PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Vs. UCD

Pages : [1] 2

feo123
18/06/2007, 8:58 PM
Friday night, away to UCD, cant beat bohs and shams and then go up and lose to teams like UCD (no offence). on the back of saturday night theres no real reason why we cant bring another good away support, the team are improoving and im loving some of the football we've played in the last 2 games. if we play to our best abilitly we'll win on friday night. no worries there IMO. it'll be tight though, very difficult place to go and they'll battle away for 90 minutes and there on the back of a nice we away win aswell in the cup, even if it was against non leaguers, they done well.
raf and foy will be back, will find it tough to leave players out after saturday though, we'll get the points i think, 1-0 rovers

pineapple stu
18/06/2007, 9:04 PM
Could be a good game actually. Sligo were playing some nice stuff on the video against Rovers, and we've only lost once since losing to youz back in April. We owe you one for that too!

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 10:02 PM
If you have a **** left back ye're ****ed.

feo123
18/06/2007, 10:14 PM
why's that? if ye have 2 class centre halves ye're ****ed

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 10:19 PM
why's that? if ye have 2 class centre halves ye're ****ed
Nice logic.

If you have a crap left back our right wing will run rings around him.

Schumi
18/06/2007, 10:19 PM
if ye have 2 class centre halves ye're fckued
Oh ****. :D

feo123
18/06/2007, 10:21 PM
Oh ****. :D

if ye had terry and ferdinand judge and faz would still make bits out of ye. mark my words.....never mind my 1-0, 3-0 rovers judge with 2 and faz with the other. also, ye're just f****d down ye're left, seamie coleman is best right full in the world

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 10:56 PM
if ye had terry and ferdinand judge and faz would still make bits out of ye. mark my words.....never mind my 1-0, 3-0 rovers judge with 2 and faz with the other. also, ye're just f****d down ye're left, seamie coleman is best right full in the world
I wish we were playing a **** team like Barca.

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:05 PM
dont worry im sure they'll try to keep it down to a respectable scoreline.
seriosuly though, those 3 in particular are really starting to shine
who's the right winger?

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:10 PM
who's the right winger?
Conan Byrne. Our best player this season without doubt.

Will Turner still be dropped?

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:19 PM
Conan Byrne. Our best player this season without doubt.

Will Turner still be dropped?

turner won't be playing. don't know what the craic is if he's still even training or whatever. will be more or less the same team as saturday night, with raff to come in id say and possibly foy. think we have a full squad to choose from bar turner?
do ye get much of a crowd, no?

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:23 PM
do ye get much of a crowd, no?
Our average this year is 758, although there has been a considerable difference between the crowds we've gotten for Dublin games compared to games against country teams. I'd say there will be 500 plus whatever ye bring.

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:26 PM
Our average this year is 758, although there has been a considerable difference between the crowds we've gotten for Dublin games compared to games against country teams. I'd say there will be 500 plus whatever ye bring.

about 100 MAX id say we'll have.
is yer man still barred?

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:32 PM
is yer man still barred?
Yeah but he can't go to games on Fridays anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:34 PM
so basically we have to watch out for sammon, byrne, who else?

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:41 PM
so basically we have to watch out for sammon, byrne, who else?
Sammo and the two Byrnes are our main attacking threat. Is it just Faz and Judge for you?

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:45 PM
Sammo and the two Byrnes are our main attacking threat. Is it just Faz and Judge for you?

no...coleman, cash, hughes, manson, cretaro re the attacking threat.
even though coleman is a right back, he takes at least 3 or 4 runs past defenders each game. depends whos playing out of the above mentioned aswell

Midgit
20/06/2007, 5:16 PM
no...coleman, cash, hughes, manson, cretaro are the attacking threat as well.

You have just named all of our attacking players:D:D Don't get carried away there Feo.......

Mannson an attacking threat.....:D
It wasn't mentioned much after the Shams game but Manson did have a poor game the other night. He gave the ball away cheaply and for the Shams opener Manson played a miss-placed pass to a shams player who then broke down the wing and crossed for the goal. Manson didn't even bother to make an effort to put him under pressure and he picked out his cross with minimum of ease.

It seemed every time he got the ball there was a moan from the fans. YES he did improve when moved to the right but he missed a sitter at the death. He has seemed to have had plenty of similar chances to this one and he has squandered every one. Bohs away comes to mind.

Foy and Raf would be higher in the pecking order than manson at the minute.

feo123
20/06/2007, 11:45 PM
You have just named all of our attacking players:D:D Don't get carried away there Feo.......

Mannson an attacking threat.....:D
It wasn't mentioned much after the Shams game but Manson did have a poor game the other night. He gave the ball away cheaply and for the Shams opener Manson played a miss-placed pass to a shams player who then broke down the wing and crossed for the goal. Manson didn't even bother to make an effort to put him under pressure and he picked out his cross with minimum of ease.

It seemed every time he got the ball there was a moan from the fans. YES he did improve when moved to the right but he missed a sitter at the death. He has seemed to have had plenty of similar chances to this one and he has squandered every one. Bohs away comes to mind.

