PDA

View Full Version : Wexford V Limerick (Replay) Predections

L37Ultra
18/06/2007, 2:20 PM
What Do you think the score of the Cup replay will be?

bellavistaman
18/06/2007, 2:25 PM
we will lose 1-0:mad:

:D:D brilliant!

passinginterest
18/06/2007, 2:27 PM
we will lose 1-0:mad:

I agree. 1-0 to Wexford. We're only getting stronger, the trimmed down squad and the end of the experimentation period means we're going to go from strenght to strenght. :ball:

L37Ultra
18/06/2007, 2:28 PM
2-1 to limerick , dont be negative!! :D

L37Ultra
18/06/2007, 2:42 PM
i will be i have had abbuse after abuse off you

If thats the most of ur worries ur a lucky boy!! wait till they get u in wexford :D joke!! ;)!! Can we keep this thread for football matters not our little arguments!! :D

shelbourne1904
18/06/2007, 3:35 PM
What will the Limerick team be??

passinginterest
18/06/2007, 3:37 PM
What will the Limerick team be??

Defeated and demoralised.

I hope. :D

shelbourne1904
18/06/2007, 3:41 PM
Defeated and demoralised.

I hope. :D

NOT WITH PAT BACK:D

L37Ultra
18/06/2007, 3:53 PM
NOT WITH PAT BACK:D

Ye def wont beat Limerick with Purcell back!! I heard Keady is unavailable!! is Moran back from injury?

Lim till i die
18/06/2007, 4:28 PM
1-0 Wexford

bellawestlifeman do you not think you should be a little bit more concerned about the arse falling out of your season/club??

L37Ultra
18/06/2007, 4:34 PM
1-0 Wexford

bellawestlifeman do you not think you should be a little bit more concerned about the arse falling out of your season/club??

4-1 against douglas hall and now your stand has to be knocked down cause they built it too high!! :D! Bad week in cobh if i must say ;)

Battery Rover
18/06/2007, 11:02 PM
i dont think it will be a joke come tomorrow night.i feel im in for a beating so i might be better off staying away from the singers this time

Just look on the positive side. The few slaps they will give you will warm you up down there so no need for the extra layers of clothing:D:)

Back on topic. Best of luck tomorrow night lads as I have free weekends now we are out and will be looking for my football fix cup weekends.

thelimerick
18/06/2007, 11:11 PM
I'm confident of a Limerick win, i'm sure the wexford lads will be exhausted from all the running they're doing in training! False dawns wexford fans, get used to them!!

topfan
19/06/2007, 9:13 PM
1-0 win good result:) looking forward to cup draw.....Any news on how they played?Starting eleven?

Monkfish
19/06/2007, 9:41 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/222-02.html

Exellent result, maybe the lads concentrated on the football instead of the 'social mags' this week.

abbeyvale
19/06/2007, 9:44 PM
Exellent result, maybe the lads concentrated on the football instead of the 'social mags' this week.

Davey Wall with the winner

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 1:10 AM
I was in wexford!! ye didnt miss much lads!! Miserable weather, overall in my opinion Wexford dominated the first half but Limerick deserved the win in the end as they defended reasonably well consider the poor conditions!! The main thing is we are through to the next round!! Only bad thing is Molan went off injured in the first half!!

Limerick Team:
Dave Ryan
Peter White
Conor Molan (Paul Danaher)
Paul Finucane
Paddy Purcell
Joey Maloney
Davy Wall
Anthony Hayes
Ross Cosgrave (Sheehen)
Kevin Waters
Padraig Moran (Peter McCarthy)

bellavistaman
20/06/2007, 7:46 AM
4-1 against douglas hall and now your stand has to be knocked down cause they built it too high!! :D! Bad week in cobh if i must say ;)

Still dunno if thats true what a disaster it would be if it was, our season could pick up massively with a result, sadly if we lose, things could go horribly wroong. Good result to Wexford lads, is it always miserable and sh1tty weather down there or what?

leather
20/06/2007, 10:56 AM
Cant believe danagher is actually getting a game with lfc37.. have seen him play youths and seen him training... there are better players around .. probably a good bloke but defo not up to e/l standard

clownboy
20/06/2007, 12:16 PM
Cant believe danagher is actually getting a game with lfc37.. have seen him play youths and seen him training... there are better players around .. probably a good bloke but defo not up to e/l standard

