PDA

View Full Version : This week's Sausage Pensions

Pages : [1] 2

Réiteoir
12/06/2007, 6:43 PM
eircom League of Ireland suspensions

THIS WEEK’S SUSPENSIONS (as and from 13/6/07)

Suspensions to be served

PIOTR BAJDZIAK (Sligo Rovers) 2nd of 3 MATCHES RED CARD

ALAN BYRNE (Kildare County) 2nd of 2 MATCHES RED CARD

DAVY BYRNE (Athlone Town) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

PAUL CROWLEY (U.C.D.) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

BARRY FERGUSON (Shamrock Rovers) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

KIERAN FITZGERALD (Kilkenny City) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

KEITH FOY (Sligo Rovers) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

JOHN LESTER (Galway United) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

PAUL MALONE (Wexford Youths) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

DANNY O’CONNOR (Shamrock Rovers) 2nd of 3 MATCHES RED CARD

PAT PURCELL (Limerick 37) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

PATRICK SULLIVAN Longford Town) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

SHAUN WILLIAMS* (Dundalk) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS

*Shaun Williams is not eligible to play in FAI Cup for Dundalk so suspension will carry forward to next competitive fixture*

Technical Official Suspensions to be served

EDDIE GORMLEY (Manager, Bray Wanderers) 1 MATCH

PAUL HEGARTY (Manager, Finn Harps) 1 MATCH

BARRY O’CONNOR (Asst. Manager, Kildare County) 1 MATCH

The following suspensions and sanctions were issued by the Disciplinary Commission at their meeting on Wednesday, 30th May 2007 and are effective as and from Wednesday, 13th June 2007 unless otherwise stated:

Davy Byrne (Athlone Town) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Barry Ferguson (Shamrock Rovers) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Greg O’Halloran (Derry City) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League of Ireland match and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Longford Town (19.05.07).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served.

Austin O’Neill (Kildare County) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League of Ireland match and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Monaghan United (18.05.07).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served.

Patrick Sullivan (Longford Town) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

The following suspensions and sanctions were issued by the Disciplinary Commission at their meeting on Thursday, 7th June 2007 and are effective as and from Thursday, 21st June 2007 unless otherwise stated:

Alan Byrne (Kildare County) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Limerick 37 (26.05.07).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served and ONE (1) competitive match as and from

Thursday, 21st June.

Davy Byrne (Athlone Town) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €100 as a result of being sent off v Wexford Youths (25.05.07).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served as is additional one match suspension.

Derry City were fined €100 for the late submission of their team sheet v U.C.D. (25.05.07).

John Flynn (Kildare County) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League of Ireland match and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Limerick 37 (26.05.07).

Graham Gartland (Drogheda United) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Shamrock Rovers (25.05.07).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served and ONE (1) competitive match as and from

Thursday, 21st June.

John Lester (Galway United) suspended for ONE (1) eircom League of Ireland match and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Bohemians (25.05.07).

Limerick 37 were fined €200 for the late submission of their team sheet v U.C.D. (25.05.07).

Monaghan United were fined €100 for the late submission of their team sheet v Kilkenny City (25.05.07).

Alan Murphy (Galway United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Stephen Rice (Bohemians) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Shane Robinson (Drogheda United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Ian Rossiter (Athlone Town) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Wexford Youths (25.05.07).

Thursday, 21st June.

Shamrock Rovers were fined €100 as a result of smoke canisters and flares being set off by their supporters v Drogheda United (25.05.07).

Jim Sheridan (Athlone Town) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Darren Young (Athlone Town) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Ends

sligoman
12/06/2007, 7:45 PM
eircom League of Ireland suspensions

THIS WEEK’S SUSPENSIONS (as and from 13/6/07)

Suspensions to be served

PIOTR BAJDZIAK (Sligo Rovers) 2nd of 3 MATCHES RED CARD

KEITH FOY (Sligo Rovers) 1 MATCH 4 POINTS
I thought league and cup suspensions are seperate from each other?:confused:

Also, maybe I'm missing it but how come Bohs weren't fined €100 after having seven players carded against us? Clubs have been fined for this, if six or more players are carded in a game, this season. Do the same rules not apply to Bohs?

RRS

Raheny Red
12/06/2007, 8:28 PM
How come Rovers were fined for their use of flares and Bohs V Stains wasn't :confused:

Leejo
12/06/2007, 9:14 PM
Limerick 37 were fined €200 for the late submission of their team sheet v U.C.D. (25.05.07).

Monaghan United were fined €100 for the late submission of their team sheet v Kilkenny City (25.05.07).

Why were Limerick fined €200 and Monaghan €100 for the same offence??

sligoman
12/06/2007, 9:15 PM
Why were Limerick fined €200 and Monaghan €100 for the same offence??Maybe fine increases for second offence? Just a guess...

