PDA

View Full Version : Galway Independent

MyTown
21/06/2007, 10:56 AM
Nice to be able to put a few names to faces in this week's Galway Independent, with Fox's bar getting some well deserved publicity for their support for the Trust and the home kit being in the readers face on more than the sport's pages.

Obviously one of the perks of being the Clubs Promotions Officer (possibly the only perk?) is that you get be in the only photograph between two ladies - nice one ;)

Tir Oilean
21/06/2007, 11:29 AM
I believe Foxes are now refusing to admit fas after the games because of jersies, if its true its a bit of a joke seeing as they are usually very quiet/ nearly empty on a Friday night anyway from what I've seen. Where will the next home for supporters be?

Schumi
21/06/2007, 11:44 AM
I believe Foxes are now refusing to admit fas after the games because of jersies, Seems a bit stupid, most of the people there after our match with you were there from the match. It's hardly that mega-trendy anyway.

GUISAUltra
21/06/2007, 12:10 PM
in fairness the bouncers there have been getting a lot of **** from people who had been refused entry because of the dress code and then they would see gufc fans with footie jersies and trackies and start getting thick with the bouncers. then ya just have tag alongs who were going up to the door in tracksuits saying can i come in cos i was at the match.
i for one wont be moving homes, foxes has been good to GUFC supporters

gilberto_eire
21/06/2007, 1:24 PM
in fairness the bouncers there have been getting a lot of **** from people who had been refused entry because of the dress code and then they would see gufc fans with footie jersies and trackies and start getting thick with the bouncers. then ya just have tag alongs who were going up to the door in tracksuits saying can i come in cos i was at the match.
i for one wont be moving homes, foxes has been good to GUFC supporters

HAS BEEN!!. there starting to change now!. if they add jersies to the jeans and shoes i think that should be the end of it.... ''the section A shirt boys'' everyone up there showerd,saved and dressed to the 9's :rolleyes:

galwaygirl
21/06/2007, 1:41 PM
I believe Foxes are now refusing to admit fas after the games because of jersies, if its true its a bit of a joke seeing as they are usually very quiet/ nearly empty on a Friday night anyway from what I've seen. Where will the next home for supporters be?

Jerseys are allowed, but the security company employed by Foxs (Fibbers & Kennedys) have brought in the rule of no runners or tracksuits allowed at weekends (or in other words while the bouncers are on).

Dont know how it's gonna work 2mor nite tho but it should b fun n there....
they're havin a beach party on.
Trainee was askin last week cud he bring his bucket & spade with him:D:D

Tir Oilean
21/06/2007, 1:47 PM
It's hardly that mega-trendy anyway.

I never thought id say this about a post from a UCD supporter but you got that one right!:D

GuisaSaigon
21/06/2007, 1:56 PM
I prefer not to wear shoes to a game. when you are going to be standing for 2+ hours at a game and 2/3 hours in the pub the auld clogs get a bit uncomfortable. No tracksuits I can understand, but whats wrong with a pair of smart trainers.
Personally I'll be wearing trainers if the turn me away I'll go someplace else.

Are German style socks and sandals ok for the beach party?

GUISAUltra
21/06/2007, 2:26 PM
HAS BEEN!!. there starting to change now!. if they add jersies to the jeans and shoes i think that should be the end of it.... ''the section A shirt boys'' everyone up there showerd,saved and dressed to the 9's :rolleyes:

thats bullcrap to be honest gilberto they've given a lot of money to the trust this year and now you wanna walk away cos they have a dress code. ya dont need to wear a shirt just a nice t-shirt

Tir Oilean
21/06/2007, 2:50 PM
ya dont need to wear a shirt just a nice t-shirt

Ya their are lovely GUST polo shirts available that will be acceptible i'm sure so you can still wear your colours. I bought one last week and they're pretty cool. I'm sure this is an opportunity for the MRU to be resurrected outside Foxes on Friday night!:D

GUISAUltra
21/06/2007, 3:09 PM
haha. now there's a man who's thinking :)

you can still wear your colours and have an acceptable t-shirt for a pub

Conor H
21/06/2007, 4:47 PM
Foxs have been highly generous to GUST.

Anyone who's considering some sort of protest or leaving it should really remember all they've done and intend to do aswell.

Tir Oilean
21/06/2007, 5:28 PM
Foxs have been highly generous to GUST.

Anyone who's considering some sort of protest or leaving it should really remember all they've done and intend to do aswell.

But sure instead cant ye go to Becketts!!!!!!!:D

gilberto_eire
21/06/2007, 5:35 PM
thats bullcrap to be honest gilberto they've given a lot of money to the trust this year and now you wanna walk away cos they have a dress code. ya dont need to wear a shirt just a nice t-shirt

bullcrap...read my post again there isnt anything there that was bullcrap..... they are changing that cant be denied, what kind of supporters club pub doesnt allow football game attire....after all its not like they have always had this code they didnt have it for yrs!!
and lets be honest ''you reap what you sow'' GUFC games bring in a lot of revenue through fans and no matter where ya go with that money will be thrown at GUST, it comes at the pubs end of the bargain!.

