PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

Pages : 1 [2]

superfrank
10/12/2007, 2:04 PM
Alonso back to Renault. Going to be an open championship next year. Three drivers with a realistic chance of winning it. Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton. Ferrari will probably get constructors as I see Massa being a stronger number two then McLaren's or Renault's.

John83
10/12/2007, 2:46 PM
Alonso back to Renault. Going to be an open championship next year. Three drivers with a realistic chance of winning it. Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton. Ferrari will probably get constructors as I see Massa being a stronger number two then McLaren's or Renault's.
Will Renault realistically have a championship quality car next year?

Schumi
10/12/2007, 3:01 PM
If they stole enough of Ferrari's design from McLaren, they could have a good car next year.

John83
10/12/2007, 3:07 PM
If they stole enough of Ferrari's design from McLaren, they could have a good car next year.
And when Ferrari rob it from them the year after, they'll be invincible, right? ;)

Cymro
10/12/2007, 3:22 PM

Depends on who McLaren sign. If they get Kovalainen and the car's as good as Ferrari, I can see a close battle for both championships. If Renault build a winning car Alonso may win the driver's crown, but I don't think Piquet will be good enough to help them to the constructors' title, at least not in his first season.

superfrank
10/12/2007, 7:50 PM
It was good enough for Alonso in 05 and 06.

Depends on who McLaren sign. If they get Kovalainen and the car's as good as Ferrari, I can see a close battle for both championships. If Renault build a winning car Alonso may win the driver's crown, but I don't think Piquet will be good enough to help them to the constructors' title, at least not in his first season.
I heard McLaren could be going for Rosberg or Kubica, both those need a bit more experience, imo.

Schumi
10/12/2007, 8:09 PM
Depends on who McLaren sign. If they get Kovalainen and the car's as good as Ferrari, I can see a close battle for both championships. If Renault build a winning car Alonso may win the driver's crown, but I don't think Piquet will be good enough to help them to the constructors' title, at least not in his first season.Piquet's been signed.

John83
11/12/2007, 11:00 AM
It was good enough for Alonso in 05 and 06.
Yes, but the 07 car was a dog. Compare Fisichella's performances for the various years and you'll see what I mean.

Schumi
11/12/2007, 12:32 PM
Yes, but the 07 car was a dog.So was McLaren's 06 car though. A lot can change in a year, if you play your cards right. ;)