PDA

View Full Version : C.C.I.S.A.

ian
28/02/2003, 7:36 AM
Lads the C.C.I.S.A. are to run some buses to away games if you are interested can u Get to us and let us know if you like to get on the away trips. Any games you like to go to just post it on hear and we get back to you as soon as.:cool: :cool: :cool:

A face
28/02/2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by eian
Lads the C.C.I.S.A. are to run some buses to away games if you are interested can u Get to us and let us know if you like to get on the away trips. Any games you like to go to just post it on hear and we get back to you as soon as.:cool: :cool: :cool:

nice one lads !! :)

Neil
03/03/2003, 11:38 AM
Count me in for the Waterford and Longford trips anyway. Maybe a trip to Pats... and if there's a good FAI Cup away game...

Talk tye at the home games anyway...

thecorner
03/03/2003, 6:11 PM
lets go to derry

cfcgirl
03/03/2003, 6:21 PM
Derry would be a great trip.

Peadar
03/03/2003, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by cfcgirl
Derry would be a great trip.

Derry is a great trip but since they usually play us at 12:00 it would be a real slog for anyone heading up from Leeside.
What I used to do was head up on the Saturday, book into the Strand Hotel and head out for a bite to eat and a few scoops.
Well worth it!

James
03/03/2003, 6:46 PM
or just do what we did last year
stay over sat night in sligo, catch a match there
then head onto derry the next morning
breaks up the journey nicely

joe
03/03/2003, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Derry is a great trip but since they usually play us at 12:00 it would be a real slog for anyone heading up from Leeside.
What I used to do was head up on the Saturday, book into the Strand Hotel and head out for a bite to eat and a few scoops.
Well worth it!

There was a rumour going around that we'd be playing them on thursday nights from this season on, with city flying up and down. don't know if it's going to happen or not.

when i'm that far from home the plan is usually to find some other game to ake in and make a weekend of it (sligo is usually handy enough) and if you're lucky you might catch a game, or two, on your way home on sunday too!

mouldymurphy
04/03/2003, 1:08 PM
city can stop that happening the 180 mile rule !

Dodge
04/03/2003, 1:13 PM
Might be a reciprocal arrangemnt. Cork allow Derry play on Thursday, Derry allow Cork on Friday....

Don't know just guessing...

joe
04/03/2003, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Might be a reciprocal arrangemnt. Cork allow Derry play on Thursday, Derry allow Cork on Friday....

actually i think they were saying matches at the cross would be on saturday nights. like i said only a rumour

A face
04/03/2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by joe
actually i think they were saying matches at the cross would be on saturday nights. like i said only a rumour

That is a seriously bad move i think .... We now have Friday night football, and are on parr with Dublin clubs as regards travelling, them have advantage over us all the time before and the crowds are used to it now aswell. but to start having games starting at different times throughout the season is stupid.

The best way to have it is to have games starting on the same day every week. I know we used to accommodate Derry before but i think we will suffer if we keep on swapping about .... what is wrong with Sunday at 12.00.

Thursday ... Who came up with that :rolleyes:

Neil
04/03/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by A face
Thursday ... Who came up with that :rolleyes:
Derry play all their games on a Thursday, I think. Because of greyhound racing?

Schumi
04/03/2003, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Derry play all their games on a Thursday, I think. Because of greyhound racing? Awkward ****ers.

Macy
04/03/2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Derry play all their games on a Thursday, I think. Because of greyhound racing?
No dog racing there on a Saturday night AFAIK.... Thursday night football is sh!te.... Hopefully youse'll switch our games to the Saturday night again though - sure you're the huge club so kick off times shouldn't effect your crowds :p

NorthoftheLee
04/03/2003, 3:12 PM
IMO it would be great if they switched all the sunday games to Saturday nite. Especially the 12pm ones..which completely suck ass seeing as most people are usually still well hungover at that time. Saturday nite is just as good as Friday nite. Midweek away games esp. to derry are impossible for a lot of people.

ian
04/03/2003, 3:33 PM
ok lads i will look in to the derry games as for the rest we will pick a few games and then see o by the way i have made up some flayers so look out for them at the first game of the season.COME ON BIG PATS ARMY.:) :cool: :D