PDA

View Full Version : New signing?

pineapple stu
04/03/2003, 1:31 PM
The Sun has us as favourites to resign Robbie Griffin, who's being let go by Pat's. Not exactly Robbie Doyle, but it'll keep up the confusing 3 Robbies and 4 Alans for a while longer!

Schumi
04/03/2003, 1:34 PM
I never saw him play for us, was he any good?

Dodge
04/03/2003, 1:51 PM
You may have heard me laugh at him going to Cork so no he's not any good

See here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6305)

Schumi
04/03/2003, 1:55 PM
Yeah but you might have really high standards:) Or he might have done better for us before he was ****ed up by Pats

Dodge
04/03/2003, 1:57 PM
To be honest I never thought of him as any good, even when he was with you. Decent squad player for a md table team is how I'd describe him

No jokes about relegation threatened please

Schumi
04/03/2003, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Decent squad player for a md table team
Given our shortage of strikers, I wouldn't mind one of them!

No jokes about relegation threatened please I won't if you don't;)

Dodge
04/03/2003, 2:06 PM
Agreed!:)

A face
04/03/2003, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
No jokes about relegation threatened please

Tee Hee :D :p

Aberdonian Stu
04/03/2003, 2:45 PM
Griffin was a damn good player. In fact on my very first trip to Belfield he scored two goals against Sligo but forgetting my childhood memories for a moment there's no doubting that he didin't play as well for Pats so perhaps a return to his old stomping ground will helping especially when yoou consider just how negativley Pats play.

CollegeTillIDie
05/03/2003, 7:05 PM
Griffin scored 35 League goals in 181 League games for us before joingin Waterford United in 1998 for a huge fee. Robbie was top scorer for us on two occasions and played as a striker, midfielder and even breifly aws a centre-half. Probably because he never played in his best position for St. Pat's (i.e. upfront) their supporters did not see the best of him. He is what Johnny Giles would describe as a game player, namely he is willing to change position on the field and have a go to keep his place in the team. He will get a new lease of life, if he comes back to Belfield, so here's hoping.

@ndy
06/03/2003, 8:18 PM
Any developments?

UCD_4_Life
07/03/2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Any developments?

Robbie Griffin has apparently opted to sign for us.

We've also swooped for Derek McGrath according to eleven-a-side. Anybody know anything about him? The name doesn't ring any bells.

pineapple stu
09/03/2003, 12:58 PM
From the "Transfers" section on the General board -

Derek McGrath is a centre-mid who played for Kilkenny in the season they won 9 points and then moved to Monaghan for the next season!

He's not a bad player, but he's another experienced squad player at a stage when we need to be looking for the next Robbie Doyle/Alan Cawley/Kev Grogan.

At least Sean Finn's still around - someone had been saying he was leaving as well.

UCD_4_Life
09/03/2003, 1:44 PM
Yeah, I would've thought that we were strong enough in midfield, unless he's planing on sticking McGrath in for Tony Mac and Tony Mac in where Clive was.

Schumi
10/03/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Yeah, I would've thought that we were strong enough in midfield, unless he's planing on sticking McGrath in for Tony Mac and Tony Mac in where Clive was. That would be one way alright but he says in the eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/ucd/story.asp?newsid=4330) thing that he's looking for someone to replace Clive as well.