PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock game on TV

DmanDmythDledge
12/06/2007, 6:32 PM
Our game against Shamrock Rovers, originally scheduled for Friday 13th July, has been moved to Monday 16th July with an 8pm kick-off live on Setanta Sports.

pineapple stu
12/06/2007, 6:34 PM
Hmmm...cool.

Hope it's a bit better than the last meeting...

Poor Student
12/06/2007, 6:35 PM
Does that mean €2,500 for us?

NY Hoop
13/06/2007, 4:15 PM
Our game against Shamrock Rovers, originally scheduled for Friday 13th July, has been moved to Monday 16th July with an 8pm kick-off live on Setanta Sports.

Are you from sligo with this shams sh1t?

Home club gets €3,000 and away is €2,000.

With all due respect this game shouldnt be televised live. Better if it was live from Belfield IMO.

KOH

Bald Student
13/06/2007, 4:16 PM
With all due respect this game shouldnt be televised live. Better if it was live from Belfield IMO.
It could be, Belfield's available.

Schumi
13/06/2007, 4:22 PM
Are you from sligo with this shams sh1t?You're right, I've changed the title now.

NY Hoop
13/06/2007, 4:24 PM
You're right, I've changed the title now.

Still wrong. No such club as shamrock. Try again.

KOH

Bald Student
13/06/2007, 5:35 PM
And what's the story with this 'UCD' forum? I presume you're referring to University College Dublin, The National University of Ireland, Dublin, Association Football Club? What you mean is completely unclear from the context.

Schumi
13/06/2007, 5:41 PM
Still wrong. No such club as shamrock. Try again.I tried changing it to "Club whose fans' touchiness over their name is counterproductive" but that seems to be too long.

NY Hoop
14/06/2007, 10:40 AM
I tried changing it to "Club whose fans' touchiness over their name is counterproductive" but that seems to be too long.

Nothing to do with touchiness but getting it right. Nobody refers to your club as "U".

Back on topic will you bring many to the live game?

KOH

Poor Student
14/06/2007, 12:22 PM
Nothing to do with touchiness but getting it right. Nobody refers to your club as "U".

Most people omit the second D in our name.

Jerry The Saint
14/06/2007, 12:44 PM

And loads of places refer to your club as Shamrock. It's not a bad name, you should be proud of it.

Poor Student
14/06/2007, 12:45 PM
And loads of places refer to your club as Shamrock. It's not a bad name, you should be proud of it.

You often hear of Blackburn Rovers, Raith Rovers etc. being referred to without the Rovers. It only becomes problematic when you have a situation like the two clubs in Bristol.

gustavo
14/06/2007, 1:01 PM
You often hear of Blackburn Rovers, Raith Rovers etc. being referred to without the Rovers. It only becomes problematic when you have a situation like the two clubs in Bristol.
In fairness to the Shams fan , theres no such place as Shamrock unlike Blackburn or Raith so I imagine this is what gets them hot under the collar.

NY Hoop
14/06/2007, 1:24 PM
In fairness to the ROVERS fan , theres no such place as Shamrock unlike Blackburn or Raith so I imagine this is what gets them hot under the collar.

It takes a sligo fan to talk sense here!

Since the UCD fans dont know how many they will bring how many sligo coming saturday?

KOH

pineapple stu
14/06/2007, 5:33 PM
On topic - don't know. Going to try to get together a few anyways. Aim for 20 in a group I suppose.

CollegeTillIDie
15/06/2007, 7:28 AM
Monday nights don't suit me as I have a commitment that evening.
I normally never miss an away game with Rovers but I probably will have to this time unfortunately. Although ...If they don't close the gates till half-time, and it's an 8 p.m. kick-off, I might be able to make some of it.

Dodge
15/06/2007, 7:39 AM
It takes a sligo fan to talk sense here!

You realise if you said nothing it'd probably just go away, don't you?

I'd like to thank Tony Bird for being the first person I heard using the name on TV. Also the name used on Sky Sports News scroll bar thingy

CollegeTillIDie
15/06/2007, 9:02 AM

I'd like to thank Tony Bird for being the first person I heard using the name on TV. Also the name used on Sky Sports News scroll bar thingy

Just cause the Brits think it's a good idea doesn't mean it necessarily is one.
I mean they thought imperialism was a good idea too, and look how wrong they were about that one ! :D

mypost
15/06/2007, 9:46 AM
Aim for 20 in a group I suppose.

Bray brought 35-odd to Tolka, UCD will probably bring (a lot) less than 20.

Jerry The Saint
15/06/2007, 9:50 AM

Don't forget betting sites! If someone can find me a higher authority than the bookies I may change my mind. :)

19:30 Shamrock vs Sligo 4/6 9/4 7/2

Anyway, this silly debate will be finished when Thomas Davis are forced to back down and the club can finally start using their legitimate name - Tallaght Rovers FC.

DmanDmythDledge
15/06/2007, 1:10 PM
Bray brought 35-odd to Tolka, UCD will probably bring (a lot) less than 20.
I couldn't give a toss what Bray brought.

Are you taking bets on the crowd again?:rolleyes: