PDA

View Full Version : Limerick37 V Wexford youths!!

Pages : [1] 2

L37Ultra
13/06/2007, 7:40 PM
Just a quick message to wish ye the best of luck and may the best team win :)

new blue
13/06/2007, 10:24 PM
Thank you.
We're short a couple but are hopeful of making a game of it.
Liked your mascot last day - very energetic!!

L37Ultra
14/06/2007, 11:08 AM
ya leo is a great laugh!! One trick pony though!! :) Are many fans travelling down!! we are expecting a big crowd, it being a friday night, not like tuesday the last time we played :D

L37Ultra
14/06/2007, 11:14 AM
im sure a young fit Limerick fan like u, can drag them in the gates!! and the sun puts off the Kilkee goers... We cant win :D

ForzaWexford
15/06/2007, 12:00 AM
Might have been my heart ruling my head but I stuck a tenner on us @ 11/2. Think I went for 1-1 in the Predictionss Thread though!

L37Ultra
15/06/2007, 1:46 PM
Are many coming down?

passinginterest
15/06/2007, 1:53 PM
Are many coming down?

Doubt it give the weather and the distance. I'd say the usual 20-30 family and friends and maybe another 10-20 dedicated supporters. Max 50.

What's the weather like down that way anyway? Any chance the pitch might be water logged?

holidaysong
15/06/2007, 3:10 PM
Doubt it give the weather and the distance.

It can't take much more than 2 hours to get there can it?!?

L37Ultra
15/06/2007, 3:13 PM
Doubt it give the weather and the distance. I'd say the usual 20-30 family and friends and maybe another 10-20 dedicated supporters. Max 50.

What's the weather like down that way anyway? Any chance the pitch might be water logged?

No severly doubt the pitch will be water logged, its been drizziling all day but nothing too heavy!! Ahh come on now lads what has the weather got to do with travelling down? :D

new blue
16/06/2007, 12:05 AM
Enjoyed trip down to Limerick.
Much better performance from Wexford who continued where they left off in Kildare. Could have gone either way. Our lads are playing much better and with more confidence. Replay Tues. Not to be missed!!

L37Ultra
17/06/2007, 10:56 AM
Enjoyed trip down to Limerick.
Much better performance from Wexford who continued where they left off in Kildare. Could have gone either way. Our lads are playing much better and with more confidence. Replay Tues. Not to be missed!!
See you there:D

new blue
18/06/2007, 11:06 PM
Not aware of any changes.
However shouldn't be a big problem with a few flags - keen to create good atmosphere.
Crowds about 600-800.
Stand on a first come first served basis

ForzaWexford
18/06/2007, 11:47 PM
Going on what I saw tonight there's one little change with the stand. Ye'll see tomorrow!

Atmosphere is good in the team, Pat was down tonight + Kevin Doyle trained for an hour or so. I'm gonna predict a 2-1 win.

Lim till i die
18/06/2007, 11:54 PM
Kevin Doyle trained for an hour or so. .

The actual one :eek: :p

Doubt we'll have any flags and I'm not singing- far too cold :)

ForzaWexford
18/06/2007, 11:59 PM
Yep, the one and only.

Doubt tomorrow will be as cold as your last trip down....there'll probably be a smaller crowd aswell so the traffic problem shouldn't be half as bad either!

Lim till i die
19/06/2007, 12:05 AM
Yep, the one and only.

Just to clarify - You haven't loaned him or anything?? :)

I mean he's no Robbie Kelleher but would still be a decent signing :p

ForzaWexford
19/06/2007, 12:13 AM
Just to clarify - You haven't loaned him or anything?? :)

I fcukin wish! If it's one thing we're really lacking it's a striker. He said Shane Long was going to the game tomorrow, so who knows, maybe Mick has a trick or two up his sleeve. :cool:

Lim till i die
19/06/2007, 12:14 AM
I fcukin wish! If it's one thing we're really lacking it's a striker. He said Shane Long was going to the game tomorrow, so who knows, maybe Mick has a trick or two up his sleeve. :cool:

Nah, his sleeves are normally far too short :p

L37Ultra
19/06/2007, 10:33 AM
Going on what I saw tonight there's one little change with the stand. Ye'll see tomorrow!

Atmosphere is good in the team, Pat was down tonight + Kevin Doyle trained for an hour or so. I'm gonna predict a 2-1 win.

Hope that change is heated seats!! :D

passinginterest
19/06/2007, 11:22 AM
Hope that change is heated seats!! :D

I was driving by the place last week and I didn't see the stand at all.

Maybe the surprise is it's gone!