Foy and Raf would be higher in the pecking order than manson at the minute.

for a start, if you call that a sitter, you may aswell call any missed shot that too.
he gave the ball away about 3-4 times. every other time he done it simple, back inside to the front 2, or to hughes or o'grady. he has just become another player that people like to moan about. now faz is everyones favourite again, no one picks on him, so they might aswell choose someone else. if he does something good all people say is 'about feckin time', if he does something bad, they just shout at him. he's a good player, they all are. just annoys me when a player is singelled out when he's actually not doing too badly, just one of those players who's an easy target for people, dosnt look hard.....just because he dosnt go flying into every single tackle dosnt mean he sh1t either. do you see beckham, ronaldinho, messi, ronaldo throwin themselves into tackles? critisism is good for any player sometimes, but constant critism is just wrong. goals will come for him aswell.
it was faz last year, this year it started with choice, now he's gone it's manson

SligoBrewer
21/06/2007, 5:58 PM
for a start, if you call that a sitter, you may aswell call any missed shot that too.
he gave the ball away about 3-4 times. every other time he done it simple, back inside to the front 2, or to hughes or o'grady. he has just become another player that people like to moan about. now faz is everyones favourite again, no one picks on him, so they might aswell choose someone else. if he does something good all people say is 'about feckin time', if he does something bad, they just shout at him. he's a good player, they all are. just annoys me when a player is singelled out when he's actually not doing too badly, just one of those players who's an easy target for people, dosnt look hard.....just because he dosnt go flying into every single tackle dosnt mean he sh1t either. do you see beckham, ronaldinho, messi, ronaldo throwin themselves into tackles? critisism is good for any player sometimes, but constant critism is just wrong. goals will come for him aswell.
it was faz last year, this year it started with choice, now he's gone it's manson

great post there feo.

DmanDmythDledge
21/06/2007, 6:12 PM
Feo with all your hyping of Coleman you left out that he might not be playing !

SligoBrewer
21/06/2007, 6:20 PM

its not hyping dman..

its the truth:)

feo123
21/06/2007, 8:15 PM

who told ya that? was talking to him an hour ago. he's playing, dont worry

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 8:29 PM
It's true. He might not be playing. Fitness test tomorrow, according to all the previews.

feo123
21/06/2007, 8:36 PM
ha...yeah, go ahead and believe all the previews. according to them manson is definatly out. i'll refer you to these posts when both him and coleman are in the startin 11

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 8:43 PM
No one ever said Coleman is out. They said he might be out. That can't be disproven.

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 8:53 PM
Fire ahead.

feo123
21/06/2007, 9:13 PM
hey lads, this is seamie....im definatly playing tomorrow night

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 9:15 PM
Just don't tweak your hamstring reaching for the remote tonight, Séamie.

feo123
21/06/2007, 9:16 PM
seamies gone now to get some rest

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 9:25 PM
God, you mean there's two people as unhumorous as each other in that town?

Or do you have each other on your ignore lists?

feo123
21/06/2007, 9:27 PM
what you on about? im awful funny

pineapple stu
21/06/2007, 9:29 PM
An accountant?!

feo123
21/06/2007, 9:31 PM
what about an accountant? your making no sense now. and you call yuorself a student

sligoman
21/06/2007, 10:10 PM
Manson is definitely not out. Need proof UCDD fans, check my bebo:p.

feo123
21/06/2007, 10:38 PM
i text him earlier, he's definatly playing. dont heed any previews, they probably just guess them!
we should get 3 points....havnt kept a clean sheet since the last UCD game so one tomorrow night is well over due and if we keep a clean sheet i think we'll win, becuase i think we will score. but who knows this season

sligoman
21/06/2007, 10:39 PM
I expect us to win too. We seem to be hitting form(long overdue mind), hope we don't slip up now.

Redzer
22/06/2007, 8:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Turner is playing. I've heard all is not what it seems with the Bohs.

gustavo
22/06/2007, 8:49 AM
i text him earlier, he's definatly playing. dont heed any previews, they probably just guess them!
we should get 3 points....havnt kept a clean sheet since the last UCD game so one tomorrow night is well over due and if we keep a clean sheet i think we'll win, becuase i think we will score. but who knows this season
The team news on the site comes straight from the club P.R.O

red bellied
22/06/2007, 11:05 AM
Heard Turner is on the bench tonight.

dublinred
22/06/2007, 2:53 PM
Something weird going on with the weather in Dublin at the moment its nearly dark up here.

1 9 2 8
22/06/2007, 9:06 PM
2-0 Rovers we've moved up to 6th in the league

gustavo
22/06/2007, 10:00 PM
Turner played and had a hand in both goals according to reports.

Red4Eva
22/06/2007, 10:06 PM
Turner played and had a hand in both goals according to reports.

involved in a nasty clash of heads too. hopefully cookie was satisfied with his effort in training and felt he was still commited.he came on for faz

SligoBrewer
22/06/2007, 10:32 PM
just saw the 2 goals there on tv3 news.. nice finish from judge.

the 1st goal was very well worked and well finished

DmanDmythDledge
22/06/2007, 11:26 PM
Fair play to the Sligo fan who chanted "Where's your Bulmers gone, where's your Bulmers gone" at me

feo123
23/06/2007, 12:17 AM
another good win. nice bit of form at the minute. any footy played was by us really. ogrady and hughes were very good again and controlled the midfield. hope faz's injury isnt too bad, he probably shouldnt have played at all beacuse it was heavily strapped and after 2 minutes he was limping. turner worked hard and never gave up. had a hand in both goals aswell, class from judge again for his, he really is a quality footballer. hughes done well for his goal aswell, nice to see him score again.
good result, 3 wins on the bounce, and finally a clean sheet again, first since the last UCD game.....thats another positive!

feo123
23/06/2007, 12:21 AM
ha...yeah, go ahead and believe all the previews. according to them manson is definatly out. i'll refer you to these posts when both him and coleman are in the startin 11

:cool:

DmanDmythDledge
23/06/2007, 12:22 AM
:cool:
i never said he wouldn't be starting

pineapple stu
23/06/2007, 12:22 AM
Doesn't prove that at the time, he might have been out. ;)