Well 2 games left , kicking off tonight
Team P W D L F A GD Pts Pts
1 Real Madrid 36 22 6 8 61 37 24 72
2 Barcelona 36 21 9 6 71 30 41 72
3 Sevilla 36 21 7 8 64 34 30 70

Barcelona v Espanyol
Mallorca v Sevilla
Real Zaragoza v Real Madrid

Real Madrid are the form team but i would have a slight fancy for Barcelona to come through with 2 wins and Real to slip up tonight .

sligoman
09/06/2007, 6:34 PM
I reckon and hope Barca too. Don't think Real Madrid have the bottle for it.

Dodge
09/06/2007, 6:46 PM
Think Madrid will win both games and the league

Hibs4Ever
09/06/2007, 7:09 PM
Barca for the league

Think Madrid will lose to Zaragoza tonight

Poor Student
09/06/2007, 7:38 PM
Barca and Real both losing right now.

Hibs4Ever
09/06/2007, 8:03 PM
Nice hand ball from Messi

sligoman
09/06/2007, 8:16 PM
Barca winning now and Madrid drawing.

Edit:
Not involved in title race but Valencia are down to 8 men(1 of which is keeper) in local derby with Levante:eek:. Levante are down to 10 men. Levante winning 3-1 at the moment.

Madrid 2-1 down now.

Hibs4Ever
09/06/2007, 8:52 PM
What an ending. Definitely Real Madrids league now

Dodge
09/06/2007, 8:55 PM
What an ending. Definitely Real Madrids league now

Looks that way :(

sligoman
09/06/2007, 8:55 PM
Classic endings alright. Real equalise in 89th min and Espanyol equalise in the 90th:D.

Hibs4Ever
09/06/2007, 8:58 PM
Although would love to see them fook up next week after their celebrations tonight, you'd think they actually won the league tonight

My favourite team, Real Sociedad relegated tonight too :(

sligoman
09/06/2007, 8:58 PM
Who are they both playing next week? Too lazy to look it up:o.

Hibs4Ever
09/06/2007, 8:59 PM
Real at home to Mallorca

Barca away to Gimnastic

sligoman
09/06/2007, 9:07 PM
Mallorca managed a draw tonight Vs. Sevilla. Ya never know, I know it's in the Bernabeu, but Madrid might slip up. Definitely three points for Barca next week anyway.

Really hope Barca win it, going through the whole season undefeated and not to win the title would be seriously disappointing.

Dodge
09/06/2007, 9:11 PM
Really hope Barca win it, going through the whole season undefeated and not to win the title would be seriously disappointing.

Barca lost 6 times this season

sligoman
09/06/2007, 9:13 PM
Barca lost 6 times this seasonSorry, basing it on BBC Website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/spain_results/tables/default.stm). Should have known better.

pineapple stu
09/06/2007, 9:17 PM
Unbeaten at home.

kdjaC
09/06/2007, 9:18 PM
Sorry, basing it on BBC Website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/spain_results/tables/default.stm). Should have known better.

lol thats the home part your looking at :o

kdjac

sligoman
09/06/2007, 9:24 PM
Erm, yeah, that's what I had meant, unbeaten at home.

:o

mypost
10/06/2007, 1:51 AM
I reckon and hope Barca too. Don't think Real Madrid have the bottle for it.

"Lost La Liga,
Lost La Copa,
Lost Europa,
Barcelona." :D

Viva Real!! Olé, Olé, Olé, :p

About time the title came back to it's rightful home. :p

Risteard
11/06/2007, 12:10 AM
Erm, yeah, that's what I had meant, unbeaten at home.

:o
Another CCFC-Barca link along with being the two best footie sides in Europe.

A bit ridiculous that Capello is still on his way out.

sligoman
11/06/2007, 12:17 AM
A bit ridiculous that Capello is still on his way out.and Rico too:p

mypost
11/06/2007, 9:41 AM
Although would love to see them fook up next week after their celebrations tonight, you'd think they actually won the league tonight

When you've waited 4 years to win a title, you're entitled to celebrate it. :rolleyes:

gustavo
11/06/2007, 9:51 AM
When you've waited 4 years to win a title, you're entitled to celebrate it. :rolleyes:
I think it was more relief than anything , They came so close to being out of contention altogether , Sergio Ramos is some player

Dodge
11/06/2007, 9:52 AM
Absolutely.

When you win it...

mypost
11/06/2007, 2:12 PM
It's as good as won. Playing Mallorca at home will be a party.

Dodge
11/06/2007, 2:13 PM
Agreed. And personally I had no problem with the celebrations the other night

Risteard
11/06/2007, 5:43 PM
and Rico too:p
Sorry?:confused::confused:

DmanDmythDledge
11/06/2007, 11:25 PM
I think it was more relief than anything , They came so close to being out of contention altogether , Sergio Ramos is some player
Ramos is class alright, still only 21 too.

Good to see Real probably reclaim the league.

Over the post
12/06/2007, 5:27 PM
It's their form in the run-in that has won it for them. Real had gained 27 of 30 possible points prior to the Zaragoza game, many of them picked up in extremis like in Zaragoza. They've looked really hungry while Barça and Valencia dithered and Sevilla got side-tracked by the UEFA Cup and the domestic cup.
Glad to see Beckham and Horse Features getting some recognition.
Contemptible to see the two-faced git who is the Madrid Chairman performing an about turn to say how much they love Beckham and want to buy him out of his LA Galaxy contract just a few months after publicly insulting him.
The day after the Zaragoza match, himself and the wife flew to Roland Garros and snuck into the Nadal family box for a photo op. Nadal's family are furious.

mypost
13/06/2007, 2:52 AM
Beating the Catalans 5-3 on aggregate helps too. ;)

It mirrors our last title win in 2003, beating Sociedad on aggregate. They never recovered. The title win sent Barcelona into Europe. It's taken us 4 years to recover from that!!