Or Mick had Wallace Construction out in force for the last few weeks and the've built the fastest new stand in history. :ball:

L37Ultra
19/06/2007, 11:57 AM
so were gonna get soaked in da pising rain?

passinginterest
19/06/2007, 1:42 PM
so were gonna get soaked in da pising rain?

Just off the phone to my Da and the answer is yes it's rotten weather in the Sunny South East at the moment :).

They had to take the stand down as it was being used for a concert somewhere. It was due to be back up for Saturday for the match with Finn Harps so now they're rushing to have it back up for tonight.

Either way you were going to get wet anyway it never had a roof. Unless they've got a different stand in because the other one wasn't ready.

ForzaWexford
19/06/2007, 10:28 PM
Maybe the surprise is it's gone!

Good guess! Bad result. Don't think we deserved to lose.

passinginterest
20/06/2007, 3:30 PM
Good guess! Bad result. Don't think we deserved to lose.

Teletext seems to thing we dominated the first half anyway. According to my ever reliable Da it was a much better performance than most this season. Just a bit of a lack of confidence in front of goal still, and the old weakness at set pieces. I hear Marty Kelly played at the back and did very well overall.

A pity Kevin Doyle couldn't be signed on a short term loan. :D
I got a lovely grainy camera phone picture of him sent to me. My Da also managed to get a slagging from Pat Dolan for being too star struck to have his picture taken with the Doyler.:o

brokenstar
20/06/2007, 10:52 PM
Heard we played one of our best games of the season. Our strikers need to be a bit more greedy in front of goal from all reports that i've heard. Apparently Johnny Flynn was in a good scoring position at one point and opted to pass. Now speaking as an experienced forward (not at this level, granted), all strikers have to be greedy ba**ards in front of goal. This all points to our inexperience i suppose, and it's all part of the learning curve that we're on. Good to see Marty back, but from what i heard he wasn't given a long enough run to let him really shine.

We need to get back on our feet after this. We're starting to play teams off the field, our strikers just seem to need to find that greedy, killer instinct. It's all coming together, slowly but surely and once we start scoring i feel our lads will hit their stride

passinginterest
21/06/2007, 9:12 AM
Trust me lads ye didnt play us off the field.and granted im going to get killed for sayng this on your forum.i think ye will finish bottom oof the league

Your entitled to say it but from all reports we're looking a hell of a lot better. To say we played you off the field is no doubt an exaggeration but it is the first time every match report has described us as 'dominant' in any part of a game.

I'd say that marks a massive step forward as prior to this we were playing 11 men behind the ball and hoping to hold out for a draw or nick a lucky win. Now it sounds like we are playing to win, getting forward, creating chances and looking more solid at the back.

We might well still finish last, but, huge strides are being made and this team will only get stronger. :ball:

Sunny Jim
21/06/2007, 10:45 AM
"i think ye will finish bottom of the league"

I think we will too, in fact I don't think there's much doubt about it. Passes overhit, underhit, shambolic defending, a complete lack of confidence in front of goal, balls lumped out of defence to no-one in particular, midfielders not getting forward fast enough.... need I go on? Mick's in the Wexford People this week talking about how the team is learning more each game, but I just can't see it. On the Limerick 37 forum we are described as "pi$$ poor". It's a bit harsh, but the odd flash of inspiration aside, there's no getting away from the fact that the team is still not up to the job and not 'learning' fast enough.

passinginterest
21/06/2007, 12:20 PM
"i think ye will finish bottom of the league"

I think we will too, in fact I don't think there's much doubt about it. Passes overhit, underhit, shambolic defending, a complete lack of confidence in front of goal, balls lumped out of defence to no-one in particular, midfielders not getting forward fast enough.... need I go on? Mick's in the Wexford People this week talking about how the team is learning more each game, but I just can't see it. On the Limerick 37 forum we are described as "pi$$ poor". It's a bit harsh, but the odd flash of inspiration aside, there's no getting away from the fact that the team is still not up to the job and not 'learning' fast enough.

I'm surprised to see you being so negative. Read some of the match reports from the game and they're very positive about the Wexford performance. Not only that but your quoting Lim Til I Die saying we were 'Pi$$ poor', but he also points out that Limerick were only marginally better, that's a Limerick team that's in a strong promotion position. And Lim Til I Die, nice guy and all as I'm sure he is, will never have a good word to say about us (it's the fear you see).

It's still way too early to criticise this team. I honestly see them picking up a lot more points over the next few games, and probably fininshing 3rd form bottom.

Sunny Jim
21/06/2007, 12:40 PM
I'm surprised to see you being so negative. Read some of the match reports from the game and they're very positive about the Wexford performance. Not only that but your quoting Lim Til I Die saying we were 'Pi$$ poor', but he also points out that Limerick were only marginally better, that's a Limerick team that's in a strong promotion position. And Lim Til I Die, nice guy and all as I'm sure he is, will never have a good word to say about us (it's the fear you see).

