PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for French league

superfrank
11/06/2007, 4:08 PM
Me and my mates are looking to go to France in August/September when the Ligue Une season starts up again. Anyone know where I'd be able to get some tickets. I'm aware the fixtures haven't been printed yet, etc/. Just looking for a contact.

Dazzy
11/06/2007, 7:23 PM
You can buy them online form clubs for some parts of the grounds.

What team/s you looking to see?

superfrank
11/06/2007, 7:59 PM
Marseille, as I'm a big fan but I understand it'd be very difficult to get tickets for the Stade Velodrome so maybe I'd look at Marseille playing away.

All help appreciated.

Eoingull
11/06/2007, 8:03 PM
I went to see PSG a few years ago, and just bought my ticket the day before in a sports shop, a bit like Champion Sports or the likes. I think it was called Foot Locker...not sure, their website gives all the details. Their Ultras sit, or stand, behind each goal...and as a football tourist I wouldn't recommend joining them. They were really animated the game I was at. About 50 flares were thrown on the pitch and the match delayed for ten minutes. Best to sit along the side.

Dazzy
11/06/2007, 8:53 PM
I went to see PSG a few years ago, and just bought my ticket the day before in a sports shop, a bit like Champion Sports or the likes. I think it was called Foot Locker...not sure, their website gives all the details. Their Ultras sit, or stand, behind each goal...and as a football tourist I wouldn't recommend joining them. They were really animated the game I was at. About 50 flares were thrown on the pitch and the match delayed for ten minutes. Best to sit along the side.

Thats the only part of the ground id recomend going too. Paris Ultras aint too bad. You would never get tickets unless you know someone in the groups.

superfrank
11/06/2007, 9:04 PM
Thats the only part of the ground id recomend going too. Paris Ultras aint too bad. You would never get tickets unless you know someone in the groups.
From what I've heard, Paris Ultras are very bad. They've split into two groups: one's for mainly Parisiens who are French through and through, the other is has a mix of all the African descendents and some French people too.

Apparently it is not uncommon for the two groups to fight with themselves before matches.

Dazzy
11/06/2007, 9:09 PM
From what I've heard, Paris Ultras are very bad. They've split into two groups: one's for mainly Parisiens who are French through and through, the other is has a mix of all the African descendents and some French people too.

Apparently it is not uncommon for the two groups to fight with themselves before matches.

All that stuff has been dealt with over a year ago, when a group causing some of the trouble has gone out of existence, but the situation was more complicated. Ive met a few of them and some were over here for the cup final in December.

I would avoid away matches too with Marseilles and some of their rivials, there would be a slight hint of trouble, same really with most teams.

superfrank
12/06/2007, 11:14 AM
I would avoid away matches too with Marseilles and some of their rivials, there would be a slight hint of trouble, same really with most teams.
I was thinking more of maybe Marseille away to Monaco (they never sell out any fixtures nowadays) or one of the smaller clubs like Le Mans, Nancy or Metz though I'm aware this is stretching across a vast part of France.

I really wouldn't be crestfallen if I couldn't get tickets for Marseille, just any match really.

mypost
12/06/2007, 11:43 AM
I really wouldn't be crestfallen if I couldn't get tickets for Marseille, just any match really.

For Marseille, they can only be ordered on the official website in French, via registration in French, and you will have to collect them over there, in French.

They can also be bought at the Marseille Tourist Office in the city centre, but they will be limited to certain areas of the stadium. There are only 2 stands open. Behind the goals, and the visitors section are OB.

Dodge
12/06/2007, 11:51 AM
Tickets for PSG can be bought in the following places

http://www.psg.fr/fr/ticketing/ticket_vendors/0,,1218,00.html

Friends of mine bought them in the PSG shop near the Champs Elyses

superfrank
12/06/2007, 3:41 PM
Thanks lads.

Troy.McClure
12/06/2007, 7:23 PM
You should be able to buy them form the ticket office up to the day before a match unless its a big match (ie PSG V Marseille).

Why you would want to go to a Marseille match is beyond me though, their fans are scum (generally speaking).

Try fnac.fr too. They have an english language option hidden on their page somewhere, although you might need a french credit card.

mypost
12/06/2007, 7:46 PM
Why you would want to go to a Marseille match is beyond me though, their fans are scum (generally speaking).

Wrong :rolleyes::mad:

Marseille fans are loyal, vocal, and passionate. There can be sporadic trouble at one match every year against PSG.

There's more (and worse) trouble in Italy every week.

Troy.McClure
13/06/2007, 1:29 AM
Im not so much talking about the stadium (prob one of the best for atmosphere in Europe Id say), but the ones that you see on the street, day to day (in France), so I've no desire to go where they congrigate.

Thats my experience from living in Strasbourg and Paris anywaay.

mypost
13/06/2007, 2:48 AM
Im not so much talking about the stadium (prob one of the best for atmosphere in Europe Id say), but the ones that you see on the street, day to day (in France), so I've no desire to go where they congrigate.

Thats my experience from living in Strasbourg and Paris anywaay.

A Paris resident thinking Marseille fans are scum. Quelle surprise!! :eek::rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
13/06/2007, 10:57 AM
Hey, did I say that PSG fans were much better?

DaveyCakes
14/06/2007, 12:39 PM
I think ticketnet.fr do ticketing for a couple of clubs.