PDA

View Full Version : Your Secret Shame

Pages : [1] 2

Dodge
18/06/2007, 1:48 PM
Right, first of all I'd like to point out what a great name for a band "Your secret shame" is.

Secondly, I should point out that my musical tastes would be more poppy than most posters here (but I'd class stuff like The Jam as pop, not the boyband derivatives)

BUT has anybody got a song they love even though they know its rubbish. Mine is considered a terrible song. Its Don't Stop Believin' by Journey It plays a big part in the end of the Sopranos, so I've spoilered it but since that I can't get it out of my head, and gone so far as to download an album just for that track. I've heard it before and I think I may have even liked it before but since that scene I've played it non stop

Joking about it in work, a bloke (who's in a fairly heavy rock band) has the secret shame of Right on Time, the early 90s housey dance song (can't think of "artist"). He attaches it to a memory.

I'm sure there's a fair few of you out there who love a particular piece of cheesey music for a variety of reasons (first love, first ride, scene in a movie, football related) so please feel free to get the burnden of shame of your shulders, and reveal it to the foot.ie world. We swear we won't tell anyone...

BohsPartisan
18/06/2007, 1:50 PM
More than a feeling - Boston

the 12 th man
18/06/2007, 2:03 PM
Desert Moon (is this the train?) Denis de Young:o

gustavo
18/06/2007, 2:12 PM
must be something about this time of year
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=26486
Mine would probably be Dragostea din tei - Ozone

superfrank
18/06/2007, 2:13 PM
A Little Respect by Erasure

Dodge
18/06/2007, 2:21 PM
must be something about this time of year
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=26486

LOL, reading those threads there's a few of those I'd have on my mp3 player

Anto McC
18/06/2007, 3:04 PM
One of my favorite songs of all time is Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklyn. Does that count?

BohsPartisan
18/06/2007, 3:05 PM
One of my favorite songs of all time is Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklyn. Does that count?

No way, thats a classic in my book.

Lionel Ritchie
18/06/2007, 3:46 PM
I've always loved Marguerita Time by Status Quo ...there aren't many songs out there able to boast they made half a band leave in protest at their release. :D

paul_oshea
18/06/2007, 3:51 PM
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

great song, what is wrong with liking that? More than a feeling is another classic, really uplifting. So is rainbow since you've been gone. Don't stop beleiving reminds me of a holiday in america it came on just at the right time....

gilberto_eire
18/06/2007, 4:40 PM
Right, first of all I'd like to point out what a great name for a band "Your secret shame" is.

Secondly, I should point out that my musical tastes would be more poppy than most posters here (but I'd class stuff like The Jam as pop, not the boyband derivatives)

BUT has anybody got a song they love even though they know its rubbish. Mine is considered a terrible song. Its Don't Stop Believin' by Journey It plays a big part in the end of the Sopranos, so I've spoilered it but since that I can't get it out of my head, and gone so far as to download an album just for that track. I've heard it before and I think I may have even liked it before but since that scene I've played it non stop

Joking about it in work, a bloke (who's in a fairly heavy rock band) has the secret shame of Right on Time, the early 90s housey dance song (can't think of "artist"). He attaches it to a memory.

I'm sure there's a fair few of you out there who love a particular piece of cheesey music for a variety of reasons (first love, first ride, scene in a movie, football related) so please feel free to get the burnden of shame of your shulders, and reveal it to the foot.ie world. We swear we won't tell anyone...

dodge you living in ireland??.... i downloaded the last few episiodes of beashare got to the 3rd last one ''the second coming'' and cant get it got all the others fairly fast have the last two here waiting to watch, there are as many options of the ''the second coming'' to download then the rest all with loads of sharers but its just not downloading...been waiting days now and getting sick of waiting...if your living here can you tell me how you saw it?! thanks

Dodge
18/06/2007, 6:23 PM
Downloaded via a well known tv torrents site. Watched it last Monday. Best ending ever...

finlma
18/06/2007, 6:25 PM
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance.

It's oh so embarrasing that I like that song.

SkStu
18/06/2007, 7:09 PM
More than a feeling - Boston

quality tune. Reminds me of this quality scene from Scrubs. :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=batiN0YNfos

stann
18/06/2007, 10:21 PM
Joking about it in work, a bloke (who's in a fairly heavy rock band) has the secret shame of Right on Time, the early 90s housey dance song (can't think of "artist").

Black Box IIRC, 'Ride On Time'?

