PDA

View Full Version : new players ????

daithi552
03/03/2003, 2:23 AM
anyone with news of new players for limerick this seacon ????

sadloserkid
03/03/2003, 8:19 AM
Oh feck it, why not... none of these are 100% but they'll have to do you lot...

Phillip Purcell (Full-back and brother of Pat)
Some keeper from Sligo (supposed to be good but was only on the bench for them last year)
Full-back from St.Michaels in Tipp. Also reputed to be pretty excellent
Declan Considine (weighing up Limerick and Kilkenny as we speak)
Some Dublin City ex?
Stephen O'Flynn :)
Supposed to be another few as well but we won't know until we go snooping at one of their training sessions. We will...

JohnD
03/03/2003, 8:25 AM
Great news if Deckie comes back. i remember him fom Rathbane days and he always gave 100%. SLK any news on the meeting ?

JohnD

sadloserkid
03/03/2003, 8:29 AM
Not yet JohnD, gael is trying to track down John Purcell but I suspect that they want to get the ground nailed down before meeting us to prevent any of our thoughts on that being relevant.

JohnD
03/03/2003, 8:30 AM
Sound. Thanks for that, cant wait already for the new season.

LFC in Exile
03/03/2003, 8:57 AM
SLK,

Is the St Michaels player called Mark Tobin? He plays for St Michaels - I saw them a couple of times last season (my in-laws are from Tipp and live near the ground). He is an outstanding left full - I belive he is on the internatinal squad, but could be corrected on that. If it is one and the same then this will turn out to be the signing of the season and I could confidently lay a small wager for next year's player of the season.

The only problem is that Michael's right full is a bit of a stick. :)

sadloserkid
03/03/2003, 9:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was their left-full who was mentioned LFCIE, didn't get a name but almost sure it was their left-back. It's not concrete yet but we've been talking to him alright.

LFC Blue
03/03/2003, 1:03 PM
That list you gave SLK looks pretty encouraging.If O'Connor can bring all them in he has done well.Considine is a very competent winger and is badly needed and always played for the shirt.The new left back sounds good too

JohnD
03/03/2003, 1:17 PM
Declan was always a great trier and we need full backs. I may be crazy but i feel optimistic already...must take the tablets!!:p

Any news as to when we will play our Home matches Weekends or midweek ?

lims fan
04/03/2003, 8:06 AM
what is the muppet playing at now? He is bringing in a pack of junior players who are duds and where are these seasoned LOI players he promised who were NOT local. What kind of a fool is he?

LFC in Exile
04/03/2003, 8:15 AM
You have no credibility left.

You wanted new full backs - two are signed (one of which is a junior international - I bet Waterford weren't complaining about Ryan Cosgrave being a junior player before he signed for them).

A keeper - from another eL club - non-local. A position in which we need cover.

Someone to fight with Shane for the right midfield spot.

Keeping Stephen O'Flynn.

The Dublin City player we cannot comment on except to say that he is a NON-LOCAL.

Criticism is one thing. But when O'Connor acts in a way that you have been calling for all season and you still criticise one must wonder what your real agenda is.

You're not George W. in disguise by any chance?

BlueisBeautiful
04/03/2003, 8:51 AM
.... definately signed or is this all just waffle and smokescreens?

sadloserkid
04/03/2003, 8:54 AM
They've all been approached anyway and are all more likely to sign than not. I think the keeper is 100% now as is O'Flynn. Purcell is about 90% certain and the others all look good bets. Apparently there are other players being checked out too but I have no idea who they are at the moment.

sadloserkid
04/03/2003, 1:50 PM
Some more news. We've signed Brian Morris-Roe (ex St.Pats, Rovers, Dundalk, Athlone et al.) and the Sligo keeper is called Healy. Morris-Roe has a hell of alot of experience and scored a cracker against us for Athlone a coupla years ago. Club are also meeting Pike and FAI tomorrow.

JohnD
04/03/2003, 2:23 PM
SLK Your'e amazing. You are quite a newshound..Thanks for single handedly keeping us all up to date boy!!:D

sadloserkid
04/03/2003, 2:35 PM
And before I forget Derek Whyte has retired from senior football this season. And Colm Heffernan will not be missing this season. Heard a few rumours about players who have been released but because they're only rumours I don't want to give any names yet. And John, check your e-mail account boy!

JohnD
04/03/2003, 2:59 PM
OK message received loud and clear!!..This work thing has me too busy!!..going to check now John

deise deserter
04/03/2003, 4:08 PM
Any news on Noel taking on an assistant? I could see a place for Derek Whyte there...

gael353
04/03/2003, 7:37 PM
And there meeting them up at the pike tomorrow between 9:30 and 2. so go along and surprise Ralphy and co lol. SLK bring the flags on sunday come on we'll get a crowd out lol (sic Dave Maheady) he he

gael353
04/03/2003, 7:40 PM
i responded to this but dunno where it went. There meeting them between 9:30 and 2 tomorrow so drop along and watch ralphys face drop he he! Oh slk bring the flags on Sunday you might as well shur they'll attract a huge crowd lol (sic Dave Maheady)