It's still way too early to criticise this team. I honestly see them picking up a lot more points over the next few games, and probably fininshing 3rd form bottom.

Limerick weren't great, it's true, but it's WYFC I'm concerned about. I hadn't intended to be so critical so early, but it's plain to me, having seen them in all of the home games, that they are not much better than they were back in March, when they were expected to struggle. I really hope you're right about where we finish, but it's a bit depressing and frustrating when they still don't seem to be able to do a lot of the basics right.

joeSoap
21/06/2007, 12:53 PM
And Lim Til I Die, nice guy and all as I'm sure he is, will never have a good word to say about us (it's the fear you see). It''s more to do with his opinions on a certain member of you're coaching staff I'd say.....;)

L37Ultra
21/06/2007, 7:52 PM
Just a quick message to say well done to the wexford youths fans last tuesday!! After the match ye came over and shock our hands and said well done!! Fair play to ye its nice to see that these days!!

dublin_owl
21/06/2007, 8:53 PM
Just a quick message to say well done to the wexford youths fans last tuesday!! After the match ye came over and shock our hands and said well done!! Fair play to ye its nice to see that these days!!

Heh heh, little do they know that the hands of those of those brave Wexford martyrs had been exposed to ridiculously high levels of polonium radiation! Tick - tock - tick - tock... ;)

Lim till i die
24/06/2007, 1:19 AM
I'm surprised to see you being so negative. Read some of the match reports from the game and they're very positive about the Wexford performance. Not only that but your quoting Lim Til I Die saying we were 'Pi$$ poor', but he also points out that Limerick were only marginally better, that's a Limerick team that's in a strong promotion position. And Lim Til I Die, nice guy and all as I'm sure he is, will never have a good word to say about us

You are pi$$ poor lads

We got out of there on a wet Tuesday with a one nil and everyone of the more, ahem, experienced Limerick fans was absolutely disgusted.

Surely that should tell you something??

I've been going to league of Ireland 14 years and I can honestly say you are probably the worst team I have ever seen

The way ye try to play the game is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong and ye, as fans, shouldn't just sit idly back and take it

Part of the reason your crowds are dwindling is because the way ye play is rubbish, no escaping that.

I have absolutely no problem with ye as people. Infact we all commented on the way home about how nice your fans were compared to some of the ther places in the league.

I have absolutely no problem with the concept of your club. I wish ye well, hope you suceed, but it's not going to happen playing the way you do

(it's the fear you see).

Of Wexford Youth??

LMAO

I'm actually more afraid of being killed falling out of bed

Come back to me in 70 years

It''s more to do with his opinions on a certain member of you're coaching staff I'd say.....

I've always found NOC to be a gentleman. Never had any problem with him that wasn't football related.

The Parasite on the other hand, is a parasite

My opinions on neither would cloud my judgement on Wexfords football though. They're an utterly, utterly hapless shambles of a team

Lim till i die
24/06/2007, 1:21 AM
Describing ye as pi## poor is very harsh as ye were dominant in the first half alright

Only because our lads were a disgrace to the shirt

As has been discussed elsewhere at length ;) :p

wexfordseagull
24/06/2007, 8:28 PM
your missing the point of what is trying to be biult here in wexford,we are a club that up to now has played only 18 competitive matches with some very young lads with most of our squad playing nearly a full season in the wexford league and then a big step up to loi.they are still niave at this level but will get better.i think some of the critisism is best kept for your own club,if we come bottom so what,i am very proud of them all.

Lim till i die
24/06/2007, 10:23 PM
i think some of the critisism is best kept for your own club,if we come bottom so what,i am very proud of them all.

Have a look at the Limerick forum to see what happens when you criticise your own club :eek::D

brokenstar
26/06/2007, 11:48 AM
your missing the point of what is trying to be biult here in wexford,we are a club that up to now has played only 18 competitive matches with some very young lads with most of our squad playing nearly a full season in the wexford league and then a big step up to loi.they are still niave at this level but will get better.i think some of the critisism is best kept for your own club,if we come bottom so what,i am very proud of them all.

Have to applaud this wexfordseagull..

There are still factions out there wanting this instant success at Wexford Youths. Alot of us have accepted that this isn't going to happen. It never was. Our team will be seen by many as whipping boys in the league for a long time, but all mockery and p*ss taking is taken with a pinch of salt as far as i'm concerned. It's easy to pick on the weakest of the bunch, but as we go on, we'll get stronger and stronger and that'll show. What goes around eventually comes around, and i'll stand beside you and say that i'm proud of them all too, no matter where they finish.

passinginterest
26/06/2007, 11:58 AM
Have to applaud this wexfordseagull..

