PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Senior Cup

Pages : [1] 2

Number9
11/06/2007, 2:19 PM
Was in attendance at Jackman Park, Limerick yesterday for Senior Cup match - absolutely beautiful day for spectators - sun splitting rocks - sensible refereeing ensured that the girls were able to take lots of fluids - Limerick37 Ladies (previously known as the Limerick Ladies League) beat Ballincollig 1 goal to nil. Any other results?

Pictures on www.limerick37fc.ie

nemi7
11/06/2007, 6:29 PM
UCD 0 RAheny 7

very interesting

cityman
12/06/2007, 8:49 AM
Is that a correct score in Raheny-UCD match?

chippy125
14/06/2007, 6:47 PM
Galway Ladies League 4 Ballina 2
Tough game but good result 4 Galway.: Anyone know when the draw 4 the next round will be held.

Squeez
15/06/2007, 11:52 AM
Cork League overcame Limerick Desmond 3-0. Cork don't look as strong as last year but maybe it's early days...

chick
19/06/2007, 1:41 PM
yes cityman, that was the right score of the raheny-ucd game! :eek:

Any news on the second round draw?? :rolleyes:

Number9
20/06/2007, 1:37 PM
Copied off the Mayo Women's League website -

http://www.mayowomenssoccer.com/

GOOD LUCK

16/06/07

IRISH CUP

the Mayo league play Limerick away in the second round of the Irish Cup 2007 on July 22th.

Raheny Red
20/06/2007, 1:52 PM
yes cityman, that was the right score of the raheny-ucd game! :eek:

Any news on the second round draw?? :rolleyes:

Supposedly UCD's best 4 players have headed to the States :confused:

chick
21/06/2007, 5:56 PM
dundalk are up against wexford, mayo play limerick and st.catherines V galway.

Countryripple
24/06/2007, 12:40 PM
It was a FULL strength UCD team.

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2007, 4:09 PM
Stella Maris play Raheny United in the First Round proper( last 16)
Wexford League are hosting Dundalk City
and Benfica host Wilton, which might account for the Cork League side not being as strong as last year( i.e minus the Wilton contingent. )
Countryripple from what I am told UCD 2007 vintage is nowhere near as potent as it's 2006 crop.

Anybody else know the rest of the draw?

nemi7
07/07/2007, 6:52 PM
peamount have cork league at home.

ooo revenge

Countryripple
09/07/2007, 4:34 PM
I didnt say how good or bad they were compared to other years. I was just telling the person that yes, it was a full strength team.

Im sure people know themselves why their players are not returning to play for them. :p

Southside Girl
13/07/2007, 5:07 PM
yeah cause they have 3 girls gone on J1, two girls in oz and another two girls went back to GAA, from what i saw on ucd team part of their squad was 4 freshers from college team, so i dont know where your all getting the 'still strong' ucd lark from.

cityman
13/07/2007, 6:39 PM
SG,

Out of those 3 girls on J1's I know that 2 of them are not going to go near ucd when they do come back. The 3rd girl maybe coming back. Has anyone thought why players have left? One person runs that club- no matter what u you hear. Until that situation is changed ucd are going to seem more unattractive to future players.
The last couple of coaches that have gone there were booted out, can anyone guess why?? How long before the current one 'leaves'?
Will there be a ucd team next season?.... Does anyone out there care??:D

chick
18/07/2007, 9:53 PM

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2192

FAI Umbro Women’s Senior Cup Fixtures:

Sunday 22 July

Combined Counties v Lifford, Lissywoolen, St Catherines v Galway & District League, Walkinstown Avenue, 2pm, Limerick League v Mayo League, Jackman Park, 3pm, Peamount United v Cork League, Peamount Hospital, 2pm, Dundalk WFC v DWSL, Oriel Park, 4.30, Wexford League v Dundalk City, North End, 3pm, Stella Maris v Raheny United, Stella Maris FC, Benfica v Wilton United, South End, 3pm.

rasper
19/07/2007, 6:56 PM
who will be in the last 8 i think
Combined Counties v Lifford, Lissywoolen,( lifford)
St Catherines v Galway & District League, Walkinstown Avenue, 2pm,(galway)
Limerick League v Mayo League, Jackman Park, 3pm, (mayo)
Peamount United v Cork League, Peamount Hospital, 2pm,(peamount)
Dundalk WFC v DWSL, Oriel Park, 4.30, (dwsl)
Wexford League v Dundalk City, North End, 3pm, (wexford)
Stella Maris v Raheny United, Stella Maris FC, (raheny)
Benfica v Wilton United, South End, 3pm.(wilton)
what do you think???????????

chick
20/07/2007, 10:48 AM
I would predict the exact same!