I don't have any secretly shameful tunes. If anyone catches me listening to anything they might think is a bit embarrassing, then obviously I'm listening to it in a post-modern, ironic way.
Still like 'No Limits' by 2 Unlimited though. :o
'Techno! Techno! Techno! Techno!' :D

bellavistaman
19/06/2007, 8:07 AM
I've always loved Marguerita Time by Status Quo ...there aren't many songs out there able to boast they made half a band leave in protest at their release. :D

Dont be knockin Quo, there Legends. Nothin to be ashamed of!!

Wolfie
19/06/2007, 8:10 AM
Toxic - Britney Spears :o

That chorus just drilled its way into the cranium and refused to go...........

Should I shave my head in penance?

gustavo
19/06/2007, 8:48 AM
Toxic - Britney Spears :o

That chorus just drilled its way into the cranium and refused to go...........

Should I shave my head in penance?

Nah its a classic song , IMO a good song is a good song no matter who sings it .

Dodge
19/06/2007, 9:10 AM
Toxic is a brilliant pop song

gustavo
19/06/2007, 10:11 AM
Toxic is a brilliant pop song

It shouldn't even need to be qualified with the word pop.

Risteard
19/06/2007, 12:20 PM
I think Spaceman by Babylon Zoo has little credibility but one of my favourite songs.
A better idea for your secret shame would be songs you had and loved but eventually copped on to the fact it was crap like everyone else.

Wolfie
19/06/2007, 12:30 PM
I think Spaceman by Babylon Zoo has little credibility but one of my favourite songs.
A better idea for your secret shame would be songs you had and loved but eventually copped on to the fact it was crap like everyone else.

The band "Dodgy" fall into that category for me currently. They had a few decent singles but I thought they were the absolute Dogs during the 90's. Listened to the "Ace A's and Killer B's" compilation a while back.

I was wrong. :(

Bluebeard
19/06/2007, 1:21 PM
I will happily admit to having an Adam and the Ants Hits CD I bought in the last three years

Stand and Deliv-ahhhh!

Calcio Jack
19/06/2007, 3:03 PM
Video Killed the Radio star by The Buggles... not sure whether it was the chorus or the look of the girls singing it that got me hooked

Lionel Ritchie
19/06/2007, 3:53 PM

Anyone remember the tall, long dark haired russian girl in the advert that launched that song?

She was 13!!!

As Peter Griffin'd say ..."Sweet Screamin' Statutory!!!"

Magicme
19/06/2007, 4:09 PM
Sugababes is my secret shame. Bought their "greatest hits" collection there recently. Have to say their first single "Overload" is one of my fav pop songs of all times.

When myself and the girlies go on our footie roadtrips it always gets an airing, we have probably driven through your town singing along at the top of our voices at some stage!

Risteard
19/06/2007, 7:25 PM
Anyone remember the tall, long dark haired russian girl in the advert that launched that song?

She was 13!!!

As Peter Griffin'd say ..."Sweet Screamin' Statutory!!!"
Where'd you hear that?

onenilgameover
19/06/2007, 10:31 PM
This Corrosion- Sisters of Mercy....I know I should be ashamed but I'm not.

noby
20/06/2007, 7:17 AM
Adam Ant? Buggles? Where's the shame?

Bluebeard
20/06/2007, 10:55 AM
This Corrosion- Sisters of Mercy
That is a badge of honour in my book!

PS Thanks for the support Noby!

The Good Son
20/06/2007, 11:18 AM
That is a badge of honour in my book!

I must agree with Bluebeard here, great song. I remember they did a 'secret' gig in Henry's around the time when they would've normally be playing Point sized venues. It was so secret the place was jammed.

DaveyCakes
25/06/2007, 11:38 AM
This Corrosion- Sisters of Mercy....I know I should be ashamed but I'm not.

Why in the name of God should you be ashamed...The 4th best song on the greatest album ever recorded!

DaveyCakes
25/06/2007, 11:40 AM
BTW, my secret shame is "Around the World" by ATC

Lionel Ritchie
25/06/2007, 1:35 PM
Where'd you hear that?

A DJ buddy told me at the time. I've never had reason to doubt him, or any other DJ for that matter ...well okay maybe Fat Boy Slim ...but my source is sound. Imagine -that lass is only 24 now!!

g5TXolwA7cE

DaveyCakes
25/06/2007, 3:00 PM
I don't remember that ad at all..I thought it was in black and white..maybe that was the video for the song.