All those 'better players' that are around should go up and give it a go and see how they get on Like Paul Danagher did .Instead of staying in the comfort zone with there Junior clubs and thinking they are legends because they are scoring 20 goals a season.I dont think anybody has ever been stopped Trying out with any Limerick Senior team in the past or present.Fair play to the likes of Danagher for giving it a go and doing well.To be honest these so called 'better players ' dont't want to play at a higher level for one reason or another.

leather
20/06/2007, 12:20 PM
Not questioning his pluck for giving it a go
questioning his ability at that level..

clownboy
20/06/2007, 12:24 PM
Fair enough ..But who are the better players around ..and how do you know they are better if they have not tried it that level.To be honest i don't see him displacing any of the current defenders but he will do as cover which is all he has been doing anyway AFAIK

leather
20/06/2007, 1:37 PM
I was commenting on what his ability was when playing youth, youth representitive and junior football. got away with alot at those levels due to his size and aggresion.. have seen him in higher level training on seperate occasions and in my opinion he was exposed .... i am not saying that he would not make a decent junior player, but that would be hi level imo..Mc Garry is a better player(question marks about attitude) dunphy the same, Colm enright a far better player but seems happy were he is..

joeSoap
20/06/2007, 2:41 PM
I remarked earlier about Enright. If he had another few inches on him, he would be well up there with the best in the EL first division.

declan hide
20/06/2007, 3:06 PM
I was in wexford!! ye didnt miss much lads!! Miserable weather, overall in my opinion Wexford dominated the first half but Limerick deserved the win in the end as they defended reasonably well consider the poor conditions!! The main thing is we are through to the next round!! Only bad thing is Molan went off injured in the first half!!

Limerick Team:
Dave Ryan
Peter White
Conor Molan (Paul Danaher)
Paul Finucane
Paddy Purcell
Joey Maloney
Davy Wall
Anthony Hayes
Ross Cosgrave (Sheehen)
Kevin Waters
Padraig Moran (Peter McCarthy)

where were chucka and golbey?

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 6:57 PM
where were chucka and golbey?

Someone at the match said chuka was working but not sure and Goldbey's injured isnt he? :confused:

Lim till i die
20/06/2007, 9:23 PM
In a word we were: CRAP

I can even think of a way to best describe just how pi$$ poor Wexford Youths are. Absolutely hopeless, they actually gave us some laugh out loud moments of incompetence.

If we want to go anywhere we should be hopping the likes of them with ease

The worrying thing is that we're not looking a whole lot better

Danagher and White, fairplay to them but not good enough.

Backup needs to be signed and kicks up the hole need to be handed out.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Lim till i die
20/06/2007, 9:38 PM
i thought white played well in center mid

Are you serious??

They could have driven a stagecoach through the middle of the field if Wexford weren't so utterly, utterly hopeless

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 10:44 PM
ya but he played well against that.i know he wont be good against teams like dundalk but against wexford and kilkenny,monaghan etc he will be okay

but what good is having a player who is only good against the likes of wexford, kilkenny, shelbourne :D etc... we need players, even back up players, who can comptete against the likes of Dundalk and cobh if we are going anywhere!! I no its probably a case of being over-ambitious it is the clubs first season after all, but we were shocking last night!!

Lim till i die
20/06/2007, 11:04 PM
i dont expect us to do anything this season,and i would advise ye lads to think the same for the time being

Small time

A playoff place is there for the taking if we want it enough

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 11:06 PM
ya exactly its over ambitious.but do you not think ski knows this.i mean the transfer window hasnt even opened yet.we have signed an experienced back up defender as far as i know.dont you think we have done very well so far this season.i dont expect us to do anything this season,and i would advise ye lads to think the same for the time being

I no negativity will get us no were!! Who is this experienced defender?

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 11:20 PM
so you think that we can hold off the challenges off athlone and harps.cause i am still scared from last year.[ya i know its a different club but i still dont expect us to do it.HOPE IM PROVED WRONG OF COURSE!!

U cannot compare this season to last year!! everybody in the club this year is in it for football reasons unlike last year!! ya we were doing well at the start of last year and ur afaird it will all fall apart again!! i guarentee u it wouldnt because everyone is in it for the football not for the money (without naming names)

Lim till i die
20/06/2007, 11:46 PM
so you think that we can hold off the challenges off athlone and harps.cause i am still scared from last year.[ya i know its a different club but i still dont expect us to do it.HOPE IM PROVED WRONG OF COURSE!!