Lifford
Galway
Mayo
Peamount
DWSL
Wexford
Raheny
Wilton

Anyone else agree/disagree?? :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
20/07/2007, 7:56 PM
who will be in the last 8 i think
Combined Counties v Lifford, Lissywoolen,( lifford)
St Catherines v Galway & District League, Walkinstown Avenue, 2pm,(galway)
Limerick League v Mayo League, Jackman Park, 3pm, (mayo)
Peamount United v Cork League, Peamount Hospital, 2pm,(peamount)
Dundalk WFC v DWSL, Oriel Park, 4.30, (dwsl)
Wexford League v Dundalk City, North End, 3pm, (wexford)
Stella Maris v Raheny United, Stella Maris FC, (raheny)
Benfica v Wilton United, South End, 3pm.(wilton)
what do you think???????????

Benfica's game is taking place at St. Saviours in Ballybeg at 3 p.m.

CollegeTillIDie
20/07/2007, 7:59 PM
I would predict the exact same!

Lifford
Galway
Mayo
Peamount
DWSL
Wexford
Raheny
Wilton

Anyone else agree/disagree?? :rolleyes:

Benfica if they get their first choice team out will be too strong for Wilton.
They are 10 years in the Dublin Premier Division now, the strongest league in the country. Wilton 2007 vintage, are my Leeside sources advise me, a far cry from even last year's team.

Wexford Rules
20/07/2007, 11:16 PM
They are 10 years in the Dublin Premier Division now, the strongest league in the country. Wilton 2007 vintage, are my Leeside sources advise me, a far cry from even last year's team.

Benfica could be too strong for Wilton. Wexford are putting out a very young side against Dundalk City, its a gamble that will either pay off or go desperately wrong

DWSL have conceded a walkover to Dundalk

rasper
21/07/2007, 3:02 PM
well that one game i got wrong.
mayo travel to limerick with achanged team from last year missing five of the girls that started last year but have trained hard for this match as they travel to europe in august in womens europe cup.but anything can happen on the day by all reports limerick are a good footballing side and mayo will need to be on their toes

Wexford Rules
22/07/2007, 9:12 PM
Dundalk City beat Wexford four two after Wexford had led twice. Dundalk were the fitter on the day and well worthy of their place in the last eight. Two goals in the final five minutes gave them victory

Wilton beat Benfica three one

rasper
22/07/2007, 9:52 PM
mayo over came a strong limerick side 4-2 A.E.T. a game that could have gone either way right up to the final whistle.well done to lifford,wilton,dundalk city,dundalk fc.anyone got the rest of the results??????????

chick
22/07/2007, 10:19 PM
As far as I know,

Combined Counties 1-3 Lifford
St Catherines 2-6 Galway & District League
Limerick League 2-4 Mayo League (AET)
Peamount United 2-0 Cork League
Dundalk WFC v DWSL - walkover to dundalk WFC
Wexford League 2-4 Dundalk City
Stella Maris v Raheny United - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch
Benfica 1-3 Wilton United

So Lifford, Galway, Mayo, Peamount, Dundalk WFC, Dundalk City, Wilton and Raheny/Stella all through to quarter finals, to be played on Sept 2nd

ashy
23/07/2007, 11:30 PM
As far as I know,

Combined Counties 1-3 Lifford
St Catherines 2-6 Galway & District League
Limerick League 2-4 Mayo League (AET)
Peamount United 2-0 Cork League
Dundalk WFC v DWSL - walkover to dundalk WFC
Wexford League 2-4 Dundalk City
Stella Maris v Raheny United - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch
Benfica 1-3 Wilton United

So Lifford, Galway, Mayo, Peamount, Dundalk WFC, Dundalk City, Wilton and Raheny/Stella all through to quarter finals, to be played on Sept 2nd

nice 1 was gonna ask when is d next round?? when is the draw?

rasper
23/07/2007, 11:43 PM
draw tuesday me thinks

ashy
24/07/2007, 5:12 AM

just to let u know guys excluding 2 players our team is at full strength...Plus we have 3 young international players who will all be eligable to play for our next round match..Our side is going from strength to strength thank god! Bring ye on come sept.............................................. .....

Squeez
24/07/2007, 7:03 PM
When Wilton on song they can be unstoppable but they're not unbeatable from what i saw in game v Benfica...they have weaknesses that'll be exposed by other teams left in the competition...

ashy
25/07/2007, 3:47 AM
When Wilton on song they can be unstoppable but they're not unbeatable from what i saw in game v Benfica...they have weaknesses that'll be exposed by other teams left in the competition...

game against benfica was a tough game for both teams but i do think the best team won on the day... any team can make it to the finals.. who can predict the final four??