Bluebeard
26/06/2007, 9:02 AM
A DJ buddy told me at the time. I've never had reason to doubt him, or any other DJ for that matter ...well okay maybe Fat Boy Slim ...but my source is sound. Imagine -that lass is only 24 now!!

g5TXolwA7cE

They weren't like that in first year in the Mercy:eek:

Lionel Ritchie
26/06/2007, 9:12 AM
I don't remember that ad at all..I thought it was in black and white..maybe that was the video for the song.

I'm pretty sure you can't get pop videos broadcast (on terrestrial TV at least) that zoom in on the Levis tag on a teenagers @rse.
Joss Stone has probably tried it ...in fairness she did try to stick an ad for ipods in one of her songs.

That Spaceman song is a bit of a dirge once it kicks in actually. Sounds a bit like Duran Duran trying to be "hard rock ...man"

joema
08/07/2007, 10:58 PM
Dont Stop Believing by Journey is mine too!..Girlfriend is a big fan of it too :o :o
I'd be fairly into my pop too, just looking through my my music folder now and have found quite a few:

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone, Complicated
Fergie - Big Girls Dont Cry
Cascada
Dixie Chicks
George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
Girls Aloud - probobly all their singles
Hellogoodbye - Here In Your Arms
James Blunt
Jessica Simpson - Public Affair :o
JoJo - Too Little Too Late
Kelly Clarkson album
Sugababes
The Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom etc..

SÓC
08/07/2007, 11:08 PM
Kelly Clarkson album
Sugababes

Both pure quality! Always near the top of my play lists

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 9:00 AM
Kelly clarkson- Legend. See her the weekend shes after getting huge!!

Pauro 76
10/07/2007, 8:21 PM
I have to admit some of Justin Timberlake's songs are really good. Damn him. Think Sugababes have some pretty good tracks too.....

Lim till i die
10/07/2007, 8:27 PM
Blink 182

Fcukin decent band, I don't care what anyone says :)

joema
10/07/2007, 8:28 PM
I have to admit some of Justin Timberlake's songs are really good. Damn him. Think Sugababes have some pretty good tracks too.....

Yeah some of Timberlakeas stuff is quality alright. Not ashamed of admitting that :)

Magicme
11/07/2007, 8:36 AM
Am sorta on the Justin train too. Somewhat decent pop.

Also have always loved Nelly Furtado.

OneRedArmy
11/07/2007, 9:03 AM
Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag and particularly their version of A Little Respect.

For shame....:o

Lionel Ritchie
11/07/2007, 9:48 AM
Am sorta on the Justin train too. Somewhat decent pop.

Also have always loved Nelly Furtado.

Though I can't stand 'Like a Bird' I always said I'd prefer if my hypothetical kid sister listened to NF than Britney, Pink, Aguilera, Avril etc...

...then she released the current album -which sounds very much like someone at the label said "Nelly love -time to start whippin' 'em out for the lads or you'll be dropping a division next time round".

Maneater and Promiscuous Girl sound like Janet Jackson B-sides.

Magicme
11/07/2007, 10:54 AM
The rest of the stuff on her Whoa Nelly album is great tho. Have lost my copy tho so havent listened in awhile.

I like the new stuff, great for drunken dancing in same vein as Sugababes in niteclub situation!

Risteard
11/07/2007, 12:53 PM
Folllo me,follo me down, down down down down,
ah duni deda duni de da baday,
follow me down, follow me down down down,
ah duni deda duni de da baday,
folome folome folome down down down down til ya see all my dreams.

NavanBohs
15/07/2007, 10:30 AM
Blink 182

Fcukin decent band, I don't care what anyone says :)

Yeah have to agree on that one, they just have some really simple catchy songs, I have all their albums since Dude Ranch up to their Greatest Hits :o

Yeah Im not gonna name much of what I listen to because yous would probably see about 90% of it as "shameful" :)

Bottle of Tonic
16/07/2007, 8:04 PM
Go onto the Sligo metalfest thread and click on the link someone has posted for having a laugh at death metal. It's all pictures of black metal bands in corpsepaint - gurning, swinging axes, growling etc. I'm familiar with quite a few of those pictures as they are from the cd inlays of many an album in my collection. Now that would be a secret shame for many a poster on this site I'd wager.
Check out the photo of the fat guy wearing no top, arms outstretched, the mock rage bursting out of him. Thats from Immortal's 'at the heart of winter' album. Its quite good.:cool: