PDA

View Full Version : Shane McGowan's teeth

osarusan
16/06/2007, 3:55 PM
Right. I've got a bet on with a guy here in Japan.

He says Shane McGowan lost his front teeth when he fell out of a tour bus while it travelled down an expressway in Japan (Rumour has it there was alcohol involved).

I say it is a pile of crap.

I've searched somewhat on the net, then decided to let footie take care of things for me, or him.

Any clues?

the 12 th man
16/06/2007, 4:50 PM
Shanes mouth resembles a burned out Fort from a Western Movie.:D

I honestly don't think he knows himself but its believed to be a combination of crack cocaine abuse,alcohol abuse,not brushing them and punch ups that he had while out of his face over the years.

jebus
16/06/2007, 5:57 PM
I heard he lost them by falling out of a tour bus while it was moving alright, whether it was in Japan or not I don't know however.

On the subject, you'd think he'd do like Shaun Ryder and pay the 14k to get them fully fixed at this stage wouldn't you?

Soper
16/06/2007, 6:59 PM
I read in a book on Shane, by his wife, that it was something like the bus story. Will have to check again later, but I'm 90% sure.

jebus
16/06/2007, 8:38 PM
Have it on good authority that whilst Shane did fall off a moving tour bus, thats not how he lost his teeth. His two front are still there but have been reduced to nubs due to a combination of his drug and alcohol abuse, bad personal hygiene and because he opens so many beer bottles with his teeth

paul_oshea
18/06/2007, 9:27 AM
His two front are still there

Nah, its from a drinking binge in ireland when he fell over a wall, having seen him in the boogaloo in highgate a couple of weeks ago I can safely say there is no front teeth, and possibly very few back teeth from what I could see .....the (ironic) thing is though, he is usually always well dressed.

superfrank
18/06/2007, 9:32 AM
(Rumour has it there was alcohol involved).
What? I could've sworn he was a Pioneer.

Wolfie
18/06/2007, 12:12 PM
What? I could've sworn he was a Pioneer.

I suppose he's a pioneer of sorts. A pioneer in bringing boozing to gargantuan levels.

If murdering pints (or shorts etc etc) was a crime - he'd be in mountjoy for eternity.

Billsthoughts
18/06/2007, 12:56 PM
It was in Japan he had the teeth accident while drunk and the rest of the pogues kicked him out as a result of it.

If murdering pints (or shorts etc etc) was a crime - he'd be in mountjoy for eternity.Is that not the Damien Dempsey song???

shakermaker1982
18/06/2007, 1:19 PM
how many pints do you reckon Shane could sink on a night out? 25/30?

paul_oshea
18/06/2007, 1:24 PM
its gin and tonic he always drinks i thought.

Wolfie
18/06/2007, 1:44 PM
It was in Japan he had the teeth accident while drunk and the rest of the pogues kicked him out as a result of it.Is that not the Damien Dempsey song???

Spot on, Billsthoughts. Paraphrased "Jar Song" there.

shakermaker1982
18/06/2007, 2:27 PM
its gin and tonic he always drinks i thought.

If he has a thirst on he'd probably drink bleach!!! :D

bellavistaman
18/06/2007, 2:46 PM
I heard he lost them by falling out of a tour bus while it was moving alright, whether it was in Japan or not I don't know however.

On the subject, you'd think he'd do like Shaun Ryder and pay the 14k to get them fully fixed at this stage wouldn't you?

that takes thought and brain cells:D:D