PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Irish players abroad over the 07/08 season.

SkStu
16/06/2007, 9:37 PM
pointless thread but heres my prediction for what its worth.

they are travelling back from a friendly in Saipan and the airplane crashes leaving them Lost on some remote desert island. Mick Byrne uses his sponge alot. Im not sure how it will end.

cheifo
16/06/2007, 11:08 PM
Good thread.
Ipswich fans reckon Garvan is getting better and better.My nomination for next seasons newest success story.Giving Bobby Robsons conections at Ipswich Stan must notice him.
This season is going to be fascinating to see just how good some of the young uns are.
There will be no big suprises with our main players IMO.Injuies permitting though I think Doyle and Keane can get among top five scorers in Prem.
Lot of questions to be answered .
How will Joey O Brien fare after injury?Same with S Elliot and A Reid
Will McShane make the step up to the prem(SunDERLAND?)
Stokes has ability but is young so I think he will excite and frustrate in equal measure.Daryl Murphy is apparantly rated by Keane.Cant see it happening for him but I hope he proves me wrong.I think your harsh on McGeady.More Champioms league experience and hopefully he will add more end product to his wonderful skill.DoDeas progress at Celtic could be hindered by Strachans
wish to have as many Scottish players as possible playing for Celtic but he seems to have ability to make it difficult to leave him out.Andy keogh will be brillant for wolves and we need young O Halloran to make a breahthrough(maybe on loan) because LB is a big problem.
Finally hopefully Long cotinues to make progress and D Gibson becomes captain at Man U:).Oh yeh and Doyle at Brum cements down no2 GK pos behind Given.I know I left out loads but thats a good sign isnt it.

Metrostars
18/06/2007, 2:32 AM
John O'Shea scores the winning goal in the 90th minute of the 2008 CL final when Casillas clearence hits O'Shea's arse and the balls rolls into the goal.

Wolfie
18/06/2007, 8:23 AM
pointless thread but heres my prediction for what its worth.

they are travelling back from a friendly in Saipan and the airplane crashes leaving them Lost on some remote desert island. Mick Byrne uses his sponge alot. Im not sure how it will end.

..............Starving and desperate, the team have no option but to barbeque Andy Reid. This sustains the team for some time.

Now read on...................

Torn-Ado
18/06/2007, 11:44 AM
Here are my major predictions, some of them somewhat bold.

Shay Given - Settled, Good Season, injury free.
Paddy Kenny - Gets a transfer to a premiership club, ends up sitting on the bench.

Paul McShane - Is bought by Aston Villa, cements a place in the first team. Keeps improving.
Darren O Dea - Continues to impress at Celtic. Still a rotation player.
Andy O Brien - Gets loaned out to a championship club. Fading away
Richard Dunne - Impresses at a distraught city. The big clubs all ready to swoop for him as City look doomed.
Ian Harte - Has a lightning start to the season for Levante, impresses and drives Levante into the top half. Drags himself back into Stan's plans.
Steve Finnan - Continues to be the best right back in the premiership.
Stephen Kelly - Holds his own in the premiership, if Birmingham go back down he'll earn a transfer out.

Lee Carsley - Struggle to hold his place this season, will drop down a league next season and retire from International if Ireland don't qualify for Euro 2008
Liam Miller - In and out of both Sunderland and Ireland. Will look more suited to the championship.
Graeme Kavanagh - Will replace Miller on the Sunderland team before dropping a league at the end of the season. Will spark controversy by not being selected by Stan.
Steven Reid - Return to his pivotel roll for Blackburn, continues to be used poorly for Ireland and will be left on the bench.
Andy Reid - Dominates the championship in the early stages earning a Christmas transfer to a midtable club where he builds on it and actually manages to stay injury free.
Damien Duff - After returning to play struggles to find his form for Newcastle before eventually shining in the latter stages.
Stephen Hunt - Will be dropped for Bobby Convey at Reading, will continue to start for Ireland
Aidean McGeady - Will lose his place at Celtic and have a horrid season.