Schumi
12/06/2007, 9:28 PM
Why were Limerick fined €200 and Monaghan €100 for the same offence??
Limerick were fined more because they were really late with their teamsheet. They haven't played UCD since last August.

pineapple stu
12/06/2007, 9:38 PM
And that wasn't even Limerick 37!

I think we organised a friendly against them - they wanted to try out a few players and we wanted to give the 21s a run. If they got fined for handing in a teamsheet late in a meaningless friendly, that's utterly ridiculous.

Schumi
12/06/2007, 9:41 PM
I think we organised a friendly against them - they wanted to try out a few players and we wanted to give the 21s a run. If they got fined for handing in a teamsheet late in a meaningless friendly, that's utterly ridiculous.We played Derry on the 25th, it must be a tpo. Maybe Derry would be fined more as they're a premier team?

pineapple stu
12/06/2007, 9:43 PM
No, Derry are in there as well as getting fined against us on that day!

I think the Limerick game was the day after.

LukeO
12/06/2007, 10:27 PM
How come Rovers were fined for their use of flares and Bohs V Stains wasn't :confused:

We obtained clearance from the FAI to use them, Rovers obviously didn't.

DmanDmythDledge
12/06/2007, 10:35 PM
So the rules have now changed apparantly?

Raheny Red
12/06/2007, 10:35 PM

Oh yeah, remember you telling me that alright.

BohsFans
12/06/2007, 11:30 PM

That's always been the case.

LukeO
12/06/2007, 11:54 PM
Well, they don't allow it for flares any more.

alltogethernow
13/06/2007, 10:50 AM

Always been allowed if permission is given and we didn't have flares against Pat's in Dalyer it was just smoke.

passerrby
13/06/2007, 10:56 AM
Maybe fine increases for second offence? Just a guess...

think your right

OneRedArmy
13/06/2007, 11:00 AM
Always been allowed if permission is given and we didn't have flares against Pat's in Dalyer it was just smoke.No, they aren't allowed and smoke cans carry an even higher fine iirc.

alltogethernow
13/06/2007, 11:02 AM
No, they aren't allowed and smoke cans carry an even higher fine iirc.

With permission smoke can be used, seems to be a blankett ban on flares though.

Mr A
14/06/2007, 8:59 AM
Isn't it because under the terms of his loan deal Drogheda won't let him play in it?

More a case of Drogheda making the rules up and Dundalk agreeing to them than the FAI making them up.

monutdfc
14/06/2007, 9:12 AM
Isn't it because under the terms of his loan deal Drogheda won't let him play in it?

More a case of Drogheda making the rules up and Dundalk agreeing to them than the FAI making them up.
Yes, but if that is the case why does his suspension not apply to that game anyway, as it is the terms of an agreement between the clubs not an FAI rule that loan players can't play in the Cup.
Could the FAI say that a player's suspension carries over to the next game if he is injured and would be playing anyway?

Battery Rover
18/06/2007, 4:02 PM
Maybe fine increases for second offence? Just a guess...

Yes they double every offence from what I have heard. Wonder what the highest total will be by the end of the season?

There seems to be some incosistency though. When we played Wexford a few weeks ago the ref was still out on the pitch 40 mins before kick off(I think the sheets have to be handed in 1 hour before) and not in his dressing room to receive team sheets from what I can remember

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:30 PM
they must just give out random fines and put random figures down for the fines

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:33 PM
they must just give out random fines and put random figures down for the fines
Where do you get that from?

feo123
18/06/2007, 11:38 PM
Where do you get that from?

giving one team a fine of €200 for an offence and giving another team a hundred less for the exact same thing
clubs getting fines for one thing and other clubs not getting anything for the same offence etc.

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 11:42 PM
giving one team a fine of €200 for an offence and giving another team a hundred less for the exact same thing
clubs getting fines for one thing and other clubs not getting anything for the same offence etc.
Clubs get fined double for second offences and so on.

sligoman
19/06/2007, 1:24 PM
Why weren't Bohs fined for their game Vs. us though? 7 players yellow carded.

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 3:36 PM

because we're the Big Club! :rolleyes:

The Sligo obsession with Bohs has become boring.

sligoman
19/06/2007, 8:25 PM
because we're the Big Club! :rolleyes:

The Sligo obsession with Bohs has become boring.It's not an obsession. I couldn't care less about ye, although when you tap up our players then I do but that's a different story.

Other clubs have got fined 100euro for having 6 or more players yellow carded in a game. Why isn't the same handed to Bohs? It's a simple question of fairness in punishments, not an obsession. Try and learn the difference please.

BohsPartisan
19/06/2007, 10:25 PM
It's not an obsession. I couldn't care less about ye, although when you tap up our players then I do but that's a different story.

Thats a hell of an allegation.

