PDA

View Full Version : a league of gentlemen

passerrby
17/06/2007, 11:48 AM
would just like to say that as usual everybody from monaghan has asked me to relay there thanks for the welcome they received by both the fans and board at fridays game both are a credit to the league..thanks again

Magicme
18/06/2007, 8:30 AM
Yes, I was worried that following my comments in the lead up to the game that I would not get out alive but I did (although was robbed - had to pay €24 for my 2 under 16s into the game! Shocking!)

Was proud that we gave you a game. Where was the "hammering" we were promised??? :D

lofty9
18/06/2007, 8:56 AM
Yes, I was worried that following my comments in the lead up to the game that I would not get out alive but I did (although was robbed - had to pay €24 for my 2 under 16s into the game! Shocking!)

Was proud that we gave you a game. Where was the "hammering" we were promised??? :D

I take it you didn't get through the changing room entrance then?

Sorry about the robbery, but with 1800 season ticket holders and tickets for sponsors they charge that rate for the remaining seats. The terracing end is free for under 14's with an adult but on a wet night that's not an option. I had to pay it for my kids too so it wasn't just the away support.

As for the hammering, ask Mark Farren what happened - 7 one on ones with the keeper - 1 disallowed and one scored - a poor night for him. I don't know how McCourt got man of the match though, your right back played well marking him, and your keeper played well.

Your number ten is a waste of space, he just wandered around all night and didn't put a tackle in. I didn't think you gave us much of a game to be honest and the effort of your players in the first half was terrible, giving our players far too much space. Your manager must have given them some rattling at half time as they then started to put a few tackles in. I thought you should have had a penalty though, so in that respect we were lucky enough.

Magicme
18/06/2007, 9:32 AM
Yeah we didnt play in first half alright. But we are soooo s**t at mo that was a great performance from us!

Agree with peno but didnt want to mention it until I did my report.

Dazzy
19/06/2007, 1:48 PM
First time i seen most away fans sit :p

Magicme
19/06/2007, 2:50 PM
Ha! We did stand at the end to applaud our team applauding us!