PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the FAI meeting with Pike?

deise deserter
06/03/2003, 9:27 AM
Heard that there was a meeting between Pike and the FAI yesterday. Anybody hear anything else about it?

gael353
06/03/2003, 1:46 PM
ammm no

sadloserkid
06/03/2003, 2:00 PM
Yeah, I heard lots... basically the FAI walked around the pitch a few times with people from Pike and Limerick. No decision reached but they're back down next Thursday. Does this mean that the FAI aren't keen on the Pike Field? If that's the case then I'm sure we'll move onto option 2 which is... answers on the back on a €20 note... do we have one?

gael353
06/03/2003, 3:05 PM
We do a deal with Pike or Corbally and invest a nominal amount of the proposed 3.6 million in training floodlights all weather pitch etc and start a tenancy areement with Bord Na Gcon. Even if it costs us 1000 euro per week it will be a step in the right direction for when we buy it from them in (cos we're in there there's no time limit) several years time when the bottom has fallen out of the property market. I think its time we let our feelings know to the FAI with regard all this cos the club don't seem to be listening, again! Read last nights Echo and John Purcell was saying he'll have half the money needed (about 200,00) by next week hes also increasing the players wage from 1500 per week to 3500 per week for the upcomming season.

lims fan
07/03/2003, 12:31 AM
Pike or Corbally falls right into the hands of the "too far away brigade" and Thomond is really the only option.
Actually can't believe Limerick's wage bill is 3,500 euro per week. How can those duds have the neck to claim those wages?

sadloserkid
07/03/2003, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by lims fan
Pike or Corbally falls right into the hands of the "too far away brigade" and Thomond is really the only option.
Actually can't believe Limerick's wage bill is 3,500 euro per week. How can those duds have the neck to claim those wages?
Gael's suggestion is that we use Corbally/Pike for a year or so and then move into the Market's Field after getting it up to scratch. If we could get a lease on it or even buy it then it's the perfect solution I think but we need the money before we can start planning new stands.

LFC in Exile
07/03/2003, 9:55 AM
didn't see the leader article. That news on player wages is very encouraging. A lot of people have been critical of the committee in terms of lacking ambition. They seem to be putting money where mouths are.

Also, we go on a lot about no information from the club. Judging from what Gael posted above that is a lot more information given to the fans than other clubs have. How many fans know their club's running costs and weekly wage bills?

I am getting a good feeling about this season and the way the club is going. The last two years have seen small improvements, in terms of new players, merchandising etc. My own view (and long held) is that it doesn't matter where in the city the club play if they are winning. If Limerick do well on the pitch next season i.e. challenging for promotion then the crowds will come to the Pike Field. (just like they would have come to Corbally, Thomond or the Jacks) Don't underestimate the fickleness of Limerick sports people.

sadloserkid
07/03/2003, 10:03 AM
I agree that the wage increases are positive and that generally off the field things are slowly improving but:

Out: Hughes, D.Whyte, Fyffe and according to the rumour mill possibly Welderick and Donnellan

In: Morris Roe, Healy and probably/possibly Tobin/Purcell.

On the pitch I think we probably look weaker than last season and if we finish in the bottom 3 or 4 again then that's another season wasted...

gael353
11/03/2003, 6:58 PM
its true we pick up a lot of information and try to convey it to each other on this thing, but i pick it up from players, fans, players mothers for christs sake! the club rarely rings one of us up to tell us the story its always from a guy who walks into the shop an blabs what he heard from some junior source or something. i rang John Purcell a few times and he didnt answer so i texted him, he responded to my text with "ill talk to you early next week!" fair enough but isn't the meeting with the fai this week?? so all the ecisions will be made then they'll say hea lads what ye think? look at all we did and now you must tow the line behind us?? remember we had a meeting in january wasnt it?? exactly

deise deserter
13/03/2003, 4:28 PM
Gael 353: you're being ridiculous!!!

Wait for it ..... According to Purcell in the paper the other night the club's great idea to raise money is

POKER CLASSICS

Is it just me or is this deja vu? Didn't they try to have one in December only to send away all the people (6 of them, I heard) away?

I'm telling you it's nearly as humorous as Lims Fans posts!