BohsFans
19/06/2007, 11:40 PM
It's not an obsession. I couldn't care less about ye, although when you tap up our players then I do but that's a different story.

Other clubs have got fined 100euro for having 6 or more players yellow carded in a game. Why isn't the same handed to Bohs? It's a simple question of fairness in punishments, not an obsession. Try and learn the difference please.

The rule is 5 or more, not 6. Tell someone who cares - info@fai.ie
Wait now, I doubt they care either. :p

We didn't tap up any of your players!:rolleyes:

Celdrog
20/06/2007, 7:34 AM
How in the name of god is Williams ineligible for the cup? The FAI appear to be still making up the rules as it goes along.
You couldn't make this up.
He is not ineligible for the cup. We simply told you not to play him.
He may be coming back to the Drogs in July and we thought we may still be in the cup. If he stays at Dundalk I presume he'll play in the next round.

Dodge
20/06/2007, 8:11 AM
Jeesh, relax lads, its obvious he meant it in the broadest terms. Turner was under contract and has agreed to sign for Bohs. It doesn't matter if its within 6 months of the end of his contract in these terms.

It might legally but we're an internet forum so can the Bohs fans get down off their high horse

alltogethernow
20/06/2007, 4:35 PM
Jeesh, relax lads, its obvious he meant it in the broadest terms. Turner was under contract and has agreed to sign for Bohs. It doesn't matter if its within 6 months of the end of his contract in these terms.

It might legally but we're an internet forum so can the Bohs fans get down off their high horse

An official approach was made for Turner before the season started so cant see it as tapping up:confused:

Fair enough he has signed a pre contract but HE was the one who went behind Sligo's back, Bohs and Sean Connor have made it quite clear they want him at the club.

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 4:37 PM
An official approach was made for Turner before the season started so cant see it as tapping up:confused:
It's tapping up if Sligo didn't give Bohs permission to speak to him.

BohsPartisan
20/06/2007, 4:44 PM
It's tapping up if Sligo didn't give Bohs permission to speak to him.

6 months left on his contract, he can talk to anyone he wants.

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 4:45 PM
6 months left on his contract, he can talk to anyone he wants.
I was referring to the start of the season.

BohsFans
20/06/2007, 6:33 PM
I was referring to the start of the season.

An approach was made to Sligo at the start of the season.

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 6:34 PM
An approach was made to Sligo at the start of the season.
That wouldn't have entitled Bohs to speak to Turner at the time.

BohsFans
20/06/2007, 6:35 PM
That wouldn't have entitled Bohs to speak to Turner at the time.

:rolleyes:

Did we speck to Turner at the time?

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 6:37 PM

Did we speck to Turner at the time?
Yes and you reported for tapping up.

sligoman
20/06/2007, 6:38 PM

Did we speck to Turner at the time?Most likely. He was fully aware of the offer from Bohs. Interview in the paper prior to our game with yerselves in Dalymount this season.

BohsFans
20/06/2007, 6:41 PM
Yes and you reported for tapping up.

I'd love to see your proof!

It didn't happen.:rolleyes:

BohsFans
20/06/2007, 6:45 PM
Most likely. He was fully aware of the offer from Bohs. Interview in the paper prior to our game with yerselves in Dalymount this season.

So him being made aware that another club wanted to sign him now equates to a tapping up offence?

:eek: Whhoooww

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 7:22 PM
I'd love to see your proof!

It didn't happen.:rolleyes:
So you're saying the Sligo board are lying?

It's very difficult thing to prove because the club themselves are hardly going to own up to it and the player involved probably wouldn't be signed by the club, and would probably be given a better contract to keep his mouth shut. Anybody making allegations of tapping up would be almost certain of it as they could easily get used for libel/slander (whichever it is).

I suppose you know for a fact it didn't happen.:rolleyes: Doesn't help when Connor has a history of tapping up either.

Réiteoir
21/06/2007, 8:46 PM

In this week's email release:

Bohemians were fined €200 for the improper conduct of their players (seven players carded) v Sligo Rovers (02.06.07).

sligoman
21/06/2007, 9:57 PM
In this week's email release:I emailed the FAI the other day. Justice is served:)

BohsFans
22/06/2007, 12:49 AM
So you're saying the Sligo board are lying?

Lying about what?

I haven't seen a quote or a statement.

alltogethernow
22/06/2007, 9:10 AM
I emailed the FAI the other day. Justice is served:)

Also with the €1,000 fine for your fans and stewarding, justice is served after all the rubbish Sligo came out with after the game.

Battery Rover
22/06/2007, 9:13 AM
Also with the €1,000 fine for your fans and stewarding, justice is served after all the rubbish Sligo came out with after the game.

What did the Sligo Rovers supporters do? It seems a huge fine

alltogethernow
22/06/2007, 9:37 AM
What did the Sligo Rovers supporters do? It seems a huge fine

The abuse they gave to SC