Shane Long - Continues to impress but still struggles to get a game at Reading. Poises himself to leave in the summer.
Kevin Doyle - Builds on another season, rattling 18 goals in the premiership. Now warranting a huge money move.
Robbie Keane - Refues to be outdone by Doyle wrapping up 20 league goals, putting Berbatov in 2nd place at the club. He's finally peaked.
David Connoly - Silences his doubters by hammering in 10 league goals and driving his side forward. Awarded Sunderland player of the season
Anthony Stokes - Struggles in the first half of the season to get a game due to Connoly and John's excellent form. Is loaned out to the championship for the second half.

and nobody else is really important. >_>

Far too optimistic for them

bellavistaman
18/06/2007, 12:02 PM
How is stephen ireland not important??The man who has kept our hopes of qualification alive?

youngirish
18/06/2007, 1:40 PM
Funnilly enough I agree with most of these predictions. The Connolly statement, however, is madness. He won't be playing regularly (if at all) for Sunderland in the Premiership as is the Harte prediction considering Levante are trying to get rid of him. The Keane statement also is a little too optimistic. On the other end of the scale the McGeady prediction is a little too pessimistic. I can see more of the same from him next term, possibly a little improvement even.

The rest I more or less agree with though I can't see the logic of including Kenny, Miller, Kavanagh or Connolly (all players who's International careers are on the wane if not already frozen out) at the expense of Colin Doyle, Ireland, Potter, J O'Brien, Miller, Garvan, Best, Ward or Keogh - who should figure in Stan's plans in the coming months more so than the aformentioned.

The Legend
18/06/2007, 9:45 PM
Ian Harte - Has a lightning start to the season for Levante, impresses and drives Levante into the top half. Drags himself back into Stan's plans.

You must be on total crack man! What is people's obsession with Harte, he's done like his uncle, move on.

Iorfa
18/06/2007, 11:10 PM
It could be Daryl Murphy's year if he makes a good start in the Premiership.

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:18 PM
I think next season could be big years for McShane and Murphy as they both get to play in the Premiership. Keogh and Hoolahan will continue to impress in the Championship as well.

Bungle
20/06/2007, 10:20 PM
A few predictions.

Doyle: Scores 16 goals as Reading impress once again.
Hunt: Another good season to cement his place as a very decent premiership player.
Long:Goes on loan to the Championship and scores 15 goals.
Ireland Very good individual performances in a disappointing City team.
Dunne Same as Stephen Ireland.
Given Another top season from Shay, who is Newcastle's player of the year as they make the Uefa Cup.
Duff In and out of the Newcastle team through injury.
Darryl Murphy Very good performances as Sunderland finish in the top half of the table.
StokesIs protected by Keane, but chips in with 7 goals despite coming off the bench in most games. Impressive when he comes on.
Connolly Sold back to the Championship.
O'SheaGood season for United as their utility man, poor for Ireland.
Finnan Top class season from the best right back in the premiership.
Robbie Keane Another fine season for Spurs with 15 goals.
Stephen Reid Back from injury and earns a transfer to a bigger club like Spurs due to his performances.
Andy ReidImpresses when he's not injured.
Keith Tracey Breaks into the Blackburn first team.
Joey O'Brien Back in the Bolton first team with a fine season.
McShaneSigns for Villa or sunderland and impresses.
KeoghOutstanding performances as Wolves get promoted.
GarvanEarns a move to a club like Portsmouth.
GibsonMakes the United bench for premiership games.
Spillaneregular for Norwich as they make the play offs.
RandolphPlayer of the year at Charlton.
Kellyimpresses despite Birmingham just avoiding relegation.
DoylePlayer of the year at Birmingham.

theworm2345
01/07/2007, 1:00 PM
David Connoly - Silences his doubters by hammering in 10 league goals and driving his side forward. Awarded Sunderland player of the season

Your my new best friend ;)

macdermesser
02/07/2007, 7:59 AM
Your my new best friend ;)

can you two (though I suspect you are one and the same person) set up your own David Connolly forum and wax lyrical about the little man there?

Read this morning the Joseph O Ceariul at Arsenal has been released. Anyone know if he will be picked up by another Premier League or Championship club?

Bluebeard
03/07/2007, 8:01 AM
I predict that Richard Dunne will have some career change, perhaps something lucrative may be in the stars for him.