Curler
25/07/2007, 4:47 PM
"Dublin Premier Division now, the strongest league in the country"

... thats debatable... what about the Colleges/Universities league? Thats the only truely national league...

Galway beating St Catherines 6-2 doesn't saw much for the Dublin Premier

chippy125
26/07/2007, 9:21 AM
Galway I heard were very well prepared and have a very good squad again this year. St Catherines had 2 chances and scored 2 goals,Galway have a number of players who will score goals for them. The half time result was 1-5 to Galway. A team to watch?

chick
27/07/2007, 12:38 PM
any news on the draw or when its on? :p

rasper
31/07/2007, 12:07 PM
mayo league play lifford

Curler
31/07/2007, 3:27 PM
any others?

chippy125
31/07/2007, 9:59 PM
Dundalk Vs Galway. Wilton Vs Dundalk City. Lifford Vs Mayo.
Peamount Vs Rahney/stella Maris.

Number9
02/08/2007, 10:04 AM
Dundalk Vs Galway. Wilton Vs Dundalk City. Lifford Vs Mayo.
Peamount Vs Rahney/stella Maris.

All matches to be played 2nd September kickoff 3pm

CollegeTillIDie
03/08/2007, 9:04 PM
"Dublin Premier Division now, the strongest league in the country"

... thats debatable... what about the Colleges/Universities league? Thats the only truely national league...

Galway beating St Catherines 6-2 doesn't saw much for the Dublin Premier

St. Catherine's are rock bottom of the Premier and are having a bad season.
Galway have always been able to produce good quality players. Niamh Fahey is both a senior International player in soccer as well as doing the other code.......
as regards the WSCAI League's while they are a national competition the standard would not be as high as any of the good Senior Leagues in the country. I am a former club official of a WSCAI member University and I was watching games in the League from the mid 1990's to the early part of this decade. The switch to exclusively midweek games finished me off as regards getting to the games. If you want proof the WSCAI Leagues produced a clutch of senior international panel members up to about three years ago. No new talent at senior international level has emerged via that route since then. I think the last player to emerge was Benfica's Emma Griffin who was spotted playing for WIT and eventually the combined Colleges international side.

ashy
15/08/2007, 4:47 AM
All matches to be played 2nd September kickoff 3pm

any predictions?????? :D:D:D

chick
16/08/2007, 2:57 PM
Dundalk Vs Galway - Galway
Wilton Vs Dundalk City - Wilton
Lifford Vs Mayo - Lifford?
Peamount Vs Rahen- Raheny

rasper
16/08/2007, 3:39 PM
predictions

galway
wilton
lifford
peamount

libero4
20/08/2007, 1:03 PM
Who can stop Raheny.
Mayo can beat Lifford. No chance if Lifford had all their players.
Wilton should also progress. Great footballing side.
Galway for semis. Dark horse of competition.

ashy
23/08/2007, 7:19 PM
cant comment on raheny or galway as havent seen them play,
but did see lifford and mayo play and should be a cracker both team are very strong so could go anyway..
as for wilton if they play like they can no1 will stop them............:ball:;):ball:

rasper
02/09/2007, 8:10 PM
wins for galway, lifford, wilton and raheny so mayo and dundalk out

pool 7
03/09/2007, 10:11 AM
Heard Mayo v lifford good game,Mayo deserved more out of game.also had a lot of injuries.Lifford played some good football at times.Wasnt at any of the games,any other reports!!!

chick
03/09/2007, 10:22 AM
:ball:the mayo lifford game went into extra time, all the others finished in the 90 mins. dundalk city went 2-0 up before losing. galway scored twice in the 2nd half to win. for raheny, the same player scored 5 of their goals! :eek:

pool 7
03/09/2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry chick dont think mayo lifford game went to extra time

libero4
03/09/2007, 12:06 PM
Was at hurling final but friend went to Ennis to see Lifford / Mayo game.
Apparently Lifford dominated first half and should have been more than 2 goals up at half time. Mayo were very strong in the second half and pulled an early goal back and had Lifford under huge pressure at times. Lifford had a lot of good chances as did Mayo but overall Lifford deserved the win.
Well done to Galway, Wilton and Raheny.
Can anyone stop Raheny. The remaining teams should talk to Benfica; the only team to beat Raheny this year. I saw this game and Benfica deserved to win even though Raheny were short a few players.

chick
03/09/2007, 3:09 PM
Sorry chick dont think mayo lifford game went to extra time

My bad :o

Anyone know when the draw or the semis are on?

rasper
03/09/2007, 5:26 PM
the draws should be this tuesday as the match's are in two weeks