PDA

View Full Version : Charity

Tis-smeee
11/06/2007, 10:39 PM
I think its a great move by the english players to donate all future match fees to charity,wonder if our boys in green will follow suit?

What does everyone think

OwlsFan
12/06/2007, 9:16 AM
It's hard enough to get players to turn out for their country these days without now suggesting they won't get paid for it :rolleyes: Also some of the fringe Irish players wouldn't be on big money compared to their English counter-parts.

Dodge
12/06/2007, 9:28 AM
They're on enough money not to need the couple of quid the FAI give them (I doubt there's any player who's a first team regular in the championship or above who's earning less than £3k a week). FAI should pay expenses and no more IMO. Paying millionaires to play for their country is disgraceful IMO

Hibs4Ever
12/06/2007, 10:57 AM
They're on enough money not to need the couple of quid the FAI give them (I doubt there's any player who's a first team regular in the championship or above who's earning less than £3k a week). FAI should pay expenses and no more IMO. Paying millionaires to play for their country is disgraceful IMO

Agree 100%

Players expecting to be paid to play for their country should be told to fook off

as_i_say
12/06/2007, 11:00 AM

Indeed. Dunno about it being disgraceful its gone on for so long but they get all their expenses paid for and it would be a nice gesture. Our lot definitely dont need the cash. Who knows maybe in the future millionaire footballers in europe wont be paid by their associations for turning up.

Anyone know how much they get per appearance and is it the one amount regardless of whether you're robbie keane or random new lad?

bwagner
12/06/2007, 2:24 PM
lads the boys gave enough away to cyprus

John83
12/06/2007, 2:57 PM
Anyone know how much they get per appearance and is it the one amount regardless of whether you're robbie keane or random new lad?
I think it's a flat rate in the region of €1k each, but I've no idea how reliable that figure is - take it as rumour.

blackholesun
12/06/2007, 11:00 PM
In this day and age its a disgrace that players expect to be paid to play for their country!

If Delaney had any balls, hed put an end to this and any players who dont like it could lump it.

All the money should go instead into grass roots football.

I wonder will this England gesture extend to the players cut from major finals? Doubt it!

bhs

youngirish
13/06/2007, 10:08 AM
I wonder will this England gesture extend to the players cut from major finals? Doubt it!

If our players implement it at least that's something we won't have to worry about.