PDA

View Full Version : Another Fixture Change!!!

Hulsey
13/06/2007, 1:01 PM
Am I the only one getting extremely ****ed off with this having happened so often this season. Bohs away is on the monday now instead of the friday. It's getting beyond a joke now. I got Friday as my day off from work because that when the games are supposed to be, only for them to be changed every 3rd week. Drogs in the Setanta final. Gamble going to america (joke in my opinion, if we had a player away on 18's or 21's duty wouldn't have been changed, and they'll probably have farrelly and healey among other signings when the game gets rescheduled). Mochta's captain getting married. Waterford to sunday (not even a reason for that one). So now I'm gonna have to try get another favour to try get to the match. Only so many times you can swap shifts or pull a sickie!

BrayUnknowns
13/06/2007, 1:45 PM
The match has been changed due to it being showen live on Setanta. FFS people are always moaning that we dont get on TV enough and when they do show us people moan about it.... can't have it both ways.

- Cork was called off due to Gamble being called up to the Irish squad. FIFA rules. We would do the same if Delaney of Cawley was called up.

- Drogheda was called off due to the Setanta Cup Final. Nothing wrong with that. We would do the same if we reached that final, play a league game on the Friday and a cup final on the Saturday? not a fcuking chance.

- St Mochtas called off due to their player /manager getting married the day before. Would have went ahead but the assistant manager is out of the country. it would have meant no management team for St Mochtas. Nothing wrong with the change. It's a very nice gesture from the club IMO.

- Waterford changed to the Sunday because we are playing at home to Pats on the Friday and away to Drogheda on the Tuesday. Very smart move by Bray if you ask me, gives the players a few days extra rest which will be needed.

- Away game against Bohs changed for TV coverage. Extra exposure for the club can only be a good thing. Plus we get a few bob from Setanta for it so even better again.

Can't see what all the moaning is about really. Just commen sense from the club.

Eoingull
13/06/2007, 1:49 PM
Conor, if it's any consolation, I share your frustrations. I flew home a couple of weeks ago specifically for the Cork v Bray game...which was obviously postponed at very late notice...I ended up going to see UCD instead!!! Looking ahead at the fixtures I thought Bohs v Bray might be a good one and booked a flight home for this game...and then two days later...this too is delayed!!! At this rate I may as well pack in the Irish football, and save myself a lot of money!

BrayUnknowns
13/06/2007, 1:50 PM
Now that's just unlucky !

jonboy
13/06/2007, 3:59 PM
with all due respect to everyones opinion, this is meant to be a professional league, clubs, officials, and the league itself should refeuse point blank in allowing postponements, the postponement of the mochtas game is a joke they knew well in advance the date of the cup match and bray should have stood firm and refused to the fixture change.

the league and the majority of the clubs in it are far from calling themselves professional.

DmanDmythDledge
13/06/2007, 4:07 PM
the postponement of the mochtas game is a joke they knew well in advance the date of the cup match and bray should have stood firm and refused to the fixture change.
The date of a wedding is usually decided upon about a year in advance.

BrayUnknowns
13/06/2007, 4:45 PM
FFS, It's called taking things into consideration and actually having a bit of humality about us. Attidutes like that will get the club or the league no were.

Grey Boy
13/06/2007, 5:56 PM
FFS, It's called taking things into consideration and actually having a bit of humality about us. Attidutes like that will get the club or the league no were.

No , it's called lack of consideration (by the club). I missed a couple of league games last year that were changed with not enough notice for me to change my plans or a sufficient reason given. What is the point in my season ticket if the fixtures aren't as stated. When UCD changed their game to a Thursday at least they gave a reason. It's just announced on our website that there is a change from Friday to Sunday and thats it. Now I'm really only discussing the Cup match for this season here as international call ups and TV games are sufficient reasons to change games. It's bloody frustrating. If the reason for changing this fixture was for their managers wedding as someone posted earlier, that's just not good enough. It's not the attitude on here that is to blame for the perception of our league and club, it's muppetry like that and not telling the fans why in the first place.

BrayUnknowns
14/06/2007, 9:15 AM
That's bollo* IMO, our games have never been changed without giving fans at least 2 weks notice, that's plenty of time and if anyone can't sort out arrangements in 2 week then that's their own fault. The N11 is closing on Friday evening and only opening back up at noon on Sunday, plenty of reason to put a match back by 48 hours. traffic will be fcuking mental in the town until the N11 opens back up, this will force a lot of regulars to stay well clear of the town area on friday evening and saturday.

Why would the club need to go into every detail of why a match has been changed anyway? they gave 3 or more weeks notice about this match being a sunday game, which it always was, there was no changes as it was never down for a friday kick off.

Seagull
14/06/2007, 3:43 PM
That's bollo* IMO, our games have never been changed without giving fans at least 2 weks notice, that's plenty of time and if anyone can't sort out arrangements in 2 week then that's their own fault. The N11 is closing on Friday evening and only opening back up at noon on Sunday, plenty of reason to put a match back by 48 hours. traffic will be fcuking mental in the town until the N11 opens back up, this will force a lot of regulars to stay well clear of the town area on friday evening and saturday.

Why would the club need to go into every detail of why a match has been changed anyway? they gave 3 or more weeks notice about this match being a sunday game, which it always was, there was no changes as it was never down for a friday kick off.

Emmm, the N11 is actually closing on SATURDAY at 8pm until 2pm Sunday...

Grey Boy
14/06/2007, 5:58 PM

I still stand by what I said earlier on this post. If there is a sufficient reason to call off or change a fixture like international call ups/ T.V. showings or large fires, that's fine but when there is NO REASON GIVEN that is unacceptable.

The days of people working 9-5 Mon-Fri are long gone. Season ticket holders who don't do those hours deserve better (before somebody points it out to me, I'm aware this isn't a ST game). IMO the public should know that Bray play all their home games on Friday and only on Friday. I know these changes aren't frequent but it affected me twice (with no explanation) last season. This change doesn't affect me, I'll be there. I'm just making the point.

Hulsey
21/06/2007, 11:11 AM

The wedding and the cup final are grand. The rest are rubbish. Will be interesting to see if Healey and Farrelly line out for Cork even though the were Ineligable for the original date. Personaly I think abandoning a game because one player can't play is ******. Deans couldn't play because of work commitments last year a few times, and while this isn't the same as an international call up, Bray didn't expect a change to the fixture to suit one player. If it was 5 or 6 could understand, but for 1 is a bit of a joke if you ask me. Lets hold up the premiership for a month when the African nations is on next year, in principle its the same thing, but with more teams affected.