Over the post
13/06/2007, 9:01 AM
Considering what a disunited bunch of moaners they were in the first half of the season, they've really shown character to pull together and get the results when it counted and deserve the title.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Capello now. My money's on him leaving "by mutual accord". Roberto Carlos has already announced he's off to Turkey, Emerson can't wait to leave, Beckham's off, doubt Reyes will stay, clouds over the futures of Gago, Higuain, Salgado, Helguera and even Raúl. It'll make for an interesting close season!

joeSoap
13/06/2007, 9:23 AM
Van Nistelrooy will now have won championships in three different countries-Holland, England and now Spain. Fair achievement that...:ball:

mypost
13/06/2007, 9:42 AM
clouds over the futures of Gago, Higuain

Gago, and Higuain represent the Real of the future. Good young midfielders who will only get better with experience.

Over the post
13/06/2007, 11:04 AM
Gago, and Higuain represent the Real of the future. Good young midfielders who will only get better with experience.

Hmm, twould be nice to think so but Madrid usually only give chances to youngsters who grab the headlines from day 1. Look at Portillo and Soldado, both scored more goals than Raúl this season yet they've been banished to lesser clubs. Both the Argentinean lads are good footballers, and I hope they are given the chance to flourish, but a lot depends on who's calling the shots at Madrid next season. Most Madrid fans here feel the jury is still out on Gago and Higuain, the style of play and the general atmosphere at the club this season has made it difficult for them. If Schuster is in charge next season I think there will be more emphasis on playing football, which will benefit both of them. If Capello stays, they'll be restricted to bit-part roles.

beautifulrock
13/06/2007, 11:21 AM
Does anyone here hope Sevilla will win it, what are the chances of both Barca and Real losing and them winning.

mypost
13/06/2007, 11:44 AM
None. They had their chance last week and blew it.

Gago and Higuain lack experience, but they represent a breadth of fresh air compared to the likes of Guti.

The key signing of the season was Cannavaro, really has stabilised the defence. The games we've lost this season have been narrow defeats, whereas before, those matches would have been lost by half time. And Casillas is the Barry Murphy of La Liga. :) Top class, season after season.

Over the post
13/06/2007, 11:46 AM
Does anyone here hope Sevilla will win it, what are the chances of both Barca and Real losing and them winning.

Slim. Sevilla are playing Villareal who need to win to be sure of a UEFA cup place and Sevilla are missing a raft of players due to injuries, suspensions and international call-ups (Kanouté, Adriano, Javi Navarro, Dragutinovic and possibly Alves).

Madrid are at home to Mallorca who have nothing to play for.

Barça are away to Nástic who are already relegated.

Mind you, it's well known that in Spain, in situations like this, Madrid and Barça will be offering financial incentives to their rival's opponents so when I say that Mallorca and Nástic have nothing to play for, I am referring to league position, financially they would both do well out of pulling off an upset. Apparently this isn't illegal providing the incentive is for the other team to win, and not to lose or draw.

Over the post
13/06/2007, 11:52 AM
None. They had their chance last week and blew it.

Gago and Higuain lack experience, but they represent a breadth of fresh air compared to the likes of Guti.

The key signing of the season was Cannavaro, really has stabilised the defence. The games we've lost this season have been narrow defeats, whereas before, those matches would have been lost by half time. And Casillas is the Barry Murphy of La Liga. :) Top class, season after season.

Cannavaro has got his act together a bit in the last few months, but he's looked about as confident as Bambi on ice for the most part (e.g. match against Recreativo before Christmas, just after receiving the FIFA world player award). He's looked a class act at times, but has been horribly inconsistent.

The main factor in stabilising the defence has been playing either two (Diarra and Emerson) and sometimes even three (plus Gago) defensive midfielders in front of it. Not something that has endeared Capello to the faithful.

Spot on about Casillas though; don't know where they'd be without him.

leonol
14/06/2007, 7:33 PM

I would love to see Sevilla win , there are still like a family club great atmosphere there at matches, but I am sweating on my team Celta not being relegated this week end,hope Betis go instead

shakermaker1982
15/06/2007, 7:07 AM
Anybody but Madrid for me!!!

Hibs4Ever
17/06/2007, 7:19 PM
Real one down :D

Come on Mallorca

Hibs4Ever
17/06/2007, 7:23 PM
Barca one up too :D

sligoman
17/06/2007, 7:36 PM
Barca 3-0 up now. Would love to see Madrid **** up on title winning day:D. Van Nistelrooy subbed off by Real Madrid, guessing he's injured.

Valencia Hoop
17/06/2007, 8:22 PM
Can't get the usual Chinese tv working :( but listening to RNE.

Still Madrid 0-1 Mallorca, hilarious. Reyes on for Beckham
Bar$a 4 up.

Zaragoza blowing their Uefa spot in Huelva.

Gaillimh Al
17/06/2007, 8:22 PM
Real have just equalised. Should be a great finish. What odds Beckham to score winner?

Valencia Hoop
17/06/2007, 8:23 PM
1-1r reyes ****

sligoman
17/06/2007, 8:23 PM
What odds Beckham to score winner?Highest number in the world to 1, saying as he was subbed to bring Reyes on:p.

Gaillimh Al
17/06/2007, 8:29 PM
Fair enough......:o

sligoman
17/06/2007, 8:34 PM
Real take the lead:(.