There are still factions out there wanting this instant success at Wexford Youths. Alot of us have accepted that this isn't going to happen. It never was. Our team will be seen by many as whipping boys in the league for a long time, but all mockery and p*ss taking is taken with a pinch of salt as far as i'm concerned. It's easy to pick on the weakest of the bunch, but as we go on, we'll get stronger and stronger and that'll show. What goes around eventually comes around, and i'll stand beside you and say that i'm proud of them all too, no matter where they finish.

Exactly lads. Even the training seems to be geared more towards next season. It's still very heavy fitness, the players were saying after the Finn Harps match that they just didn't have any legs for it. Everything is a building process. The fitness and experience will be at the right level next season and a lot of people will be surprised by the improvement. I hope. :ball:

inexile
26/06/2007, 12:08 PM
Exactly lads. Even the training seems to be geared more towards next season. It's still very heavy fitness, the players were saying after the Finn Harps match that they just didn't have any legs for it. Everything is a building process. The fitness and experience will be at the right level next season and a lot of people will be surprised by the improvement. I hope. :ball:

thats probably cos noel o connor doesnt know anything about training footballers, he would be a good racehorse trainer though. what good is it having fellas that can run all day but cant play ball or be creative? im surprised the players are accepting that kind of training. i always think building for next season is nonsense, football is all about instant gratification

Fairkop
26/06/2007, 10:08 PM
thats probably cos noel o connor doesnt know anything about training footballers, he would be a good racehorse trainer though. what good is it having fellas that can run all day but cant play ball or be creative? im surprised the players are accepting that kind of training. i always think building for next season is nonsense, football is all about instant gratification

do we have those kind of players at lims37...so if lims 37 are not an instant sucess this season YOU will be first in line looking for skees head will you.

inexile
26/06/2007, 10:20 PM
do we have those kind of players at lims37...so if lims 37 are not an instant sucess this season YOU will be first in line looking for skees head will you.

maybe we dont but at least ski attempts to get them to try and play attractive football and i believe the training is infinitely better than under NOC. I will not be looking for ski's head at all i think he is doing a great job, my point is that its is possible to build for the future while still attaining decent results in the interim

G-Man
27/06/2007, 8:34 AM
havent been around here in a while, was just letting things go for a while without comment to see what Wallace will come out with, but to be honest, I'm not as happy as I was a while back. Granted, we are a new club, and it will take time, and so forth. But Mick persists with saying that we are continuily developing and improving and playing good football. Reality is, the team hasnt been improving (I dont think so anyway) and the football isnt great to watch.

Like I said, we are new and I expected results to be so so and for the football not to be anything brilliant, but I also hoped (definatley wouldnt expect it from Mick!) that he would have a bit of reality and say he is dissapointed every now and then. I'm sure he is, an I'm sure he just doesnt want to be criticising anyone, but sometimes as a manager you have to be a little bit harsh when talking about your team. If the guys read the comments every week where he says they are doing great, will that give them a comfort they really cant afford?

we started off the season fairly well, the novelty factor attracted the crowds and the players played with a passion of cup games, but lately its not been so good on all fronts. Crowds dwindling (expected tho really) and players already look tired. I suppose its about finding the right mix and getting the team to really gel, but so far it doesnt seem like they have found the right mix yet.

L37Ultra
27/07/2007, 11:30 PM
Are ye looking forward to tuesday lads?

Sunny Jim
28/07/2007, 9:59 AM
Yeah I am. We've been improving the last few weeks and I think we'll put it up to ye on Tuesday. The two teams must know each other inside out at this stage!

Thunder-WYFC
28/07/2007, 10:32 AM
Lets just wait til we've been to Athlone an back first

L37Ultra
28/07/2007, 9:10 PM
Well done lads. 1-0 against Athlone away. Thats an excellent result. Sets up our 5th meeting of the season nicely!!

kopite
29/07/2007, 5:38 PM
many travelling down from lim?probably bit iffie on a tuesday night? if we play anywhere like we did in our last 2 games,we'll a good game to watch!by the way lim lads,DON'T DO THAT BLOODY BIRDIE SONG!!!

L37Ultra
29/07/2007, 10:39 PM
Not many id say!! at most 15-20!! Why what was wrong with the birde song? :D Is your stand still gone?

Footsoldier
30/07/2007, 8:58 AM
No. It's back but it shrunk with all the rain! It's about half the size it was at the start of the season.

Jofspring
30/07/2007, 9:26 AM
have to say i'm worried about this match....have a feeling this one might finish a draw and 3 points are really needed to keep any momentum going.