Meanwhile, Robbie keane can expect to meet someone in late November, I picture it being a man dressed in black. This man will have an important message to give to him.

The stars look favorably on Andy Reid - perhaps love is on the horizon???

Nicky Colgan - you should contact a family member - something important looms on the horizon in family matters.

Full readings are available from Mystic Bluebeard on his premium call number.

youngirish
03/07/2007, 9:24 AM
I predict that Richard Dunne will have some career change, perhaps something lucrative may be in the stars for him.

Meanwhile, Robbie keane can expect to meet someone in late November, I picture it being a man dressed in black. This man will have an important message to give to him.

The stars look favorably on Andy Reid - perhaps love is on the horizon???

Nicky Colgan - you should contact a family member - something important looms on the horizon in family matters.

Full readings are available from Mystic Bluebeard on his premium call number.
Good post.

kingeric
05/07/2007, 12:55 PM
K.Doyle: Think he'll have a good season again and carry his form onto the international stage overtaking Keane as Ireland's no. 1 striker
Hunt: Hunt will have the same season as last year- pretty consistant, nothing spectacular.
Long: I think he'll have a few substitute appearances, fail to impress..go to a championship team and impress scoring the odd goal.
Ireland : Will not find himself a regular under Sven and move in January.
Dunne: Will have a solid season again.
Given: Another top season from Shay as Newcastle vastly improve under Big Sam.
Duff:injured.
Darryl Murphy: Think he may be the surprise package of next season and gain a lot of appearances in the premiership scoring 10+ goals in all competitions.
Stokes: Will realise his future in the game is playing on the wing. 1st half of the season will be spent coming on as a sub, but will work on crossing and tracking back will feature more regulary towards end of season. 6 goals
Connolly: Will play up until xmas until new top- quality striker is bought and will mainly feature as a sub.
O'Shea: Will set out to hold down a position, but will be used as utility player again- mainly as cover for Gary Neville.
Finnan: Top class season from the best right back in the premiership.
Robbie Keane: Will form a great partnership with Berbatov but struggle for Ireland.
Stephen Reid: Will cement his place in Blackburn team as they push for UEFA cup.
Andy Reid: I think it'll be a good season for Reidy after a shaky start.
Keith Tracey: A few substitute appearances will earn him a loan move where he will impress.
Joey O'Brien: Will hold down a first team place at right back if he stays clear of injury.
McShane:Signs for Sunderland and will do well consistantly- but will make some costly silly errors.
Keogh: Will have a decent season as Wolves fail to get promoted again.
Garvan: Let's hope i'm wrong- but i've a feeling he'll spend most of thte season in the treatment room.
Gibson: Will be loaned out and will impress.
Randolph: Watch this boy next year.. he will earn rave reviews.
Kelly:will fail to impress but still hang on to his place.
Doyle: looking good on the Ireland front as three top quality keepers push each other. will also impress.

Paddy Garcia
05/07/2007, 4:39 PM
Can't find much to argue with there. I'm taking the optimistic stance on Garvan though. I also hope Stokes fulfills his potential as a CF. I have a feeling we will always produce good wide men & McGeady, Tracey and hopefully Duff will ensure we are not short on quality here.

Wish : A fantastic central midfield emerges.

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 8:09 AM
Think Ireland might be gone from City in Jan too, Sven is too much of a reputation man. Hope ireland has a big enough rep over there for sven to recognize him

Bluebeard
06/07/2007, 8:19 AM
Think Ireland might be gone from City in Jan too, Sven is too much of a reputation man. Hope ireland has a big enough rep over there for sven to recognize him

While I want to see Ireland playing at least Premiership level football, or higher. Him, and Dunne, moving from Eriksson's "Reputation Revolution" might be a good thing, as long as they don't drop a level.

tetsujin1979
06/07/2007, 10:02 AM
While I want to see Ireland playing at least Premiership level football, or higher. Him, and Dunne, moving from Eriksson's "Reputation Revolution" might be a good thing, as long as they don't drop a level.

Dunne's already been confirmed as club captain for next season.

youngirish
06/07/2007, 11:16 AM
Anyone know anything regarding Joey O'Brien at Bolton? Physioroom no longer list him as being injured though possibly they haven't any updated information for this upcoming season.

