PDA

View Full Version : When is the next draw for FAI Cup

Ebmania
20/06/2007, 9:14 AM
Hi does anyone know when the next draw is.

Dodge
20/06/2007, 9:16 AM
Sometime in early July. Ties to be played in August

Sam_Heggy
20/06/2007, 12:21 PM

Thats not exactly fair on the non-league teams chances of a "giant killin" Fanad and Douglas Hall will be without competitive football from now til the next round. Surely the intermediate league could be switched to "summer football"

Shelsman
20/06/2007, 12:58 PM

Why not sooner? Just as the excitement is building up. I have to admit I find the FAI Cup is far more exciting than the league -all those mismatches ( David v Goliath ) and potential upsets, anyone can win. Then theres the mystery of the draw -anybody can get anyone, cool :).

I also love it when league teams hammer a non-league team by a cricket score -the same lads on the non-league team would probably tell you the Eircom League is sh!te the week before but I bet they're not so smart after they get a spanking!

That said, I had actually asked a work colleague if he would go to the Ramblers vs Douglas Hall match with me so that we could see the difference in standards -just as well we didn't go! :D

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 1:01 PM
Thats not exactly fair on the non-league teams chances of a "giant killin" Fanad and Douglas Hall will be without competitive football from now til the next round. Surely the intermediate league could be switched to "summer football"

Why not sooner?
The reason for the break is because the Intermediate Legue is over so the long wait is so those clubs don't have to play out of season.

town73
23/06/2007, 11:31 AM
The draw for the Third Round of the FAI Ford Cup will take place on the evening of Thursday, July 5th. The draw will take place in Co. Kerry during the build-up to the FAI AGM.