GUISAUltra
21/06/2007, 5:58 PM
you say that every pub will hand out the money and service that they do every other week and let people in the pub playing drums and singing songs, i doubt every pub will to be honest.
its bullcrap to be talking about moving pubs for such a stupid reason. its simple, if its too much of a problem to adhere to the dress code then just dont go there. i for one am happy there and dont mind following the dress code

gilberto_eire
21/06/2007, 6:18 PM
you say that every pub will hand out the money and service that they do every other week and let people in the pub playing drums and singing songs, i doubt every pub will to be honest.
its bullcrap to be talking about moving pubs for such a stupid reason. its simple, if its too much of a problem to adhere to the dress code then just dont go there. i for one am happy there and dont mind following the dress code

i never said lets move i just agreed with Tir Oilean in that its a joke when its meant to be the supportes pub!. ya i believe any pub on the(size)scale of foxes would let ya play the drums and sing during the day when its empty anyway... obviously bigger pubs like kings head and that wouldnt as they would be full any time of day.
and yes i think that a pub which is getting large numbers in every friday (when there empty during the day) would sponsor the lotto etc... because as i said its part and parcel of the package ''you scratch my back and ill scratch yours'' kind of a thing!!. i like the pub but i dont like the code they have taken on dress code all of a sudden... the runners thing was just a step too far, jeans fair enough but its a pub not a nightclub and you'd have no trouble getting into any of the big pubs in town with runners...the jeans more widespread but the runners thing isnt!

Demoshield
21/06/2007, 9:10 PM
But sure instead cant ye go to Becketts!!!!!!!:D

What is the story with that? thought it strange in the programme the past couple of weeks flyers for Becketts & supporters going to Foxes.Was always good crack in Kates when supporters and team were there after games. Does this not happen any more?

Patrick Dunne
21/06/2007, 9:43 PM
Foxes sponsor GUST, for a substantial four figure sum. I'd be surprised if any other supporters group in Ireland has a sponsorship deal even 20% the size of Foxes contribution.

Kates would occasionally give us a few cans.

Money is never thrown at GUST, we work hard to promote our relationship with our sponsors. The size of the deal is a tribute to the hard work of GUST in cultivating and developing the relationship with Foxes.

I can understand Foxes point of view. They are happy to accomodate all supporters before games and always give us complimentary finger food.

Tribalhooie
21/06/2007, 10:40 PM
It would be interesting to see how much money galway utd and away supporters have ploughed into foxes. Should be interesting reading. Personally I enjoy going to foxes before and after the games as the staff are good craic and we always seem to have a good time.

KoemansCC
22/06/2007, 3:34 AM
Agree with PD that Foxes are good sponsors to have, and the craic is always good before games. I don't usually go there after the games but I've heard nothing but good reports...

GUISAUltra
22/06/2007, 9:33 AM
i never said lets move i just agreed with Tir Oilean in that its a joke when its meant to be the supportes pub!. ya i believe any pub on the(size)scale of foxes would let ya play the drums and sing during the day when its empty anyway... obviously bigger pubs like kings head and that wouldnt as they would be full any time of day.
and yes i think that a pub which is getting large numbers in every friday (when there empty during the day) would sponsor the lotto etc... because as i said its part and parcel of the package ''you scratch my back and ill scratch yours'' kind of a thing!!. i like the pub but i dont like the code they have taken on dress code all of a sudden... the runners thing was just a step too far, jeans fair enough but its a pub not a nightclub and you'd have no trouble getting into any of the big pubs in town with runners...the jeans more widespread but the runners thing isnt!

so are you gonna go to foxes after games anymore?

Conor H
22/06/2007, 9:37 AM
The best crack in Fox has been had with our Rovers friends.
Can't wait for Tonight!:)

Tir Oilean
22/06/2007, 9:55 AM
The best crack in Fox has been had with our Rovers friends.
Can't wait for Tonight!:)

Ya me too I'm hopin to leave langerland early cos I missed all the craic at the last visit of Shams

gilberto_eire
22/06/2007, 1:53 PM
so are you gonna go to foxes after games anymore?

hhhhuuuummm i wonder what ya wrote 1st and changed a few hours later...well today im wearing tracksuit bottoms and runners...so no(for today)

Terry
22/06/2007, 4:53 PM
what if there was players coming back after the match for some sort awards night or something, would they get in if they were in their club tracksuits?

GUISAUltra
23/06/2007, 10:11 AM
hhhhuuuummm i wonder what ya wrote 1st and changed a few hours later...well today im wearing tracksuit bottoms and runners...so no(for today)

if ya wanna know i said its getting really boring hearing ya complain about foxes and it was stupid cos i know you're gonna be going back in there so why keep complaining about it but i said i'd take it off take it off cos ya'd probably complain about that to

gilberto_eire
23/06/2007, 1:27 PM
if ya wanna know i said its getting really boring hearing ya complain about foxes and it was stupid cos i know you're gonna be going back in there so why keep complaining about it but i said i'd take it off take it off cos ya'd probably complain about that to

and your basing this one?? when have i kept ''going on about it''. i gave my initial views on it and same on here with would have been 1 post had ya not wanted to argue my point with me for another 3/4 posts!.
will ya stop annoying me will ya you'd swear i started a thread on it the way your talking there.

GUISAUltra
23/06/2007, 3:39 PM
hhhhuuuummm i wonder what ya wrote 1st and changed an hour later.
cant make out what you're trying to say in the first line man. where did i say you started the thread. this is just going around in circles now, its obvious you think its poor by foxes and you're not happy. personally i dont care about the dress code. lets just leave it at that

gilberto_eire
23/06/2007, 5:24 PM
hhhhuuuummm i wonder what ya wrote 1st and changed an hour later.
cant make out what you're trying to say in the first line man. where did i say you started the thread. this is just going around in circles now, its obvious you think its poor by foxes and you're not happy. personally i dont care about the dress code. lets just leave it at that

i meant to say ''and you baseing this on?''
no i didnt say u said i started the thread, i said the way your saying i wont stop on to it isnt true and that you'd swear i had threads going bout it and all, the way you put your response!.
ya i do think its poor by foxes and im not happy but i certainly havent keep going on about it like u said, thats what my las response was in reply too!.
fair enough