PDA

View Full Version : Kick off v Harps now 7.15pm

Demoshield
15/06/2007, 2:23 PM
Kick off v Harps now 7.15pm
no flood lights

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 6:47 PM
Glynny is on fire - 1-nil up after 3 mins.

gufcfan
15/06/2007, 6:51 PM
That's ridiculous. 2 goals again. Jesus he'll get more than he did in the mayo league last year at this rate

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 6:53 PM
yeah Glynn has made it 2-0

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 7:02 PM
Match is live on Galway Bay FM - streamed online www.galwaybayfm.ie

Bernie O'Connell is commentating on GBFM with Cian O'Connell reporting on Radio 1.

sligoman
15/06/2007, 7:16 PM
Match is live on Galway Bay FM - streamed online www.galwaybayfm.ie

Bernie O'Connell is commentating on GBFM with Cian O'Connell reporting on Radio 1.All I'm hearing from GBFM now is local bogball results, is that right?

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 7:19 PM
All I'm hearing from GBFM now is local bogball results, is that right?

They'll be back in time for the second half

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 7:31 PM
Harps hit the woodwork :eek:

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 8:00 PM
Rogers amazing save just saved us from an equalising goal from Harps

sligoman
15/06/2007, 8:07 PM
2-2 result. Replay in Ballybuff Monday night.

Commentary on GBFM is just as bad as Ocean FM, which is terrible:D.

exiled_gufc_fan
15/06/2007, 8:08 PM
replay it is, 2-2 and Harps had two goals disallowed.

gilberto_eire
15/06/2007, 9:15 PM
replay it is, 2-2 and Harps had two goals disallowed.

they did have two goals dissalowed but they were clear-cut fouls on the keeper before they put the ball in the net!!
errible decisons by tony costed us the game!!.... he shouldnt have made us go so defensively for the last 20mins..... wtf are ya doing bringing moran on??..... that puts ALL the pressure on glynn cause you dont even have to mark barry!. foley aswell was an awful change although that wasnt obvious to happen!. reilly has to go to...why are we still entertaining this fella??....terrible for the 70mins harps looked like a 1st division team and us premier then we tinker with the team and it completly reversed...moved behind the goal and tbh it didnt look a penalty the way the went over!!...... there players head took a fair smack of the yellow gate(you wouldnt have seen it unless you were around the pitch)...ive said it before the walls are too close to the pitch, there concrete too ffs!!...... could have been worse was it not gate as opposed to the wall....... russell did himself no favours playing on as he had a hand in the collision to begin with!!.....whatever about league matches, im not travelling up there on monday anyway!!.

corbyeire
15/06/2007, 9:40 PM
i thought it was a penalty - rogers is great for stopping shots - but his decision making sometimes is brutal - he was way to early off his line again for the penalty fowl - should have held ground

poor subs alright

colm s
15/06/2007, 10:05 PM
What are you talking about, I wasnt at the game but have read three different reports and according to them Reilly set up both our goals and our other good chances seem to have come from corners taken by him.

eamo1
15/06/2007, 10:10 PM
his kickouts are a liability,as are his decisions for when to come for crosses etc.yes he is a good shot stopper but gough is still better if he still training.he made a stupid decision coming out on gethins for the peno and was totally stranded for their equaliser.
2 quality finishes from glynn again.
we couldnt keep the ball for longer then a minute at a time,if even that.we need a massive improvement for monday and more importantly for me next friday night.
what was the attendance???

corbyeire
15/06/2007, 10:15 PM
it was a paltry 1020 - which with the half hour earlier start cant be blamed on - as none of the empty seats were filled up a bit round the 7.45 mark

lowest attendance this year

COLM i was at the game - yes phil reilly is bad - but not all the blame is on him

the midfield tended to do a lot of ball watching - harps were allowed to play with it way too much

rogers dropped the ball into the net twice - but both free outs

gilberto_eire
16/06/2007, 11:23 AM
What are you talking about, I wasnt at the game but have read three different reports and according to them Reilly set up both our goals and our other good chances seem to have come from corners taken by him.