Why Not??

Harps will be a danger

Athlone are managed by a clown

We already have the best back four in the division

After the break we will have a competitive midfield and frontline

L37Ultra
20/06/2007, 11:51 PM
Why Not??

Harps will be a danger

Athlone are managed by a clown

We already have the best back four in the division

I agree!! All the players need is the right attitude and self-believe!! and if they go into games against weaker teams thinking they have it already won, they will not put in any effort and lose!! i feel after beating wexford 3-0 they got complacent and thats the reason they drew the second time!! im sure ski will sort it out, if my view is true!!

Lim till i die
20/06/2007, 11:58 PM
cobh have a better back four;)

No they don't............

Lim till i die
21/06/2007, 12:24 AM
they do........

Look I know you're only a kid but take my word for it

Man for man we're better

4tothefloor
21/06/2007, 1:44 AM
More competitive yes, but our frontline will still be missing the vital ingredient in Division 1 - a target man who can hold up the ball and win everything in the air. Until we get one of those, we ain't going up in my opinion. Just look at a certain striker at Dundalk and formerly of Dublin City ;)

Robbie, Colbert and possibly Derek McCarthy will be great additions but none will offer any physical presence worth talking about :ball: Hartnett and Sweeney for midfield would do nicely as well.....

bellavistaman
21/06/2007, 7:55 AM
Look I know you're only a kid but take my word for it

Man for man we're better

Dunno about that lad, but dont know all your players individually so wont comment, you takling in terms of of squad or staring 11. We have a very strong 11 if we have everybody fit.

Battery Rover
21/06/2007, 8:53 AM
oh cant tell you that.top secret:cool::p

As long as it isn't the experienced ex Athlone Town defender Tom Silke (the defender who can't head a ball) who was rumoured to be training with you it will benefit the team.

Ski apparently has a scout in Athlone looking for players:eek:

uncle fweddy
21/06/2007, 10:10 AM
I agree!! All the players need is the right attitude and self-believe!! and if they go into games against weaker teams thinking they have it already won, they will not put in any effort and lose!! i feel after beating wexford 3-0 they got complacent and thats the reason they drew the second time!! im sure ski will sort it out, if my view is true!!
We have MAYBE? 3 of the best 4 defenders in the division at the moment
Chucka is nowhere near a full back.
He can't attack,Gets caught in possession a good lot of the time,never can get a clean clearance in ,its always half blocked.Granted he got a couple of goals recently and well done to the lad, but we are being limited going forward on the left with him as full back.

joeSoap
21/06/2007, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the mad house Uncle Fweddy..........

uncle fweddy
21/06/2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks Joe
I'm enjoying the feelgood factor surrounding the club
Its the first time since the late eighties it feels like a proper club to support.Well done to all involved putting in the work plus the fans who make the noise on the friday nights keep it up .

Treaty Gooner
21/06/2007, 12:11 PM
And from football365.com....

The Numbers Game
If the following is anything to go by, the BBC website are still struggling with the fact that a football club is named Limerick 37.

'FAICS2R: FT Waterford 4-1 Tolka Rovers
'FAICS2R: FT Wexford Youths 0-37 Limerick'

The actual score was a much less exciting 0-1, incidentally. But given that we've now seen the Beeb do this at least a dozen times, we have to ask: how would they cope with 1860 Munich?

Treaty Gooner
21/06/2007, 2:35 PM
Cheers lads, I've been enjoyin the back and forth with the israeli palestinian debate and then the old vs young debate so thought I'd stick in a neutral comment to keep everyone happy!

joeSoap
21/06/2007, 3:02 PM
Neutrality isn't welcomed here Gooner.........get off the fence!!;) :D

Lim till i die
21/06/2007, 3:19 PM
Ski apparently has a scout in Athlone looking for players

:eek:

thought I'd stick in a neutral comment to keep everyone happy!

Think you'll find the neutral comments actually make no one happy ;)

Chucka is nowhere near a full back.
He can't attack,Gets caught in possession a good lot of the time,never can get a clean clearance in ,its always half blocked.Granted he got a couple of goals recently and well done to the lad, but we are being limited going forward on the left with him as full back.

So it's settled then Chuka is the one who'll be picked on this year........