2007, 11:04 AM
Where's this 'Irish Republic' you speak of? No such place.

I was using the "Love Ulster" term

reder
25/06/2007, 9:04 AM
In the UK I believe the police can order known hooligans against being near football grounds on certain days. Do the Gardai have similar powers here?

Not too sure if they can do that here. They defo can in the UK. However the uk police are miles ahead of the garda in handling troublesome situations.

I watched an interview with one of the leads of the love Ulster movement on RTE news. It is clear that this man actually comes from the nastier side of loyalism. Most unionist/loyalist up the north are decent people but they have their minority of morons just like the nationalists. After watching the interview I am in no doubt that this march has been arranged by a small section of renegade loyalist with sole aim is to create tension.

As I said before, its a win-win situation and an utter stroke of extremist genius. If the march doesnt go ahead then the unionist/loyalist people are not being accepted and if it does an when the inevitable rioting and looting occurs (by every narrow-minded republican scumbag) then they can also claimed the the people of the south dont welcome unionist/loyalist people.

Lionel Ritchie
25/06/2007, 9:30 AM
Not too sure if they can do that here. They defo can in the UK. However the uk police are miles ahead of the garda in handling troublesome situations.

I watched an interview with one of the leads of the love Ulster movement on RTE news. It is clear that this man actually comes from the nastier side of loyalism. Most unionist/loyalist up the north are decent people but they have their minority of morons just like the nationalists. After watching the interview I am in no doubt that this march has been arranged by a small section of renegade loyalist with sole aim is to create tension.

As I said before, its a win-win situation and an utter stroke of extremist genius. If the march doesnt go ahead then the unionist/loyalist people are not being accepted and if it does an when the inevitable rioting and looting occurs (by every narrow-minded republican scumbag) then they can also claimed the the people of the south dont welcome unionist/loyalist people.

...pretty much it in a nutshell.

pete
25/06/2007, 9:55 AM
I would think the Garda top got a lot of flak from last years events from both public & politicians so will probably be keen for this to go ahead so they can't prove they can handle it. The Gardai need to make a stand against these types sooner or later.

Dodge
25/06/2007, 9:58 AM
I would think the Garda top got a lot of flak from last years events from both public & politicians so will probably be keen for this to go ahead so they can't prove they can handle it. The Gardai need to make a stand against these types sooner or later.

Its not a big dick comepetition! Allowing the march just to show you can do it is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. it should be banned for exactly the same reasons its banned in Belfast etc

mypost
25/06/2007, 11:41 AM
If the march doesnt go ahead they can claimed the the people of the south dont welcome unionist/loyalist people.

If they don't march, by persuasion or otherwise in Dublin, it's a win for us, not them.

Nobody said they're not welcome here, but they're not allowed to march here. The Gardai have two choices, the easy way by telling them where to go so it never happens, or the hard way by facing the ire of angry Irish people on the day itself. Their choice.

anto1208
25/06/2007, 12:32 PM
If they don't march, by persuasion or otherwise in Dublin, it's a win for us, not them.

Nobody said they're not welcome here, but they're not allowed to march here. The Gardai have two choices, the easy way by telling them where to go so it never happens, or the hard way by facing the ire of angry Irish people on the day itself. Their choice.

A win ? :confused::confused:

The gaurds won t feel the ire of the angry irish public because all but about 200 scum bags and a hang full of dumb shin feiners will care the rest of us will go about our day

Dodge
25/06/2007, 12:42 PM
Just because we go about our day doesn't mean we don't care.

hoops1
25/06/2007, 12:54 PM
Any event were Charlie Bird gets a smack in the chops should be run every year.

reder
25/06/2007, 1:04 PM
Just because we go about our day doesn't mean we don't care.

Good sentiment Dodge. People can be opposed to this if they wish. However, rioting is not and will never be the answer. I would hedge a bet that 99.5% of the idiots who caused trouble last time would not be capable of debating the issue.

mypost, can you explain how them not marching, "by persuasion or otherwise in Dublin", would constitute a victory? I dont get that. Surely them not marching would be used by the loyalist extremists as an "anti-unionist" stick to beat people with?

PS: Can someone please explain why the marches are not permitted in Belfast? When did this come into effect? (Excuse my ignorance, my knowledge of NI is quite sketchy in places.)