PDA

View Full Version : The Football Association Of Ireland

A face
18/06/2007, 1:22 AM
Does anyone know if the Football Association Of Ireland (FAI), entrusted by the Irish public as purveyors of the game in the republic, respond to letters/emails sent to them regarding issues on domestic football.

Being the administrators of all things football, at all levels of the Irish game, would it not be normal protocol to acknowledge and respond to any communication from people who subscribe to, support and work with any of the representatives of the league and the sport under their jurisdiction.

Or do you just have to catch them at a good time, y'know .... between juckets and the like, or not on a Monday morning or late on a Friday evening, or not at a time when there is a 'big game' on in another country?

What does it actually take to get them to respond or is it just policy not to do so?

superfrank
18/06/2007, 8:29 AM
I imagine it's a form e-mail/letter job like most public organisations in this country. You know the ones where they respond to your initial e-mail whilst not addresing your querie and informing you that the person you asked doesn't actually know (they usually say "he/she is very busy" or "has a tiring schedule").

You'd probably get one for having the audacity to ask what time the offices at Merrion Square open at.

Titan
18/06/2007, 10:48 AM
What was yur question?

I shud be able to get you a name and a direct contact

A face
18/06/2007, 12:29 PM
What was yur question?

I shud be able to get you a name and a direct contact

It was a letter sent by CCOSC (Cork City Official Supporters Club) i dont exactly what was asked, but just that there was absolutely no reply what so ever to what was regarded as a fairly important issue.

Sure its probably destroyed with coffee ring stains and prawn cocktail sauce from the sandwiches at this stage.

OneRedArmy
18/06/2007, 12:36 PM
No offence Face, but if it was written in the same tedious and quite frankly childish manner as the ridiculous thread you started on unpunished transgressions then I can't blame the FAI in not responding.

Although at the least I would expect a standard "we are looking into your matter, thanks for your feedback"-type reply, followed by absolute silence.

A face
18/06/2007, 12:58 PM
No offence Face, but if it was written in the same tedious and quite frankly childish manner as the ridiculous thread you started on unpunished transgressions then I can't blame the FAI in not responding.

Although at the least I would expect a standard "we are looking into your matter, thanks for your feedback"-type reply, followed by absolute silence.

Ahh, it wasn't me that wrote it ORA.

BohsFans
18/06/2007, 2:36 PM
I know someone who sent in a letter by registered post to Delaney, re referees last season (the peno in Drogheda, the goal in Bray and the goal against Drogheda).

He got a reply as well!

CharlesThompson
18/06/2007, 2:46 PM
What kind of reply?... details...

BohsFans
18/06/2007, 2:48 PM
What kind of reply?... details...

Im trying to get him to put it up on our mb asap.

Dodge
18/06/2007, 2:56 PM
I heard the FAI employs some Polish lad to destroy any letters that come in with a Cork postal stamp. Quite right too.

superfrank
18/06/2007, 3:06 PM
I heard the FAI employs some Polish lad to destroy any letters that come in with a Cork postal stamp. Quite right too.
Maybe he just doesn't like Soupy Norman.

Paraic
18/06/2007, 3:23 PM
I know someone who sent in a letter by registered post to Delaney, re referees last season (the peno in Drogheda, the goal in Bray and the goal against Drogheda).

He got a reply as well!

this is not a once off - a friend of mine on applying for the Irish job back in the pre-Charlton days (citing his experience with under age teams) got a reply from the late PJ O'Driscoll thanking him for his application and advising that he wasn't qualified enough to be considered - he still has the letter!

A face
18/06/2007, 4:20 PM
this is not a once off - a friend of mine on applying for the Irish job back in the pre-Charlton days (citing his experience with under age teams) got a reply from the late PJ O'Driscoll thanking him for his application and advising that he wasn't qualified enough to be considered - he still has the letter!

So replies do actually exist so ..... what do you have to do to get one, without having to amend the letter too much from its original state. Do you just have to mention that "you lot are doing a brilliant job" several times throughout the letter or what?

A face
18/06/2007, 4:23 PM

That would actually explain alot though, you might just well be onto something there.

Student Mullet
18/06/2007, 4:43 PM
Whether you get an answer will depend on who you are and who you write to.

I've never known anyone to get a reply from writing to info (at) fai . ie but if you write to a particular person your chances of getting a reply increase.

Schumi
18/06/2007, 4:53 PM
I've never known anyone to get a reply from writing to info (at) fai . ie but if you write to a particular person your chances of getting a reply increase.
I got a reply once when I was asking for under 21 fixtures.

John83
18/06/2007, 5:46 PM
Nonsense. All such letters are destroyed by An Post at the Cork border.

Cosmo
18/06/2007, 7:06 PM
Whether you get an answer will depend on who you are and who you write to.

In fairness, the FAI dont know me from f*** but every time i've emailed the info address ive got a response -and ive done it a few times - always find them helpful and have usually got quick responses :)

pineapple stu
18/06/2007, 7:17 PM
They do know me from ****, and I've tended to get answers alright. But I wouldn't be surprised if they missed a few anyways.

soccerc
18/06/2007, 9:54 PM
In fairness, the FAI dont know me from f*** but every time i've emailed the info address ive got a response -and ive done it a few times - always find them helpful and have usually got quick responses :)

Cosmo, of course they know you!:p

Paddyfield
18/06/2007, 10:08 PM
Standing Roon Only, the now defunct Galway United fanzine, wrote to then England manager Graham Taylor to inform him that London born Jumbo Brennan was top scorer in the Irish first division and was eligible to play for England because he was born in England. This could have been the answer to England's goal drought!

A reply was recieved a week later from Taylor's PA saying "Mr Taylor thanks you for your recent correspondance and has taken note of the eligibility of Jumbo Brennan for England..."

Jumbo declared for Ireland but never got the call from Big Jack. :D