PDA

View Full Version : Winners or losers??

Shed End John
06/03/2003, 4:19 PM
Seeing as the new season is less than 6 weeks away and, in some quarters at least, the hype is building already, how do you rate City's chances this season? Will it be treble glory, or just a good Cup run and European football? League Champions or League Cup winners at best?

Neil
06/03/2003, 4:22 PM
I've been saying for ages that the one thing I want to see is for Cork City to build itself into a professional football club with proper business minded people behind the scenes.

This is what I hope Pat Dolan brings to CCFC.

If we happen to win a cup along the way, fair play!

Shed End John
06/03/2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I've been saying for ages that the one thing I want to see is for Cork City to build itself into a professional football club with proper business minded people behind the scenes.

This is what I hope Pat Dolan brings to CCFC.

If we happen to win a cup along the way, fair play!

I'm certain Dolan will bring that at a minimum, but, I'd like to see a bit more silverware making its home at the X. Winning the Championship, IMO, is beyond us this season, so I'd be looking to win either, or both, of the Cup competitions.

NorthoftheLee
06/03/2003, 4:29 PM
I'd be agreeing with SEJ here. Can't see us winning the league, place in Europe and a cup wouldn't be that bad at all.....

Shed End John
06/03/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
I'd be agreeing with SEJ here. Can't see us winning the league, place in Europe and a cup wouldn't be that bad at all.....

Considering we have a new manager AND the facy we're already down the country's best defensive midfielder (Reynolds), I'd have to say it's as much as we can expect, for now.

patsh
06/03/2003, 5:50 PM
A season for consolidation, getting the club structures right, team affairs more professional and a committed squad and fanbase.

That said, anything less that top 3 in the league and least last 8 in the cup would be extremely disappointing and may lead to a falling off in interest.

Dricky
07/03/2003, 7:10 AM
professional football is what we need the club will need a good stream of cash so to push for that top two placing and/or the FAI Cup would be needed to ensure that the club is self sufficient and not reliant on bank rolling

pete
07/03/2003, 12:16 PM
CCFC need the belief to win. May not happen over night but Dolan is bound to motivate the players & the club to succeed.

flynny
07/03/2003, 2:02 PM
In order for the club to come more professional it needs revenue and i think a good start to this campaign like last year could have massive effect cos we will have tv3 showing games froms the start of season and we would get good coverage then and i could see dolan herding everybody through the gates to full houses.

But i think we need 2 players at least of quality in key positions centre half and in the middle - we need to be challenging right to the end and take advantage of this sense of excitement dolan has created.............