well i havent had the joy of witnessing agme this yr by radio or by reading reports but frm what i heard frm earlier games on the radio anyway bernie says he plays well.....think he did for the pats anyway, when he was terrible!. constantly gives bad passes, never wins possession, terrible tracking players down his side, never goes out to challenge a winger whos lining up a cross etc.... could go on for weeks!!. him and moran would be better suited playing today up the drom although they would prob be warming the bench there anyway!!
in relation to setting up the goals i missed the 1st as i was watching the dog who got in running around the pitch and the 2nd was just a hit and hope(not sure who from) which glynn managed to get on the end off, behind the defense!

corbyeire
16/06/2007, 12:39 PM
reillys hit and hope
according to eleven a side he set up both goals - in the times aswell - reilly is the only other player mentioned!

youd swear he was a very creative left back!

gufct
16/06/2007, 11:04 PM
Im in Italy at the moment but i feel i have to answer some of this . Philip had a very poor first 20 mins against pats but after taht he was brilliant and played a fantastic ball for the first goal against Pats. Gilberto and I dont care how you take this wise up grow up ans get rid of that big chip of ure shoulder.

i have being following gufc for too long and I have never met a more negative person in my life. Sorry but the truth hurts

gilberto_eire
17/06/2007, 2:08 AM
Im in Italy at the moment but i feel i have to answer some of this . Philip had a very poor first 20 mins against pats but after taht he was brilliant and played a fantastic ball for the first goal against Pats. Gilberto and I dont care how you take this wise up grow up ans get rid of that big chip of ure shoulder.

i have being following gufc for too long and I have never met a more negative person in my life. Sorry but the truth hurts

why dont ya ever go and stick it where the sun dont shine!!.... i can say reilly was crap if i want, because he is/was and always will be!. ''1st 20mins'' ooh ya and the rest of the game he was great :rolleyes:
and i can say it was poor decisions by tony...because guess what??.... IT WAS!!. we threw away a 2 goal lead against a poor 1st division with stupid changes that werent required!!. if we play crap and lose or draw i think i like every other fan has the permission to let it be known...ive gave credit where its been due and that hasnt been much...guess why??... cause we have lost and drawn most of our games...maybe your happy with losses and draws but no-one else is and im never the only one venting my frustration at the results.... ur just obsessed with me and like i said before get over it i dont swing that way!! ya the truth does hurt and reilly and moran arent up to it... the way your counter-attacking my statment means this isnt true...get one person to agree with ya apart frm bernie o'c who taught john lester should have been man of the match in waterford
...enough said!!
P.S sorry i wasnt alive long enough to support united as long as you and you really are a super fan arent ya...super arrogant!!.... mister know it all and better then all the rest!!
i really hope ya stay in italy btw... also the stand in steward is way better btw

Claret Murph
17/06/2007, 5:07 AM
When you looked at the game how could you see them getting a goal from anywhere it was only when number 15 for Harps was carried off the whole of our back four were asleep swiched off call it what you like as a huge hole apeared in the middle at the back and then it was game on . Now why why make a change as we were doing fine at the time and the 3 subs that came on did nothing apart from Foley who got booked if that's what you call doing something . Again nothing out wide really as DO'B never got a touch of the ball in the first half .
So looking at positives James did well in the middle and Glynn up front did well with the two goals he scored , and I really think TC will put it right on Monday night and we will win 3-1 .

Terry
17/06/2007, 6:53 AM
lads,

quit all the stupid attacks on each other. Everyone else is getting sick of reading them. If ye have issues to sort out pM each other or even better sit down somewhere and sort them out. Any more posts like them again and warnings will be issued. Im now closing the thread before it goes off on another one of yer idiotic thread destroying rants.