PDA

View Full Version : The Tottenam Match

Ref
04/03/2003, 7:38 PM
There are 8000 people in Dalymount tonight to watch Bohemians v Tottenham.

A pre-season friendly.

I'm going to make two points.

1 - WHERE are all these people when theres a COMPETITIVE match on???

2 - WHY don't we see a Premiership team in Turners Cross?

Neil
04/03/2003, 7:49 PM
If we think we have a problem with barstool "supporters" in Cork take a look at Dublin. They are unbelievable.
There's 8000 there tonight. They'll have about 800 for their first game against Drogheda.
Cork City will probably have 8000 for their first game against Pats.

I'm not to bothered not having a "big" game against a Premiershi* team. It would make me sick to see a repeat of the City-GlasgowCeltic game where there was more Cork people "supporting" the away team.

Ref
04/03/2003, 7:51 PM
a friend of mine is up there at the match tonight.

would he go to a match in the cross?

he would in his.........

Neil
04/03/2003, 7:57 PM
It's 1-0 to Bohs by the way!
And they're hammering them by all accounts.

"Can you hear the West Brits sing..."

Colm
04/03/2003, 8:33 PM
Regular updates and team line-ups here (http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?article=135571)

Colm
04/03/2003, 8:46 PM
1-1
Gary Doherty from close range

mouldymurphy
04/03/2003, 8:50 PM
my brother is at it and he said its mostly bohs fans

mouldymurphy
04/03/2003, 9:01 PM
2-1 bohs now

Ref
04/03/2003, 9:18 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
my brother is at it and he said its mostly bohs fans

8000 bohs fans?

mouldymurphy
04/03/2003, 9:24 PM
i know its hard to believe but he said it wasnt as sickening as the city celtic game where there was 8000 celtic fans

mouldymurphy
04/03/2003, 9:27 PM
three one now

Colm
04/03/2003, 10:06 PM
Final score:
Bohs 3-1 Spurs

Bohs scorers- Hawkins, Ryan and Hawkins again.

Take that barstool premiersh*t lovers!

eoinh
04/03/2003, 10:20 PM
its a good thing spurs didnt meet bohs during the season as they would have got thumped.

he he :D

Schumi
05/03/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ref
8000 people in Dalymount tonight to watch Bohemians v Tottenham... WHERE are all these people when theres a COMPETITIVE match on??? There were obviously $hels, Pats, etc. fans there too. I probably would have headed out myself only it was sold out.

Shed End John
05/03/2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Cork City will probably have 8000 for their first game against Pats.

I'm not to bothered not having a "big" game against a Premiershi* team. It would make me sick to see a repeat of the City-GlasgowCeltic game where there was more Cork people "supporting" the away team.

Two very valid points that I, for one, heartily agree with. The days of so-called 'big' pre-season games are hopefully at an end. Btw, shame on all those Bohs 'fans'!!:rolleyes: :mad:

pete
05/03/2003, 12:31 PM
I'm generally not iunterested much in big pre season friendlies & would prefer to attend a city game against similar opposition to see how the team looking...

Would be a bit of a Spurs fan (from a distance) myself & had some thoughts of going to Dalymount last night but didn't bother...

While friendly results can be a bit unusual that result does show the difference isn't a great as eL outsiders may believe.

btw Bohs inability to get 8k at a league game is why CCFC should be dominating eL football.

fosterdollar
05/03/2003, 2:33 PM
i got to this thread late and havent got time to read through to see if its already here but anyone got the team line-ups for last nite?

Real ale Madrid
05/03/2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by pete

btw Bohs inability to get 8k at a league game is why CCFC should be dominating eL football.

Nail on the head .

pete
05/03/2003, 3:08 PM
From BBC site:

Bohemians embarrass Spurs

Doherty's goal was scant consolation for Spurs
Tottenham were humbled by Irish side Bohemians 3-1 on Tuesday evening despite fielding seven first-team players.
Bohemians had only had three days to prepare for the friendly after a mid-season break.

But the Irish champions overwhelmed Spurs, currently ninth in the Premiership, from the outset of the game.

The result continued a recent dip in form from Glenn Hoddle's side, who were beaten 2-0 at the weekend by Premiership strugglers West Ham.

Paul Keegan, Colin Hawkins and Robbie Doyle all scored for the home side as fans jeered Spurs with chants of "three days of training".

Gary Doherty scored the only goal for the London side.

The match marked the debut for Japanese international Kazuyuki Toda in the torrential rain in Dublin.

Bohemians: Kelly, Lynch, Webb (Oman 87), Hunt, Hawkins, McGuinness (McNally 61), Ryan (Morrison 61), Caffrey, Keegan (Doyle 49), Pereplyotkin, Rutherford (Lester 80).

Tottenham: Sullivan, Carr (Marney 81), Taricco (Jackson 64), Toda, Thatcher, King (Thelwell 64) , Anderton, Etherington (Freund h/t), Doherty, Sheringham (Ricketts 72), Acimovic.

patsh
05/03/2003, 6:11 PM
Bohemians: Kelly, Lynch, Webb (Oman 87), Hunt, Hawkins, McGuinness (McNally 61), Ryan (Morrison 61), Caffrey, Keegan (Doyle 49), Pereplyotkin, Rutherford (Lester 80).
No Derek Coughlan?
Is he injured/unavailable/whatever?
Can CCFC look forward to the return of the Big One?...:D

Neil
05/03/2003, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
No Derek Coughlan?
Is he injured/unavailable/whatever?
Can CCFC look forward to the return of the Big One?...:D
He was stuck in work I think. He's still waiting on an answer from Cork Airport as to whether he can take the year off. But where I read it it was a case of deciding whether to quit to job or not....

Neil
05/03/2003, 9:34 PM
Extended highlights of Bohs - Tottingham tonight 11.15pm on TV3.

Schumi
06/03/2003, 12:01 PM
Bohemians had only had three days to prepare for the friendly after a mid-season break. Wow this is some long season we're having.:)

Shed End John
06/03/2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Wow this is some long season we're having.:)

Isn't it?? Thick English cnuts!

Colm
06/03/2003, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Extended highlights of Bohs - Tottingham tonight 11.15pm on TV3.
Yeah, I watched them last night and, in fairness, Bohs were absolutly all over Spurs, they completly outclassed them. Fair play to TV3 for showing it, RTE would never have shown the highlights of a friendly.

Also, did anyone see TV3 on wednesday night? Stephen Kenny was being interviewed and he said "at this stage I think we're as good as most teams in Europe, I believe it and I just have to instill that belief in the players". Ok, maybe he's getting a bit carried away but at least they seem to have shed the small time mentality, that has existed in our league.

joe
06/03/2003, 8:50 PM
thought he said he felt they were tactically as good as any team in europe, which isn't wuite the same thing