He could be a big player for us next season if he's fit.

tetsujin1979
06/07/2007, 11:18 AM
Speaking of injuries and whatnot, Steven Reid back in training with Blackburn - http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2473767,00.html

tetsujin1979
06/07/2007, 11:24 AM
Anyone know anything regarding Joey O'Brien at Bolton? Physioroom no longer list him as being injured though possibly they haven't any updated information for this upcoming season.

He could be a big player for us next season if he's fit.

He's been given the number 24 jersey at Bolton - http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Team/0,,1004~1068744,00.html
Also, Matthew Cassidy was given the number 36 jersey.
Don't think you can read too much into it, Anelka was given the number 39 jersey, and there's no number 1!

Bungle
06/07/2007, 11:25 AM
Jesus great to have Steven Reid back.I think he could be crucial for us in the remaining games.He's always capable of nicking a goal with a rasping shot.

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 12:24 PM

Agreed, Dunne surely is good enough for a top 6 side, Ireland would slot in to most footballing sides, he's a class passer of the ball, would have had alot of assists if city had a striker who knew the location of the goal.

joeSoap
06/07/2007, 12:34 PM
Steve Finnan - Continues to be the best right back in the premiership.
Wasn't aware that he was ever the best right back in the premiership........

tetsujin1979
06/07/2007, 1:55 PM
Wasn't aware that he was ever the best right back in the premiership........

He was voted best right back in the Premiership in 2001-2002 in what was a fairly average Fulham side.

cavan_fan
06/07/2007, 2:03 PM
He was voted best right back in the Premiership in 2001-2002 in what was a fairly average Fulham side.

There are 3 polls which seem to be always quoted, this one, the Duff is the best Left Wing player in the world 2002 and of course Ronnie O'Brien as Man of the Year.

tetsujin1979
06/07/2007, 2:13 PM
There are 3 polls which seem to be always quoted, this one, the Duff is the best Left Wing player in the world 2002 and of course Ronnie O'Brien as Man of the Year.
Maybe so, but Finnan was voted in by his fellow professionals to the PFA team, not a vandalised online poll

Closed Account
06/07/2007, 2:29 PM

1999-2000 Premiership Team of the Year:
Nigel Martyn (Leeds), Gary Kelly (Leeds), Jaap Stam (Man Utd), Sammi Hyypia (Liverpool), Ian Harte (Leeds), Roy Keane (Man Utd), David Beckham (Man Utd), Harry Kewell (Leeds), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Kevin Phillips (Sunderland), Andrew Cole (Man Utd)

2000-2001 Premiership Team of the Year:
Fabien Barthez (Man Utd), Stephen Carr (Tottenham), Silvinho (Arsenal), Jaap Stam (Man Utd), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Roy Keane (Man Utd), Ryan Giggs (Man Utd), Steve Gerrard (Liverpool), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Teddy Sheringham (Man Utd)

2001-2002 Premiership Team of the Year:
Shay Given (Newcastle United), Steve Finnan (Fulham), Rio Ferdinand (Leeds United), Sami Hyypia (Liverpool), Wayne Bridge (Southampton), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Roy Keane (Manchester United), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal).

2002-2003 Premiership Team of the Year:
Brad Friedel (Blackburn Rovers), Stephen Carr (Tottenham Hotspur), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), William Gallas (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Alan Shearer (Newcastle United)

2003-2004 Premiership Team of the Year:
Tim Howard (Manchester United), Lauren (Arsenal), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United).

2004-2005 Premiership Team of the Year:
Petr Cech (Chelsea), Gary Neville (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man C), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Andrew Johnson (C Palace)

2005-2006 Premiership Team of the Year:
Shay Given (Newcastle), Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), William Gallas (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

DmanDmythDledge
06/07/2007, 11:44 PM
Maybe so, but Finnan was voted in by his fellow professionals to the PFA team, not a vandalised online poll
Using the same theory Gary Neville is better than him.

Qwerty
07/07/2007, 2:36 AM
Jesus great to have Steven Reid back.I think he could be crucial for us in the remaining games.He's always capable of nicking a goal with a rasping shot.

And what has he done for us in the past 4 years?