PDA

View Full Version : Richard Sadlier on the Pats board

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 2:43 PM
:confused::confused:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=95310898&p=953yyzxx&n=95311278&t=sport

I don't get it!!

Dyl10
19/06/2007, 2:46 PM
Agreed. Why? :ball:

Keego
19/06/2007, 2:47 PM
What don't you get? Pats have a new board of management and Sadlier has been named on it.
He was working for Kevin Moran in the UK in his PR/Agency company so has a PR/Marketing experince (He might even have a degree in it)
Good move as far as I can see.

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 2:52 PM
What don't you get? Pats have a new board of management and Sadlier has been named on it.
He was working for Kevin Moran in the UK in his PR/Agency company so has a PR/Marketing experince (He might even have a degree in it)
Good move as far as I can see.

you hire these people to work for the club, not sell out the club by sticking them in as a director!

Dodge
19/06/2007, 3:08 PM
It should be pointed out that Sadlier is also a pats fan, and not just a notional one but one who actually attended games before his career took off. Has a degree in marketing AFAIK. Can't see why anyone would think its weird, particularly when LOI boards are traditionally made up of chancer publicans etc

Moved to the Pats section

Keego
19/06/2007, 3:11 PM
A board of director run a club and should have people on it who have experance in different fields. The company I work for has 6 board members and they all bring something different to the company. Richard Sadlier will bring a football background as well as a PR/Marketing experance to the board.
He might not look after the PR/Marketing directly himself I'm sure there will be a company or people employed to do that but he will on the board to make sure it is done correctly

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 3:34 PM
Moved to the Pats section

:rolleyes:

Why?

I think it's an el talking point and a surprise to everyone else.

Please move back without a "*sigh*".

Dodge
19/06/2007, 3:41 PM
Not moving it back

People can talk about it here. It may well be of interest to others, but there's only club being discussed; so it goes in that section (Same way the Cork/FIFA thing is in the Cork section and the Rovers/Tallaght election fall out is in the Rovers section)

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 3:48 PM
Not moving it back

People can talk about it here. It may well be of interest to others, but there's only club being discussed; so it goes in that section (Same way the Cork/FIFA thing is in the Cork section and the Rovers/Tallaght election fall out is in the Rovers section)

So why is this still in the el section?

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=63478

Dodge
19/06/2007, 3:52 PM
BOARD APPOINTMENTS AT ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC FC

Following the acquisition of St Patrick’s Athletic Football Club by property developer, Garrett Kelleher, the club has today announced the membership of the new board of directors.

Chairman

Mr Garrett Kelleher, Chairman and CEO of Shelbourne Development

Board Members

Gerardine Jones, an accountant, is Managing Director of Dolmen Securities

Philip Mooney, a businessman from Inchicore with a long standing involvement in St Patrick’s Athletic

Jerry Sheehan, a Dublin based solicitor of 25 years with his own practice Sheehan and Co

Conor Gallagher, an accountant, is an investment analyst with Shelbourne Development

Richard Sadlier, a former Irish international footballer who retired prematurely due to a chronic hip injury

Mark McCabe, a leading sports physiotherapist who runs the Sports Med. Ireland clinic in Dublin

Commenting the club Chairman, Garrett Kelleher said: “We have long-term ambitions for this football club which would establish it as a force in the European game.

The transition from the current set-up is going to take time and a great deal of patience.

The appointment of this board, with a good balance between business and sporting interests, represents an important first step in this regard.

“Following on the appointment of Brian Kerr as Director of Football and the excellent progress we have made in the early part of the season under his and Johnny McDonnell’s stewardship, we can now set about making organisational change that will prepare us better for the realisation of the longer-term objective.

“We look forward to working with the Football Association. It is important they create the environment that will allow serious people with genuine ambition advance the domestic game in Ireland. Clubs cannot achieve great things on their own but with the right conditions more clubs will secure strong financial backing and the league in Ireland will prosper. “

The new board takes up its responsibilities immediately

Jerry The Saint
19/06/2007, 4:24 PM
Not moving it back

I think this bit will definitely be of interest to other clubs.

We have long-term ambitions for this football club which would establish it as a force in the European game.

Please move this thread to World Football. :D

John83
19/06/2007, 4:41 PM

Please move this thread to World Football. :D

So why is this still in the el section?

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=63478

Not moving it back

:rolleyes:

Why?

I think it's an el talking point and a surprise to everyone else.

Please move back without a "*sigh*".
It's getting towards having a genuine argument for putting it in Off Topic.

Sadlier seems like a decent appointment - knowledge of PR & football seems like a good fit. I don't see the big deal.

Dodge
19/06/2007, 4:54 PM

Thats the bit that scares me. PLenty of others have promised the same. I'd be afraid if he doesn't get it soon he'd be off.

The rest of it reads great though "long term plans"

pete
19/06/2007, 5:53 PM
Will Sadlier be Brian Kerrs new coach when he takes over? :p

soccerc
19/06/2007, 6:37 PM
Will Sadlier be Brian Kerrs new coach when he takes over? :p

NO, completely different role for Sads :D

pineapple stu
19/06/2007, 6:41 PM
Thats the bit that scares me. PLenty of others have promised the same. I'd be afraid if he doesn't get it soon he'd be off.

The rest of it reads great though "long term plans"
Was thinking the same. Sounds just like what Seery/Ollie Byrne/Hoey have promised over the past couple of seasons.

Risteard
19/06/2007, 8:18 PM
Isn't Kelleher based in the States or London or somewhere?
And on an aside is Gerardine a boys name?

Dodge
19/06/2007, 10:25 PM
Isn't Kelleher based in the States or London or somewhere?

He's head of a multinational building firm. His biggest job is in Chicago, but his residence is in Dublin

The people assigned to the board are all top of their fields, so its highly promising

pateen
20/06/2007, 11:39 AM
Man Id be jealous of a bord like that. Well done pats

Never mind the begrudgers

swano
11/07/2007, 2:15 PM
Only seeing this now but it's a great appointment for Pats. Sadlier is a smart guy who has coached football as well as working on the agent side of things. Plenty of links to Kerr through football and through Fintan Drury who represents Kerr and Sadlier used to work for his sports communications business.