PDA

View Full Version : Ye're falling apart

Badweather Fan
05/03/2003, 8:20 PM
Croly and Kelly gone now.
Whats happening?
Seems to me like Dolan was 'the' man and a lot o the players aren't interested in a rebuilding process.

Dodge
06/03/2003, 8:19 AM
Couldn't be further from the truth.

Shay Kelly left because he didn't want to stay under Dolan (and wanted full time money)
Ger McCarthy was going to be released
Hughes wanted first team football
Doyle left with Dolan but he's young, he'll learn :) (fee involved)
Kelly and Croly didn't want to go fulll time so were allowed go (both under contract so we'll get a fee)
Burke, Griggin, Ciaran Quinn all released.

Of those who left I'd have liked to keep Shay Kelly, Liam Kelly and Kev Doyle. Only one of those left because Dolan left (in fact both the Kellys hated him)

We've a few signings yet to be announced so don't start worrying about us yet :)

Badweather Fan
06/03/2003, 11:10 AM
that's still a squad-depleting 9 players there Dodge.

Dodge
06/03/2003, 11:16 AM
True but the first thing Collins said was that he was trimming the squad from 32 to 22-24 So when you take those away and add a couple of signings its not worrying. We had far too many highly paid hangers on last year, so I'm definitely in favour of what he's doing

Badweather Fan
06/03/2003, 11:19 AM
Osam staying?

Dodge
06/03/2003, 12:37 PM
Yeah another couple of seasons left on his contract, and he's going full time. Possibley with a view to being on coaching staff after that

TheSeagullsNest
06/03/2003, 2:26 PM
Do ya know how he's gettin on ?
I played in 7-a-side with him last summer and he was **** hot ! very very pacey with bags of tricks

Dodge
06/03/2003, 2:46 PM
was on loan to Kilkenny last season and got a fair few goals (including a couple of hat tricks I think - one definitely) Hasn't played for our first team but the management see a good future for him

TheSeagullsNest
06/03/2003, 2:55 PM
defo got one againist Dublin City towards the end of last season. Hopefully he'll get a bit more 1st team action this year. I'll tell ya what well take him on loan this year :D

Gary
07/03/2003, 12:49 PM
He wants to move to a more competeive club (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=9097&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes) .

this cant be good news for Pats. Its all going pear shaped.

Dodge
07/03/2003, 1:00 PM
"he wants to move to a more competetive club in Europe"

Bit of a difference GWA!

We've alwys known he wanted to play in one of the bigger European leagues. But he has 4 years left on his Pats contract and if he moves we'll get a good fee...

Gary
07/03/2003, 2:39 PM
Be that as it may Dodge, but even if ye did get a fee, I cant see yuo making too many signings from it. Afterall, i doubt too many would be interested in joining Pats at the moment, because for an outsider looking in, you look to be in trouble.

Dodge
07/03/2003, 3:16 PM
Ah but to most eL fans we do but to most Ugandans we look perfect....

I get what you're saying but Pats held a fans forum a couple of weeks ago in which the Chairman (in fact most of the board) and manager (and assitant) set out their plans for the season including players. We knew he'd cull the squad down about 10players.

Independent Saints had our AGM on Tuesday and afterwards the chairman updated us on a few things. We know exactly whats happening and thats why here, on the eL MB and on the IS board most Pats fans aren't that bothered.

It may look bad but really its badly needed drastic action. myself i'm dying for us to announce a couple of signings and I can't wait for the start of the new season.

pete
07/03/2003, 5:05 PM
Pats have still lost (or are going to) approx 1/2 their first choice team from last season.

With Pats now in a transition season should mean less pressure on the big clubs for success next season.

p.s. what the squad youse have now what would your 1st XI look like...?

Dodge
10/03/2003, 8:12 AM
My team would be

Gallagher
Marney Foley Maguire Donnolly
McGuinness McGovern Osam Casey
Mbabazi Bird

If we sign davy byrne I might have him in ahead of Robbie McGuinness. We're also looking for a newgoalkeeper and he may be in place before new season kicks off. Not a bad team and not much different from last years. Only place we're really lacking is upfront with no cover acept for Aiden O'Keefe.